Checking in daily to maintain focus #79

Awesome round number. Congrats to you to keep it going!!!

4 Likes

Checking in day almost 49. Didn’t sleep well, weird dreams, very weird dreams. Body hurts, no idea why, maybe the rain? Idk. Need to get school supplies today for the kids. School starts next week. Super drained, been having headaches, off and on the past week, not a typical thing for me. Need to get up and moving. Feeling kinda lost. It will pass.

19 Likes

Checking in 500 days sober.

I found this app by accident around day 20 when I was looking for a counter. Making it to a month was unbearable. Making it to 100 days seemed impossible. But I took it one day at a time. “I won’t drink today, and probably not tomorrow either” has been my mantra.

Sometimes I look at alcohol and think why not, I could have one. I can take it or leave it. And I make sure to leave it.

I know that drinking switch is broken and that addict will roar her ugly head if I give in to ”just one.” It has to stay off.

27 Likes

331 days AF :blossom:

I’ve been feeling low past couple weeks, comfort eating and needing more rest. As long as I stay sober and keep going forward, no matter with how small steps, it’s okay.

19 Likes

Congrats on 500 days! :clap:

6 Likes

Checking in 30 days! Feeling very emotional but they’re tears of joy! I can’t believe I’ve made it this far! I know I have a long way to go and my quality of sleep is still crappy but I’m confident that it’s only going to get better from here! I’m taking myself out on a lunch date with the money that I would’ve spent at a dispensary! :heart: Have a great day everybody..

29 Likes

Congratulations Jette.
30 days is HUGE
image
Enjoy your lunch.
ODAAT
:folded_hands::heart:

6 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Day 50! (In 2 hours) Feels like the time has flown by. Finally finished university, and now completing a short coding course. Had an argument with my Dad, more due to my step mother who I do not get along with. I called her mum for a while, and she said that I am not to call her mum anymore, which is sad, but that’s the way it is. We often have disagreements and I know I am not perfect, but I know I do not deserve to be yelled at by my Dad and rejected by her. It really got me down, but my other family is super loving and supportive and I have a good network of friends to be thankful for! Wishing you all the best on your sober journeys thus far!

21 Likes

Day 1729. No Alcohol
Day 25. No lust
Day 1. No Nic

Thank you, God.

17 Likes

Checking in Day 47.
I Have a lot of things going through my head at the moment. I did make a decision to not physically go to the funeral of my step grandmother, i dont wanna take any chances being back home in that environment. I will attend the funeral via zoom. I hope thats the right decision and im not being so selfish with this decision.

22 Likes

Checking in! Today my day was fine at first, but somehow I was on a short fuse. On my way home my car was doing weird stuff (had been doing it for a few days), I couldn’t go faster than 90KM/H on the motorway, so I have left it at the mechanic… tomorrow it’s gonna be forced home office day, cause something’s not right with the car and it needs fixing! :woman_shrugging: More expenses to come… :unamused_face:

We have peacocks at my work, and I saw some kids teasing one of the peacocks. Fuck, I couldn’t keep my mouth shut. I told them to leave the animal alone and not scare it. One of the adults accompanying them said “oh, they’re just playing”… NO THEY ARE NOT if the animal is running from left to right and vice versa all stressed out! Fuck, humans are so egocentric and stupid!

But… I passed this day sober, that makes things easier. I will do a workout now to get rid of my bad humor. First workout in months, it’s become a huge hurdle to actual move my butt again. Day 3 :index_pointing_up:t2:

Update: I finally did my workout (first Tabata in 3,5 months). Only 20 minutes + 10 minutes warm-up, but it’s a start. I go for regular walks, but that’s basically it. Very proud I got off the couch! :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

@MTSober congrats on all of your sobriety achievements. I need to join in with you on no nicotine. :flexed_biceps::flexed_biceps:

@ShyBert congrats on 50 days, Joseph. Keep your head up and continue doing what is right. Im glad all your other family is very loving and supportive of you. I hope you have a blessed and peaceful day, Joseph. :flexed_biceps::flexed_biceps:

@Jette congratulations on 30 days!! Thats a big milestone. I hope your day is amazing! Keep on keepin on :clap::clap::flexed_biceps:

@Raspberry way to go on 331 days. Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling low lately. Better days are ahead. Stay sober. You got his :clap::clap::flexed_biceps::flexed_biceps:

@Vanessa8 congrats on 500 days!!! ODAAT :clap::clap::call_me_hand::flexed_biceps:

@StacyAnn congrats on 49 days. Better days are ahead. Keep on keepin on :flexed_biceps:

@Jesile congratulations ok kicking off day 3. Have a great day at work. :flexed_biceps::flexed_biceps:

@Tragicfarinelli thanks for checking in with us at 601 days!! :flexed_biceps::flexed_biceps::clap::call_me_hand:

@Jonachav123 ODAAT Jonathan, keep your head up and keep on keepin on!

@james83 3 weeks, way to go buddy!! :flexed_biceps::flexed_biceps::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

@tauani stay strong! Congratulations on day 3, better days are ahead. ODAAT

@BerlinGirl congratulations on 622 days! Wish you a good and sober day as well. :flexed_biceps::clap:

@Nordique i hope you have a good day also, congratulations on 1893 days.

@Twosox42 congratulations on 1 week sober!! Have a wonderful AF day :clap::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

@Amelie sober & fit day!! I love it! Congrats on 34 days sober :flexed_biceps::flexed_biceps::clap::call_me_hand:

@Butterflymoonwoman sounds like you have your day all planned out. Congrats on the credit card and 1284 days sober. Hope your day is productive and peaceful :clap::clap::call_me_hand:

@WCan have a wonderful day also, congrats on 1800 days. :flexed_biceps::flexed_biceps:

@Von100 ODAAT congrats on 40 days!!

8 Likes

I think u made the right decision. I think intuitively u knew that going back home could be a risky situation. Ur still attending her funeral via zoom and i actually really applaud u on making such a hard decision. I dont think ur being selfish at all. When it comes to being sober and protecting our recoveries, being “selfish” isnt a bad thing. In fact i think its almost necessary.

6 Likes

Hell yes! Way to go friend!!! 30 days is fabulous work! Hope u enjoy the lunch ur treating urself to :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Huge congratulations on 500 days!!! Its amazing how ODAAT adds up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Lets run it, today is my day 1.

Throw it, or them away.

& lets embrace the suck. :rofl:

7 Likes

Checking in on day 41

Everything is going well on my side. I wish you all the best for today!

14 Likes

Congratulations on the big 500.

image

4 Likes