Cnt sleep man

I cant sleep… been trying to for hours but i just cant sleeeep man.

9 Likes

Try and just relax instead. Watch something silly or listen to a podcast, something light to get you distracted if you’re feeling anxious. Hop out of bead, go for a walk if thats a possibility. Let yourself be insomaniac, its ok, you’ll sleep better in no time. Today it is ok to sleep less ideally. You’ll get there!

6 Likes

Thanks man! will do :relaxed:

I love watching/listening to ASMR videos on YouTube to relax and fall asleep. There’s tons to choose from. I’m not really into guided meditation or sleep hypnosis, but there’s plenty of those out there too. Or maybe listen to an audio book. ??

3 Likes

Welcome :wave:

For me I try to think of it like this when I can’t sleep: sleeping is like peeing. Eventually, everyone does it. You just can’t physically not do it. Eventually - it will happen. (Edit to add: you will have some days where you don’t get much sleep at night. Your alarm goes off after 3-4 hours and you have to go to school/work. But that’s good: it means the next night you’ll be more tired, and that will help.)

If you can’t sleep, get up and take a walk, or meditate (have a little candle maybe?), something calm to pass the time. The Insight Timer app is nice - lots to listen to there:

https://insighttimer.com/

It will take some getting used to, as you sober up. You’re changing your habits and that takes effort. But it is 100% worth it.

5 Likes

Thank you! i’ll put that on the list :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks for your support, Matt! i’ll also try the app. :relaxed: didn’t expect that i’ll receive some support hehe. i’m kinda used to keeping things to myself. it’s my first time to open up to strangers and it feels great.

3 Likes

Exercise will help long walks hot bath .listen to soft music , hot water bottle helped me way back before i got my wife lol , was going to suggest listen to a Russell Brand tape that would put you to sleep ,lol wish you well

4 Likes

Thanks Ray. will keep that i mind. hope your doing fine as well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Doing ok thanks for asking shaved my beard of today was going to visit my late identical twins wife but my wife and sons said i better not its been nearly 2 years since he died and im the spitting image without my beard . so ill leave it for today

3 Likes

I do a few rounds of the Wim Hof breathing technique when I’m struggling to sleep. Always works for me, maybe it would work for you too?

3 Likes

Suree amma take a look at it later. will def. try

2 Likes

I’m not sure if ur into essential oils… but lavender makes me sleep like a baby. I have a warm bath with 6 drops of lavender essential oil and bath salts. Soak for like 20 min and head to bed. I REALLY sleep when I do this. Some people aren’t into that kind of thing but thot I’d mention it. Also reducing screen time about 1 hour bed and having sleepy time tea helps too

2 Likes

I can’t read anywhere what your drug of choice is or are you just not sleeping? Be great to hear your story so the right people can guide you in the right direction.

1 Like

It’s marijuana - there’s a thread about it here :innocent:

@Noobmaster498 - how are you today?

2 Likes

Heyy Matt! thanks for that. doing good. tried melatonin :sweat_smile: still get irritated easily.

1 Like

Insight timer has been great for meditation, as well helping achieve calm before sleep. I love it! :heart:

2 Likes

My experience with Melatonin is that you need to take it regularly for a few days for it to build up the hormone level. Some folks can take it as needed but it never worked for me that way.

2 Likes