Closed - Checking in daily to help maintain focus #5

Starting day 3, thankful for a day off for my body to recover a little more. It’s been a difficult month with this last week abusing heroin uppping my intake smoking and finally crossing a line I promised I never would’ve putting a needle in my arm. It has scared me mentally with detoxing seeing as I’ve never done it. Wish me luck as I desperately never want that needle in arm again or to suck that poison into my lungs. Watching football and simply trying to relax before work tomorrow. One day at time :heart:

15 Likes

Hi all, new here. Coming up on one full day without alcohol. Finally got the wakeup call I needed today when my doctor called with my annual lab results and my liver function was extremely high. The 3 bottles of wine I’ve been drinking daily for the last few years are catching up. I’m only 36. Ready to do this!

23 Likes

3 Likes

Day 22 I got a hard day i cried again got a professional on my back because he say I’m not listening to people. Got back home and got a big pizza all dressed with bacon and spaghetti meat sauce. Im a bit more happy now with my belly full and I still have pizza for tomorrow. I start to make small project with knitting because I had to start from scratch at less 6 times. So BEHOLD the mighty cat berret. She’s purring I think she like it. :thinking::rofl:

20 Likes

What a happy little thread to wake up to! All these big numbers @Eke @ifs @SoberGuyUSA @anon30771928
And for seeing @crystalclear @Fireweed here cheering everyone
It’s a good morning. Even if I am freezing my butt off.

12 Likes

HA! Saw this at work today, thought of you guys first.

20 Likes
  1. Home sick. Have an appointment later but plan to cancel. Think I have been trying to do too much in early sobriety. I feel OK. Trying to deal with some emotional stuff with aging parents. Feeling guilt. And now how to handle that without drowning in alcohol. So I am home. Taking day off work. Sick, literally and trying to focus on my own healing. Which today is going to consist of tea, warm blankets, TS, youtube and netflix. :joy:
21 Likes

I’m finishing day 9 today. Can’t believe how good I’m feeling. I work Monday to Friday and my husband does shift work. He’s starting his days off today. He invited a couple of buddies over. They’re currently upstairs drinking and I’m downstairs working on a puzzle and watching Hallmark Christmas movies. I’m having a lovely “me” night. It’ll be even greater when my husband wakes up in the morning and says I’m never drinking again and I feel great!

13 Likes

Day 87.
Finally broke down at purchased a new phone. Have to get back into posting again!!

Heater broke, TV broke, new mattress, outdoor spigot froze and started dripping, and finally a new phone. It has been an expensive couple of weeks.

But I am back on TS again. Whooooohoooo!!!

Have a good night y’all!!!

22 Likes

Well done, Eke!!! 500 is a HUUUUUUGE number. Keep kicking ass ODAAT!

4 Likes

It’s been a week for me. It has been MONTHS since I made it through a weekend sober. Today was kinda weird. I’m not used to not being hungover on a Monday I guess. Lol I had energy and was taking care of things. I feel much different than last Monday. I totally prefer this! :hugs:

13 Likes

JAAAAAAAAAAMES!!! 400 Large!!! Way to go, my friend!!!

4 Likes

Wow James! 400 days is amazing. Thank you for all your love and support on this app. I’m proud to be a part of your journey. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Welcome! Yup, you sure can do this. It’s scary to get those results, but you can reverse some damage. I’m living proof :slightly_smiling_face:
So glad you’re here, this is a great place for support. Congrats on deciding to get sober.

1 Like

Welcome @Bananagram. There’s a lot of great people with a lot of great advice. Check in daily and take some time to read some threads. We’re all taking this journey together. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon!! Take care of yourself and don’t try to do too much. :heart:

1 Like

@Bananagram
You made the right decision. We’ve all been where you are. Do whatever your body asks for (except alcohol). Plan to crave sweets, feel very thirsty, sleep better but be tired, feel more motivated, and more. You are on a journey of rediscovering yourself. Take it one day at a time!!!
Good luck and post when you feel the pull.

4 Likes

@ifs
Great job on 400 days!!!

1 Like

Glad to have you back!! Sounds like you’ve had a challenging couple of weeks. Hang in there!

2 Likes

This really is freaking awesome!! :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes