Clashing on meetings

Good day everybody. I had this pretty awful experience. Some girl after a relapse tried to seduce me. I myself was in a wrong because I let her. For three days I kept on driving her home and buying things for her like sweets etc. On a third day she asked if she can sleep in my car her roommate asked her to leave or something I said ok, you can also stay at my place. On the day I drove her and her friend from na meeting to my place. She said she can not stay. I was fine with that but then she kept pressuring me to drive her home, I said no you can take metro or I can get you a cab. After I called her friend from NA and asked her to help her out because she kept saying I need a rehabilitation I was a little concerned so asked her friends to support her. After this she called and started screaming and swearing at me. So I blocked her. Nevertheless she is in a chat of that particular NA group. She keeps badgering and pissing me of in that chat. So I decided to leave. However I feel pretty bad about this. I really like those people, thankfully some of them came to me and asked about the situation I told them whole truth. Apparently she says that she rejected me and that is why I left. I know the truth don’t really know what and how to release my anger constructively. I really hate it when people call me names and try to piss me off with toxic comments.

3 Likes

In my early days in sobriety i got hit on quite alot was single then did alot of working out in the gym drove a big car ,like you "can you drop me after meeting i spoke to my sponsor told me to give it a body swerve stating the fact theres alot of sick people go to meetings and have attachment issues hopefully lesson learned and im sure your be ok wish you well

4 Likes

It’s probably safe to assume that people know she is sick and suffering. Continue to prove your merit and character and this will all pass quickly. If other in the chat see what she is doing, there is a chance she will be asked to leave in one way or another. All you can do is continue on your way and learn from it. You can also vent your frustration here. We are always open to listening, as long as you are learning from it.

1 Like

I don’t know how far along you are in your sobriety, but I know my brother just relapsed after 8 months bc of some girl from his groups. My friend who goes to meetings told me he started hanging out with the “slut” of aa/na. Then he quit showing up to meetings. Most everyone with an addiction has some underlying condition that caused it so it’s probably best to avoid any type of closer relationship with those of the opposite sex. Even if you’re trying to help. That’s just my opinion I guess. She obviously has issues if she reacted in that way and being around that negativity isnt good for your wellbeing. And that’s what this is all about. You staying on track.

4 Likes

Thank you guys this does help a lot. At least I know I’m not alone. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2: I also stopped killing her in my head ty guys once again.

3 Likes

Stay strong hold your ground .u know the truth and tbh that’s all that matters.go back to your group and if it continues ,talk it out in front of everyone you have nothing to hide explain why you haven’t been and that you don’t want it to be the elephant in the room explain your back and your hear to work on ysself for ysself .stay connected don’t let this one I’ll women put you off xx

2 Likes

Wow she sounds very poorly. I got told by my sponsor from day one woman stick to women… men stick to men . Not to give my number out to any man cos there’s alot of sickness in the rooms and as much as I chat and say hi to the guys I always stick to the advice given to me … good on u for reaching out. Please don’t let this keep you away from the fellowship x

4 Likes

:pray:t2: thank you very much.

1 Like

Yes. Women are crazy. Ok I’m kidding dont send me messages yelling lol.

I agree with you @Natnat about having a sponsor of the same sex. Also I was told when first starting out not to get into any new relationships the first year of sobriety. That was great advice because I was messed up mentally and needed time to get myself healthy again.

2 Likes

You said, “I myself was wrong”. A big part of recovery, for all of us, is being willing to see our part in situations. Awesome! :blush:

Having sex brings emotions to the surface. Casual sex is such a cute idea… I feel it’s very unfair for anyone to have that expectation. The energy, oxytocin, etc. exchanged during sex can help those emotions feel overwhelming at times.

Someone who is spiritually sick usually handles those intense and overwhelming emotions in an unhealthy way. Like this girl who is finding her way in life right now.

Sounds like she’s hurting. Hurt people hurt people. (Healed people heal people). I bet everyone in the chat can see she’s a hurt person trying to hurt you.

Creating space between the two of you with solid boundaries is good. I’m glad to see you’re setting them and guarding your own recovery.

We cannot change anyone. We can breathe and accept we can’t change them, then focus on something else to distract us, though. Maybe focus on something that will raise your vibration that will attract a better woman for you.

I suggest you pray for compassion, understanding, guidance, tolerance and her recovery… if you’re open to it. It helps, it really does!

Good luck. :yellow_heart::pray:

3 Likes

First of all thank you so much for a lengthy answer. It helped me realize one thing, recently I started to thank people that annoy me the most and sometimes I mention them in prayers. I do not remember when I ever tried to love or to pray for my “enemies”. I now realize those people are hurting like I was. So those people and these situations are a great indicator of how am I doing. If I hate and wish people dead I’m struggling and hurting if I wish them luck and pray for them I’m doing alright. With each sober day it gets a bit easier.
Once again thank you guys for the replies. @Frank68 @SoberGuyUSA @Ray_M_C_Laren @Natnat @Just_Laura @Lilemm @Meggers

5 Likes

“If you spot it, you got it.”
I learn the most from people that bother me because it shows me what shadows of my own I need to address.

2 Likes

She wanted to sleep in your car.

Don’t let her live rent free in your mind.

Drop her like you would drop any bad habit: Cold Turkey.

6 Likes