Chicken Soup

If you don’t go to AA or you don’t go to any Groups! You sure don’t know what your missing! I belong to a Group that has our Alcoholics, Heroin Addicts, Opioid, Addicts, Marijuana, and whatever else there may be. I’m not feeling good today and one of the girls in group leaves chicken soup and a meatloaf dinner at my door! Another friend drops off Pop and Cigs! Point is… In these Meetings/ Groups. You meet People who Got Your Back! Who Care! Who are Physically There!! ( Jus Sayin’)! Maybe it won’t hurt to Try!!

6 Likes

Yep I love me a bit of fellowshipping I have made some great friends at my NA meetings!! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Isn’t it great! I worry about the Newbies that try on their own with Nothing!

I know that most people are reluctant to go to a meeting be or AA or NA but the majority eventually do get their bum on a seat when all else fails. It’s the ones who flat out won’t even consider them because they don’t believe in God or the other ridiculous reasons they come out with that I worry about. Oh I really really want and need to get clean and sober but I won’t go to a meeting-- hopefully they don’t die before they check their ego and pride!! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m already texting to 3 of my members as we speak. it’s good to stay in touch.

Well, I don’t do meetings, but I am glad you found community there and it is helping you, that is a very positive thing! It sounds like a very loving community and full of support.

Please know that there are other ways of gaining sobriety that do work for some of us
I found my community here and also on some other forums. Many roads, one journey. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Call oh I know there are many ways! I’m not saying my way is the only way I didn’t mean for it to sound that way! I just worry about people who are trying to do it all by themselves

3 Likes

Meetings are a lifesaver for me as I’ve lost all of my IRL friends throughout my addiction or to them getting married, having children and just generally moving on with their lives. If it wasn’t for that then I would probably have just don’t it with the support available here. You are absolutely right in saying there are many roads to the same destination and who cares which path we take as long as we do actually get there. Some people will struggle like mad but be unwilling to consider going to a meeting though I think that this is partly due to the stigma surrounding addiction and these groups. Too much fake news regarding them!! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Amen I worry about those people! They think they got the answers!
Ummmmm!!! No!!!

I hear you but it would be a bit wrong to say that we have the answers as that would be our ego talking. We have our answers would probably be a better statement. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am doing well without meetings and I do believe that is a good answer for me …and for the many other people who have gotten sober without meetings. I know my way isn’t for everyone, but it has worked for me, so no need to feel bad or worry for me. And I am happy you have found your path as well and are enjoying your meetings…community is so healing in whatever form it comes in. It sounds like your community is so strong and positive for you, a blessing!

There are many paths to sobriety …we are all unique individuals and we each have our own paths. No one path is better or worse than another, they are simply different. What works for one person, may not for another.

Keep doing what works for you!! I will keep doing what works for me! :purple_heart::heart::green_heart:

8 Likes

I think that’s great! I guess when I talked about it that way I have in my mind the young kids! I just see the 15 16 17 year olds trying to do it by themselves.I guess that’s what I picture in my mind! And I worry

1 Like

I think that someone is that age attempting sobriety regardless of any method they are or aren’t trying is at least in a better position than I found myself in. I wish that I had had the wherewithal to realise that I was an addict at that age, I mean the signs were there. Even when I was just smoking cannabis which I at the time saw as harmless looking back on it I was doing it in a manner that should have raised some major red flags. I do get where your coming from though m8! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

That’s a really good point. I never thought of that. if I would have seen the signs at that age I would have saved a hell of a lot of problems in my life!

1 Like

You do know that you can reply to someone’s comment on here like I’ve just done don’t you m8? That way it notifies you when someone replies to you. I’m only asking as it’s only by chance that I’ve noticed your replies.:+1::slightly_smiling_face:
Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing, we can’t live with shoulda,woulda,coulda,s though or we’ll never be able to move forward. Whereabouts in the works are you jeanine, oh sorry, I’ve just seen that your in Michigan. I want to visit the States one day, maybe take in a meeting or ten whilst I’m there!. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It puts your faith in people again after the madness kindness like that. Addicts by personality in my experience when well and sometimes when unwell are the kindest souls on the earth.

2 Likes

I have to agree, during active addiction I have done some horrible things as opposed to now when I would give someone the shirt off my back if they needed it. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It didn’t sound that way at all. In fact it sounded very encouraging. However, some people just don’t always accept that. Groups, no matter what kind, are awesome and this shows why.

5 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment void new

Just for cooling off and tidying up