Checking in for the holidays

I’m hopeful in my recovery as I’ve spent my first Christmas sober my first birthday sober in November my first thanksgiving I’m struggling as the new year rolls in at 27 I feel so lost any encouragement is needed :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I just made it through two holiday gatherings intact. I did attend a meeting in between which helped a lot. You can do it!

8 Likes

Maybe make some fun plans for New Year’s that don’t involve alcohol. You could order some yummy food from your favorite takeout place and watch your favorite movie or show. Whenever I’ve gone to a celebration where there’s alcohol, I always give myself permission to eat what I want and drink any non-alcoholic drinks I want. That reduces temptation and gives me something to look forward to. It also helps me to feel like I’m not missing out on anything. If you’re feeling tempted to drink, think about how miserable and guilty you’d probably feel after the fact. Don’t throw away the progress you’ve already made. Start the new year strong and clear-headed. You’ve got this!! :white_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for the great encouragement I’m doing my best to stay hopeful I’ve kicked myself so hard in the 4 months I’ve been in recovery about so many things having the realization of how present I wasn’t and knowing has just kept hitting me like a ton of bricks or I’m feeling grief it’s just all so much some day’s but I won’t give up on myself I know I can do it :pray:t6:

2 Likes

Thank you my fellow scorpio bud :scorpius: I know I can and read this daily when I really need the inspiration

3 Likes

This is my 18th sober Christmas thats 6827 days and I still have the little voice that sometimes says you can have 1 drink! I just kick him in the balls and get on with life, you would have thought he’d get pissed off with rolling around clutching his groin every time he speaks, but addictions not like that.
Merry Christmas and a Happy Sober 2023

5 Likes

Tonight Because I had a bad day I decided to treat myself to some yummy food taco bell and going to see a movie alone for the first time and I have say the funk I was in has completely did a 180 :yum:

3 Likes

I love this.

3 Likes

5 month’s today :smiling_face_with_tear::purple_heart: I’m not giving up on myself!!!:smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

We won’t give up on you!

2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Holidays can be tough. Many alcoholics make it through without taking a drink or drug. You can do it too. :muscle: You will grow from it. Stay for the miracle.

1 Like