Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

Go for another bike ride! Nothing helps me quite as much as cycling outdoors. Cleans out the brain nicely. Congrats on 29 days :clap:

5 Likes

Day 132,

Happy to be at work. Got a great workout in yesterday so i took the morning off to rest up. Now itā€™s about focusing and not handing my brain over this morning to my impulses. Have a great day!

E

16 Likes

@Just_Laura congrats on your 300 days Laura! :partying_face::tada: You are doing great - keep going strong :muscle: So awesome that your daughter killed it with her passageā€¦ should be a proud momma for sure.
@Lile01 great work on day 6 Indi! Grateful that you do have a doctorā€™s appointment. So sorry that you are feeling so ill ā€¦the detox can be harsh on our bodies. Hope you start to feel better soon.
@SoberWalker great work on 2 months of no social media! Thanks for the pictureā€¦tree just looks so happy. Hoping today is filled with calmness for you. :people_hugging:
@acromouse congrats on your 3 weeks :muscle:. Hope you take it easy and heal well
@JoeDogs welcome to day 1 Brad.
@Timetochange you have been doing amazingly well keeping focused and on track. It does suck when those around us donā€™t understand how destructive even one drink is. Greatful that you will have options of non alcoholic beverages. Together we can get through this holiday season.
@Steve92 heck yeah - thatā€™s a win! Keep going strong :muscle:
@Alycia oh that sounds like a stressful and frustrating day. Grateful that you were able to come here and find comfort and support. :people_hugging: Wishing you a better day today
@Trixie1 I know for me I did have some brain fog in my early recovery days. A few things did get missed and had to start making reminder notes. I am grateful that you were able to talk this out with your therapistā€¦ hopefully not beating yourself up over it.
@Rockstar24777 3.5 years!!! Awesome work Robbie :muscle:

15 Likes

So relieved to be past a chapter that we have been looking forward to for a long time. We got my MIL moved out of the home she shared with her ex husband, my husband drove her from northern Florida to southern Michigan, I drove the 7 hours over and got her studio apartment set up for her and the three of us unloaded the trailer and got her, her little terrier dog and ancient cat all settled in. She can start her new life and we did our best to help - it felt really good to accomplish something we have been planning for 6+ months. Iā€™m glad I was able to power through even though I have lingering crud from being so sick, I got tired so quickly, too, but we made it happen. I drove my husband and myself home yesterday since he had just spent two days driving and apparently did most of it himself. It was an ordeal but it was worth it. Iā€™m looking forward to being able to see her more regularly, she really is a smart and interesting woman and I enjoy her conversation and doing things like hiking and camping with her. We now have the ability to do more of that being within driving distance and she can have a relationship with her granddaughter there who lives half an hour away. All happy things.

Iā€™m happy thatā€™s over, though, and Iā€™m happy to be home and back to routine. Though today I get this temporary crown off my two back molars and finally get my permanent crowns! I canā€™t wait! Iā€™m grateful my recovery has included getting my teeth in working order! While I was drinking I just avoided every ā€œadultingā€ thing I could. Iā€™m grateful to be confronting what needs to happen, what I want to happen, and not avoiding by numbing out any more. Sending sober strength to you all. :heartpulse:

20 Likes

19 Likes

@CATMANCAM Thank you for the birthday wishes. Glad you got the mood stabilizers and hopefully will be feeling more like yourself soon. Glad you got the place cleaned up before the appointment and that your inspection is completed. Hoping your day goes smoothly
@Mindofsobermike Thanks Mike for my birthday wishes.

Checking in on Wednesday morning - Happy Hump Day everyone
I slept like the dead ā€“ must have needed it. I am grateful to be up and have motivation today - hope my body can keep up :wink:
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day! Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

16 Likes

Goodmorning jazz
A brand new day sence your birthday
Happy belated birthday :birthday:

I just wish you a good day ok
Your a ray of light :sparkles:

6 Likes

You are so damn interesting :slight_smile:

I love seeing your pictures on your posts

I just wish you a good day ok
Take care

6 Likes

Thank you friend for your kind words. I did have a wonderful day and was overwhelmed with all the love around me :hugs:

5 Likes

Checking in on day 154. Only 12 days til Christmas, as if anyone needs remindingšŸ˜œ

19 Likes

Good Evening :crescent_moon::star2:
Day 3 :tada:
Hope everyone is fine
Try to always see the good in everything :purple_heart: Always remind myself of that
Coffee time :coffee::heart:
:heart::balloon:

16 Likes

Yes the dentist went well, thank you for asking! That was a relief :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Busy day, but the stress reduced along the way. The tillā€™s work :confetti_ball: So it was a good day after all.

2 Likes

Oh that is lovely to hear :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank You! :hugs:

Well it helps me to keep it on track / makes me happy :hugs:
and how they say:

:star: ā€œDo more of what makes you happyā€ :star:

Have a good one too :fist_right::fist_left:

5 Likes

Working my way through day 32 and today is definitely better than yesterday. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. to do my routine and ended up having to deal with an incident outside my home involving a driver hitting a parked car. My husbandā€™s parked car. The police were beyond irritating I had to make a complaint with the department. My youngest, she has special needs, is sick so that always gives me added anxiety, luckily she is doing well though, thank God for that. Had another incident in the afternoon not as big of a deal. 30 days seemed so exciting and then I wake up on day 31 and it seems like everything has fallen to complete shit. This whole car situation right before the holidays itā€™s not a good feeling. I tried to get pills yesterday and luckily that didnā€™t work out. Feeling a little bit better today still kind of upset about things. Not in the best place with my husband as Iā€™m holding a lot of resentment towards him for not listening to me about putting his car in the driveway before we went to bed. But I guess nobodyā€™s perfect and that resentment is only going to feed the dark side of me, aka my addiction, she is such a beeotch. I know using my DOC to cope will never be the right option but just like any other habit it is my comfort zone and it does seem to be where I run to during hard times. Just another thing intricately woven into my life by years of addiction that now I must correct and find a better way. Have a whimsical Wednesday everyone!

17 Likes

Day 93 n still soberā€¦
Just a normal day at work :barber:

22 Likes

Checking in sober. Day 11.

Iā€™m useless at work. Only 5 more days at this job and I think my brain has already left. :joy:

Iā€™m excited about my new job starting in January. And getting a little time off over the holidays. And even though most of my family drinks, they know I donā€™t so itā€™s really not a trigger for me. Weā€™ll all be together from the 22nd-26th. Itā€™s always a bit overwhelming for me, but itā€™s only a few days. And I do like seeing them all.

I just wish my brain wouldnā€™t insist on overthinking everything. I wish I could just be ā€œchill,ā€ but thatā€™s not who I am. Iā€™m trying to be okay with that.

OFDAAT

22 Likes

Thanks for the shout out. Itā€™s so huge. I have not been sober this long in 20 years.

7 Likes

Not giving in to the addictive habit will help and make it slightly easier the next time youā€™re triggered. Not even noticeable on a time to time basis but in the long run it will get ever easier as you learn other ways and train other, healthier coping mechanism and habits into your system. Keep going. Glad you made it through this one X

5 Likes