Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

So today must be your day 200, congrats Patricia!! :tada::raised_hands:

3 Likes

Very glad I got out yesterday and did a good :bike: ride. Might repeat tomorrow. Iā€™m planning on a more active year than last. Today not sure yet what Iā€™ll do, nothing too intense though. Have some good food. Watch some (winter) sports on TV. Cuddle with Luna on the couch. Read a book. Maybe go downtown for a little bit. No drinking or drugging will be involved, thatā€™s for sure. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love from yesterdayā€™s ride.

25 Likes

Day 496 AF

Oh man the height of summer and the cravings!!

In all 496 days id have to say summer has been tough but manageable i did partake in a NA beer at dinner the other night which help subside things alot

I was a really all or nothing drinker yet after that i felt no need to have a 2nd one. So that was nice.

Secondly this year has got me reconnecting mind and body! I recently hit 40 i work a labour job and decided if i dont start looking after myself ill crumble! Ive had the gym mindset for months on thursday arvo the switch flicked and saturday morning i went and worked out and signed up for a new gym!

Yeah to summer!

24 Likes

day 23! had a rough time with roaches today, but am glad i have a support network here who im staying with. otherwise, just kinda running over sobriety in my mind. iā€™m still getting a lot of mental cravings, like, right now id normally be drinking and smoking and not having that on the weekend feels abnormal. i built a lot of my life around both those things for years, so the change has been a bit jarring. i created a lot of systems around how to drink, how much i could smoke at any given point, etc, and just thinking about that knowledge and how useless and time consuming it really is. but thatā€™s addiction, and i know that. itā€™s just an odd thing to think about.

21 Likes

@wahtisnormal I hope youā€™ll feel better soon! Sending you good vibes and hugs :hugs: :people_hugging:
@Mno Oh, that picture brings back nice memories of last years summer vacation. :sunny: :ocean: :bike:
@Hidden I get you on the Peloton. For me itā€™s functional strong Yoga, but after an hour of practice Iā€™ve worked through so much inner shit. Keep going!
@Vikingsfan Regret, shame, and guilt can be very difficult, especially when the play in an endless loop :repeat:. I often find either physical activities or breathing exercises, sometimes meditation helpful to get out of the repeat loop. I hope you find peace soon.
@2JTravNZ Congrats on deciding to take care of your body and working out. Share your journey with us.
@tryingthisagain Leaving old patterns and systems behind, creating new ones, and getting used to them is a lot of work. Obviously the work of successful recovery. I wish you strength. Maybe youā€™d like to share ideas for Alternatives how you could spent your weekends otherwise.

67 no sugar, no binge
23 UPFs
23 dairy

Itā€™s Sunday and itā€™s time for my weekly review. I like to look back at the last week, prepare for the new one, and consider what Iā€™d like to focus on next week.
I found an interesting book about 12 steps and Yoga. Recovery and yoga as an integral practice could really be valuable to me.

Whatever the day brings, one breath at a time. Wishing you fine people a peaceful day :peace_symbol::dove:

22 Likes

*Day 1957 :walking_woman:
It was an easy day yesterday. Had the day off and did some groceries, went to the library and did some housechores. Still having a headache, I think this is the second week for it :face_with_peeking_eye:
Do not know the cause of it, maybe my emotion about my dads bithday and the 1 year date from the passing of my beloved cat. I also had a difficult confronting session with my coach, she made me think a lot about how hard I am for myself. So try to do this a little bit more in 2024:

Today my husband and sons arrive home from their holiday together. So Iā€™m not alone anymore and I can ventilate again about whatā€™s on my mind. I need that, I guess everyone needs that, some more then others :blush:
Have a good sunday all :raising_hand_woman:

24 Likes

@Vikingsfan - I definitely went thru that time of ruminating my past, over and over. I was at 60 days, and couldnā€™t take it anymore. I finally took the advice from so many here and went to my first AA meeting. First one, I asked how you can live with your regrets, and a whole room of people responded. Top answer was to learn acceptance, and they showed me the way. That was 4 years ago and I relapsed during covid for 3 of them. The difference when I quit this time was that I didnā€™t have those thoughts again. Iā€™d already learned how to process them properly. Idk if youā€™ve ever been attended or not, but thatā€™s my suggestion regardless. And maybe some vitamin D, since this week of the year is when SAD affects the most people. Take care :slightly_smiling_face:

Late again! I slept for 3 hours and couldnā€™t get back to sleep. I layed on the couch ALL day trying to nap, and couldnā€™t. I made plans to see my friend tonight but she woke up sick. I met up with the work crew instead. Good times, as usual. It is so refreshing to see the younger ones seriously looking out for whoā€™s driving. Get this :astonished: they can actually stop drinking for a while before they leave! I never knew that was an option! I always thought it was stay til last call, get kicked out, or run out of money. Geez, guess I was doing it wrong :woman_facepalming: Anyway, Iā€™d better get to sleep so I can be productive tomorrow :sleeping:

19 Likes

All good! A later than expected check in due to an early night :joy:
Up fresh as a daisy and happy to head out for my run them cook a big Sunday roast :wink:

6 Likes

Hi friends, so itā€™s been 20 days and counting, few relapses before and learned from them as well as from dear fellows of this community. Itā€™s funny how we need to outgrow our brain at this early stage and tell it ā€œhey brain, Iā€™m smarter than you, listen to me! Iā€™m your fellow, donā€™t worry youā€™ll get use to new normal realityā€. :grin: Happy day to ay all :hugs:

25 Likes

Thanks Cam. Im glad you had a good day at the river. Try and get some sleep. :grin:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone! Checking in on day 58. I hope everyone has the most amazing day!!
:v:t3: and :purple_heart:

14 Likes

Same to you. :v:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a great feeling. Knowing how you feel waking up. And how you would have felt if you hadnā€™t of powered through. You get stronger every time you win one of those battles :muscle:

3 Likes

Just checking in! Whoooo travelling with kids isā€¦well a bit a lot lol. Son had a major night terror last night just as I was fallong asleep, and it took a long time for him to calm down. I feel ao helpless when it happens, but last night i was also grumpy bc there is something about being woken up JUST as you fall asleep that discombobulates.

Glad we just took it easy yesterday afternoon/evening. Today want to go skating & to the museum. They are having a silly animal photo exhibit & the kids will love it. So grateful i have a hubby who searches this stuff out, he is our trip planner :slight_smile: xo.

Deep breaths today. Less coffee & going to try to do yoga again with kids. Son is up & cranky as all hell already feom lack of sleep. PRAY FOR ME LOL :laughing: XO

10 Likes
  1. Lazy day. Bit of shopping, relaxing and listening to some music. May watch something on Netflix later. Off now most Fridays till end of March I think? Off to a wedding in a few weeks time in Manchester which is about 9 hour drive from here. Itā€™s one of my nephews so I am keen to attend.
14 Likes

Way to go!! @Dustysprungfield

2 Likes

Thank you for thisā€¦ I appreciate all the tips and advice I can get. Iā€™ve never heard of this AI-Anon before. I will have a look. My dad is not an alcoholic but he is addicted to a prescribed medication. Not sure of that would be covered in this programā€¦

2 Likes

Hi @JazzyS Im not even sure what that isā€¦ wish I had more info. Iā€™ll research it. Otherwise yes I agree. Thereā€™s not much I can do for him sobriety wise. Thatā€™s up to him. I just want him to know I love and support him. Itā€™s killing me to see him hurting so much emotionally

2 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1323. I hope everybody has a good one!

22 Likes

Checking in at day 31. Sunday morning is orchestra time, and so much more enjoyable without a hangover.

20 Likes