Checking in from Cruise

Checking in from St Maarten

Still sober but a lot harder than I thought. Had quite a time finding Friends of Bill W but I did hit a meeting. Might go again but (shock) I’m the only female.

More details plus some photos will come when I get home.

30 Likes

Hang in there. I hope you’re enjoying yourself! I’ve gone to a meetings and been the only female. I actually felt quite comfortable with them considering. Good luck! Hang in there! Stay strong!

1 Like

Love st Maarten! Take in the beautiful views, deep breaths and enjoy yourself :slight_smile: have some fruity non alcoholic cocktails and do your best to relax! You’re doing great :heart:

2 Likes

Well done going to meeting , i went to a meeting on a ship once and i was the only guy ididnt mind i was sober . enjoy your trip wish you well

3 Likes

Never mind you are the only female! You rock, so you can be there!
If it’s to hard maybe a online meeting can do the trick?
Enjoy your holiday, you can do it! :facepunch:

St. Maarten is so pretty!! Glad you found a meeting, keep going to them. Sorry you are finding it challenging. Taking naps is my go to when I am not feeling solid. Hugs.

1 Like

Nice one Sue. Have fun.

1 Like

I’ve only been on one cruise, I think I remember it being fun but its unclear because I got my sea legs on while still on shore… Great job on sober sailing…Stay the course…:+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for checking in with us @VSue. It’s good to hear from you.

Thinking of you, @VSue.

Cruise is done…sad.

Overall it was great but the evening were hard. It didn’t help that my husband felt the need to make good use of his drink package. Plus there were a few other men in our group who drank a lot and he took that as an excuse to “bond” with them. I did get angry one night…especially since the more drunk he got the more “affectionate” he got too. And when I started to try and pull away he got all pouty and grumpy like it was me being a cold bitch. Not a good night.

But I NEVER woke up with a hangover (YAY!) and I have great memories and a great tan!

We’re trying to see if we can do a Mediteranian cruise next summer with the same group.

Oh, I didn’t go back to another meeting. I didn’t feel a huge need for one - except for the night after the big husband drink fest but we were on shore during the meeting time.

Overall GREAT trip but a lot harder than I thought it would be.

10 Likes

16 Likes

Oh, and if you’re into hockey we saw Jerome Iginla on board. We didn’t harass him for a photo but we did say “hey how’s it going”. I tried to sneak a photo but you REALLY have to look hard to tell that it’s him.

2 Likes

Oops…wrong photo. He is in the other one but really hard to find. LOL

2 Likes

A tan is always nice. I also don’t respond well to an amorous drunk husband, so I feel you there. Great job on staying sober!!

6 Likes

I love him. Which island was your fav?

Puerto Rico was much better that St Maarten…for the very short time we had. I’d love to explore both more, though. Labadee was just a fantastic beach day. You don’t get to see anything Haitian.

1 Like

Where did you go in Sxm?
I did a cruise with a stop in PR we got in late and it was dark so I didn’t see much but I’ve always wanted to go back. Maybe gift myself with a Southern cruise that starts and ends in Puerto Rico and stay a few days after🤔

1 Like

We didn’t do an excursion in SXM and just wanted to wander Philipsburg…mostly the boardwalk. But it was damn hot!! It kinda ruined the fun.

Puerto Rico stop was cut short due to an issue with the ship. So again we just wandered San Juan. That city just seemed more interesting.

1 Like

Oh ya, I went in June one year and basically stayed in the ocean😰 its a beach island but you have to stay put and wander around to appreciate it. I just wandered San Juan too and went to dinner, it was creepy at night with the empty cobblestone streets and wandering cats but I really liked it.

1 Like