Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Hey you, 137 days is amazing. I can’t wait to say that is my number. Tomorrow, you’re going to be 138 af… because you are absolutely right. You CAN do this. Stay strong. Remember your reasons. Sending you love and courage

9 Likes

I hope everything goes alright for u wherever ur going :slight_smile: Are u able to leave early or step outside of this event if things get too tempting? It sounds like it may be a slippery situation as u said ur likely to be tempted. If things get too much, definitly come on here so that we can help u thru it. Good luck!

4 Likes

Checking in on day 2 without alcohol. I had made it to about 5 months earlier last year, but started drinking again during a birthday mini vacation in the summer. It wasn’t too bad at first but continued to get worse and worse and recently I have been right back at the same feelings of disappointment, guilt, and sickness that I was a year ago before I stopped the first time. During those 5 months sober coming on here and reading/posting was super helpful and motivating. I’m glad to be back.

30 Likes

Hey, good topic. It motivated me to go online searching for articles on temptation. Seems it might stem from some negative emotions, different for everyone. Guilt, shame, resentment. Maybe try to preview in your mind what emotions might crop up for you.

Happy sober day

2 Likes

Glad to see you back! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Im glad ur back :slight_smile: congratulations on day 2!

3 Likes

Congrats on 30 days, Solar!!!

4 Likes

Checking in on day 33, love to read everyone’s posts. Grateful that you’re all here on this journey.

22 Likes

Though i am grateful for another day sober today was a rough one. I just started a new job. Today was day two. I had cravings for alcohol all day. Its crazy i havent had any cravings in more than 100 days but today was rough. I made it through and i will just keep pushing! Grateful for all of you guys that lift me up without even knowing it. I did my morning meditation and journaling. So i am definitely in the maintenance phase.

23 Likes

8 days weed free. 2002 days alcohol free. Didnt gamble today.

32 Likes

Day 32. I am exhausted over partnerships with my issues, which began with health, and kidlet issues.

Both kids are strapped with crap. For me, at their ages, I had already learned how to either deal with it, or just pretend it was “fine-just-fine.”

Alas, this homeschooling Momma didn’t really raise them a bit like that. I was more about, “all issues are real issues to be dealt with.” I raised them quite oppositely about things I kept sideways by alcohol consumption.

Bleh. Sober. Ready to be available every time their hearts or minds call to me.

22 Likes

Hi Milele :wave: It’s nice to see some of your story. I’ve seen your face here and there, but I don’t recall any posts(or maybe I’m just not in the right threads :upside_down_face:). Thanks for always liking my kitties :heart:

I completely relate with this post. My brain is the #1 reason for nights I can’t get to sleep. It’s been better, but every now and then it takes me back to anytime from highschool and beyond. Situations that I should have handled differently. Reliving conversations with people who probably haven’t thought about me in years. The people who treated me badly and took advantage of me. The unset boundaries that set me up for a lifetime of codependency. But just like you said, we were young and naive. And like @Butterflymoonwoman said, maybe we weren’t shown another way. I know I wasn’t. Anyway. The most important thing I think I’ve learned in recovery is acceptance. Understanding that the past is the past and it should be left there. Of course my brain still goes on a tangent every now and then, but I try my best to bring it back to the present, bc that’s where we should be living. Don’t be so hard on yourself over what’s been done. Learn from it so you can handle things to come. Hope you slept well :blush:

15 Likes

Up too early again. Well, it gives me more time to get ready for work. Experience expertise work was really good yesterday, I got to take a guy on a walk and talk for 90 minutes, that won’t happen as a nurse. Good talk too.

One day of nursing today. That’s a profession I feel pretty assured in these days. Which I didn’t believe possible ever, before starting my journey of ReDiscovery 1689 days ago. We do get to learn and grow. One day at a time. Have as good a day as you can all. Love from downtown.

29 Likes

Checking in day 29. Had an appt with the surgeon that operated on me and removed a cancerous tumor almost 3 years ago. Everything looks and feels good. The more time that passes, the less chance of a recurrence. I hope everyone is doing well, be kind to yourself.

27 Likes

Play me :vhs:

Sorry I had to do that

20231105_215616
:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :unlock:

20 Likes

@lotusflower Love ya too friend. So grateful that you are showing yourself compassion. It is so easy to let the negativity suck us in. Together we can keep each other keep our faith and stay positive :hugs:
@mira_d Lol – I totally get the happy to be tired line – so very happy for you and your new job! :hugs:
@milele so lovely to see you checking in. I am very sorry for the mistreatments and bullying you have experienced. Kindness should not be viewed as weakness. Grateful that you are going to stand up for yourself :hugs: I do hope that you were able to get some sleep. Know we are here if you need to vent or talk. We can’t change the past but we can work on ways to let go of it. :heart:
@finallytime way to keep strong and keep your counter Evelyn. I am sorry to hear about your stressful day. Whatever gets us through the day – sugar, seltzer water, screaming, crying – it’s all great therapy. In the early days we are literally removing the one crutch we were so dependent on for so very long. Our bodies and minds have to figure out how to cope without our DOC. You did a fine job today – should be super proud of yourself :muscle:
@trixie1 Knowing that the situation may be triggering gives you the upper hand of going in prepared. Have your exit plan, know what you can order / take or make available to drink safely, have your phone charged so that you can touch base with us if need be, remember the early days and how far you have come – no need to repeat the pain of early sobriety. You are stronger than this addiction!! :muscle: We got your back :hugs:
@krissymae so good to see you back here and posting – great work on day 2 :muscle:
@michelle Sorry about your rough day. Grateful that you were able to manage those cravings. Great to see working on your meditation and journaling
@happy_trails Oh friend I am so excited to see your 1 month milestone tomorrow. So happy to hear that you are still cancer free and are doing well :people_hugging:

Checking in on Tuesday morning
405 days free of alcohol and weed
820 days free of cigarettes
I am surprised that i am still up and so awake. I had a very productive day. Wanted to watch something and stumbled on Erin Brockovich on Netflix - love this movie and am sucked into it again.
Not much to say - another successful day of staying sober.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening! Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

27 Likes

60 days in the bank

60 days of checking in here every evening, actually maybe a bit less because I think I started on day 4.

Can say the thought of not being able to check in here and keep my day count going definitely got me through a few cravings.

Have largely been free of cravings this past month. So far in the last 2 months I’ve steered clear of situations that I know will really test me. But I’ve also broken the everyday habit of getting beers at every opportunity and rolling through life half drunk.

Back to work tomorrow for another hangover free shift

Keep adding to the tally one day at a time

27 Likes

Another fulfilling day. Went thru all my paperwork. Why is there always so much?! I hate when my space is cluttered with papers, yet I allow it to happen :confounded: Happy to have it organized. Also went thru my living room closet some(the biggest closet). There’s alot that needs to go and I’m still feeling motivated to see this thru. I didn’t get to everything I wanted to since my lay off started but the things I did get to I did right and plan to continue into the spring.

Really not looking forward to our meeting tomorrow morning. At least it shouldn’t be too long. Then I’ll have the rest of the day :grin: Gonna hit the hay soon so I have the motivation to get moving in the morning. The first week back is always tough, readjusting to their schedule after living on my own for a month. Hoping for an easy transition this year. Keep fighting the good fight :muscle:

25 Likes

Day 478

Another long day. Finally got my little one to sleep last night at midnight and woke up at 6.
(She’s been staying up till 10am and sleeping all day for the past couple weeks) but that meant I had to get up at 6 with her.
It’s now a little after 1 am and I have to get back up at 630.

Then a long day of appointments, errands, and then work.

Hope it goes by quickly.
:heart:Y’all :people_hugging:

24 Likes

:heart: @Scorpn :people_hugging:
It’s good to have you checking in. You’re always thought about. Wishing you the best with all you do. Big hugs. And big congrats on all your clean days from so much. Super proud of you my friend.

6 Likes