Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Just checking in, day 202.

27 Likes

Checking in day 21 af and drug free

Went to my first AA meeting yesterday
Very insightful and welcoming!
I do want to integrate some meetings in my weekly routine.
Had an in office day today which took a lot but I showed up and am trying my best!
Little victories & progress not perfection.
Wishing everyone a happy sober day :heavy_heart_exclamation:

30 Likes

Thatā€™s fā€™n fantastic JP!

Iā€™m so happy you had a positive experience.

Congratulations on 3 weeks of sobriety! Againā€¦ Truly incredible!

5 Likes

Checking in
Day 255 no drinking
Day 196 no vapes or ciggs
Day 0.47 no cbd
Day 66 no thc

Woke up late by accident
Got dressed and ran out the door for work
Not letting it hold me back
Moving forward

21 Likes

One thing I learned while in college this last time is that even if my best meant I got 1% on a test/exam and I failed, I still did my best and thereā€™s no shame in that.

I had to adjust my expectations of myself.

Funny thing is,ā€¦ I ended up being pretty close to a straight A student in my program.

The world works in mysterious ways.

6 Likes

That it does my friend. Thanks for your kind words and continued support. Put a smile on my face :blush: Iā€™m trying to definitely change my expectations and mindset like you said. I like the saying ā€œshoot for the moon, even if you fall, youā€™ll land among the starsā€ :sparkles::star2: puts a positive spin on both !!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s definitely accurate! You got this :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 716
Feeling much more myself today. Woke up tired but pushed myself to go to the gym. Ended up having an amazing workout. Did back exercises and 30 min of cardio (without any knee pain). Felt sooo good to be moving my body and strengthening it. Came home full of energy! Did dishes and am now prepping my lunch. The weather is absolutely gorgeous today also so that helps the mood. Not much else happening right now. Just enjoying my day :high_brightness:

21 Likes

@Jules000 love that your subconscious was looking out for you. Amazing how deep down we know how to protect ourselves :heart:
@dalecooper Welcome to the community Dale! 13 days is amazing work ā€“ you are among a very supportive group of people- glad you are here with us on this journey!
@mrfantastik We do have some off days. Its ok to allow yourself some down time. I do hope that your new activity for today was fun and provided you with the motivation you needed :hugs:
@acromouse Sending you healing vibes my friend ā€“ sorry you are unwellā€¦ wishing you a quick recovery
@steve92 Congrats on your 1 week milestone! Keep working on you. Each day you abstain is a day gained and just makes you that much stronger.
@iamthechange WOOT WOOT Ami ā€“ great job on your 2 months of sobriety! Made me laugh with the beef stew celebration idea :laughing: I do hope you find a wonderful way of celebrating your accomplishment.
@catmancam so proud of you for not giving into those cravings. Sorry that the session was so emotional and taxing. Grateful that you were able to let them settle. Here if you ever need a shoulder :hugs:
@mischa84 WOWZERS Girl ā€“ way to go with your 7 months. I do hope that you get some rest soon. Sending you loads of love ā€“ you are doing amazing work!
@ofmiceandroach You are doing great Emma with 24 days! I am so sorry that you are not feeling so great. We are here if you need to vent. Hopefully you will be able to do something for yourself in the form of selfcare that might help with the mood as well. Sending you hugs :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Today started off great and went to hell in a hand basket by lunch. Itā€™s been a busy day, audacity is at an all time high today, and my 10th graders school called in the middle of the chaos bc heā€™s ā€œsickā€ā€¦ Iā€™m pretty sure it was all the Takis he ate last night and not an actual tummy bugā€¦ but I digress ā€¦

I just needed to vent it out somewhere. Hopefully venting here was fine?

Hereā€™s to the second half of the day getting so much better :crossed_fingers: #PositiveVibesMovingForward

21 Likes

@tifflynn07 Great work on your 1 month!! :tada: Iā€™m sorry that your day went downhill. This is def the place to come and lash out - vent - scream. We need a safe space to do so. I hope it helped. Keep going strong :muscle:
@solareclips One month of sobriety is awesome ā€“ keep fighting the good fight :muscle:
@jp123 Nicely done with 3 week milestone! Grateful that you had such a lovely welcoming experience with you AA meeting. They really are the best -awesome to be among others who understand the struggle in real life.

Checking in on Tuesday afternoon
woke up early enough with another crappy night of sleep. Loved that i was able to get some mom / coffee time in :hugs: Got my zoom meeting completed and was able to catch up on TS. I did try to dye streaks of green in my hair ā€“ epic fail! No color whatsoever! So dissapointed
On my way to take mom to her appointmentā€¦ wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day! Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

15 Likes

High school and teenagers are no joke. Iā€™m constantly in a battle over what I would consider common sense things.

Emptying a school backpack before the leftover lunch turns black green and fuzzy.
Flushing the toilet and replacing the toilet paper roll.
Taking showers shorter then an hour.

To name but a few lol

6 Likes

Yassssss ā€¦ see I knew I found my people here.

Heā€™s fine. I know he is. No fever. He was a pain last night all over the place and normal this morningā€¦ but let me drop everything and come get you so you can vacation at home the rest of the day :woman_facepalming:t2:ā€¦ it was just not on my bingo card today

Thank you @JazzyS :heart:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve learned that to keep my sanity, I need to choose my battles very carefully. Somewhere between a barn and a psych ward is the line I have to tread carefully.

6 Likes

:joy: I felt that in my soul

2 Likes

Lol I feel like I just said thisā€¦

The world works in mysterious ways lol

3 Likes

34 days free of alcohol
28 days free of THC
:seedling:

My skin is going crazy. Iā€™m itchy, breaking out in hives, and I have that condition where anything that touches your skin leaves a temporary red mark. I have not changed anything in a long time in terms of what I use for soaps etc. but I have switched to an all natural body wash just in case. My mind keeps getting caught in anxiety spirals but fortunately I can catch myself heading into a panic attack before it gets too far and do a meditation to get out of it. When Iā€™m not anxiety spiraling Iā€™m totally exhausted and have major brain fog. Iā€™m so forgetful and can barely follow a thought. But at least I typed this :rofl::rofl:

Have a good sober day folks! Great numbers!! :star2::star2:

19 Likes

Oh man Lauren Iā€™m sorry love. The skin issues and itchiness can be super aggravating.

I was told by a dermatologist that even when we donā€™t change anything as in skin products that sometimes our bodies just have enough and repel the products we have been using. Stress and hormones makes this even worse.
Sending you soothing vibes and hoping you find relief soon.
That brain fog is a bitch tooā€¦ grateful you were able to check inā€¦much love dear friend :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Vent away Tiff.
Thatā€™s what weā€™re here for.
Youā€™re still sober and youā€™re not on fire.
So you got that going for ya.
Thirty days is huge!!!
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

Day 58
Getting up early means getting tired earlier in the evening. Progress, my friends :pray:

Iā€™m looking into a plane ticket to Bangkok. I need Thai food, fresh coconut, tropical beaches and a foot massage :thinking:
Tomorrow Iā€™ll decide whether I go or not. I feel a bit guilty not being at home for my parents for a month, but on the other hand I also want to live a littleā€¦

21 Likes