Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

Checking in 5m11d

Today I remember why I drank. But I’m not going to.

21 Likes

Checking in 33 days. HAPPY EASTER to all!

21 Likes

@K_S , I don’t think I’ve ever regretted a day in the gym brother. It’s all about just doing it, making it a habit, and it becomes exponentially more enjoyable the more often you do!
:muscle:t2: :facepunch:t2: :fist_right: :fist_left:

8 Likes

Day 282 :slight_smile: happy Easter!
Had a nice day
Now just relaxing listening to sade
I did fancy a beer but didnt
So. I am on water this evening with some ice and lemon

24 Likes

I am having the best weekend with my husband. It seems like it’s been a long time since we have had this kind of quality time together and I am so grateful. Yesterday was perfect weather and I was feeling kind of bummed that he had a jam scheduled with his friend for the afternoon - he’s a musician and I recognize he wants to play music but sometimes it feels like it cuts into our time together. Well the friend had partied it up the night before and couldn’t make it, so win for me. Being sober means I don’t have days like that where I have to cancel plans and feel like poo, so that was a secondary win to have that as a reminder. My husband even said he wasn’t too heartbroken about it because we could spend more time together. He also said he is glad we don’t “do it up” like we used to. So am I.

Hope everyone is having as good a day as you can. :heartpulse:

24 Likes

You’re an inspiration Dana!

8 Likes

Checking in with 11 consecutive days sober. :blossom:

26 Likes

:wink: mmm, so when can I move far away? 1-2 years of sobriety??? :expressionless: Ok. Ok. I actually have a very long list of things to do right here. Funny how that works! I’d like to get strong enough in my sobriety to go visit, first! And even just run around HERE like a normal sober person.

Doing ok- very quiet day. Getting in a little walking but it’s mostly a rest day. Low overcast, pre-storm vibe. Ready for a fresh new week of productivity! I will go get a trunk full of plants to brighten my world

:heart:

18 Likes

Nice Julie. Way to rock it!

4 Likes

Happy Easter :rabbit::hatching_chick:

Since I’ve been trying to be sober, I have picked up a lot of plants to take care of. I have books, bought plant stands, something I enjoy. I’ve reached where I have enough, almost too many, and I don’t want to lose interest and move on. I have a habit doing that. Right now, all’s good.

Probably the same reason I rescue seniors, to take care of them. I love Buddy :dog2: and Alex :cat2: they’re both 11. I’ve had animals my entire life, they never judge and are always happy to see you. :blush: I should be good with the plants :cactus: since they’re also living things, I don’t even like to lose a plant. :shamrock:

Today sucks a little, my son, daughter in law, have decided I live too far (20 miles) for them to come over with the twin boys, 3 years old. Basically told me it’s too much trouble. I know it’s more my DIL, ironically she has moved her mom into their house over 10 years ago.

My son growing up, him and I used to have so much fun with my Mom every Easter, actually every holiday. It’s such a change when he married a person who her, and her mom aren’t social, at all.

Didn’t mean to turn this into a bitch fest. I replanted some Lithops (butt plants) and replaced my front room rug. And will be walking Buddy shortly. :purple_heart: I also made a milestone that I’ve never made before.

Enjoy the day!! :hugs::rabbit2:

28 Likes

Yeahhhhh!!! :partying_face: way to go! Happy for you :heart:

5 Likes

Huge congratulations @maxwell I’m super proud to read this :sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks:

Sorry to hear you didn’t get to see your family for Easter :people_hugging:.

4 Likes

Thank you Marie! :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you! It’s okay, I’m used to it. Helped complaining about it tho, lol. I hope you’re doing good, you and your furry gang! :dog2: :cat2: :cat2: :cat2: :cat2: :house_with_garden: Sorry if I got the #s wrong. Still think about you, you’re one of the reasons I’m here! :heart: :hugs:

6 Likes

Hell yeah!!! You got past the first 90 days!!! Woooohooo!!! I’m really happy for you! You are now past the most likely time period for relapses, your addiction is slowly losing its grip over you!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

That’s so lovely of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and I often think of you too! I’m glad your still here. Maybe will get to see some of your plants on the plant thread :grin:

4 Likes

Same for me, @Twizzlers you’re one of the reasons why I’m staying sober as well :smiley: It really touched me when you commented on my “I’m done with cocaine” thread. I really appreciate you, I’m looking forward to having many more sober days yessir :saluting_face: :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s very kind of you to say, your doing brilliant as well. 6 days!! Amazing!! I know from experience it isn’t easy.
Your all the reason I have been able to pick myself back up.
The strength is within us, we all from over the world hold hands together and stay sober together - It’s an energy we all share together :sunflower:

7 Likes

Here is a pic of my current Lithops/Butt plants that I referred to above. I moved a few from a different planter to this one. This is the entire group. :blush:

I took a new pic, the red hue is due to the plant lights I use. The planter is white.

12 Likes

Cute! But can see why they are called that now

5 Likes