Realizations 1:1

Sup, i’m a 23 year old and decided to stop my addiction on weed. it started when i was in college i was a freshman and i got this friend of mine that told me, if i wanted to try out sumthing, i should tell him. So, i told him wanna try weed and the rest was history lol. so yeah, i got addicted to the feeling , that even tho i got no more money for myself, i still chose to buy and get some green. FF, Recently i realized that i was hurting myself, that weed wasn’t the problem, it was me. i became dependent on it, from the moment i wake up, till i go to bed. i was like an all day everyday type of person. like every move i make, i should smoke weed because i believed that “it’s better to do it while high”. but then i start to realize that it was slowly consuming me, like i thought it would make everything “better” but turned out to be worse than i thought. i was in pain during those days and i wasn’t aware. i was slowly ripping myself apart…
Now, i realized that my future was on the line. my future is bright, i got a lot of opportunties since my family has given me that. if continued my antics , i might end up being a junky or idk man. sometimes i can think straight or even notice if what i’m seeing infront of me is real. i also hid myself from my friends, now i feel that i don’t got any friends. can’t believe that i felt that since i was so friendly when i was in college.

I just wanna get on with my life and be who i want to be, a doctor. i know its a long shot but , we all gotta start from 0 :slight_smile:

PS. English is not my first Language :rofl: i’m still working on it.

8 Likes

Seems like you know exactly what you’re aiming at. You’re young, and have your entire life ahead! Go for your dreams and don’t f€&@ things up! Have you quit already, or are you still working on that? Do you have some kind of support? My DOC is alcohol, so I’m not really of any help when it comes to quitting weed. But you can check for more info by searching through the magnifying glass! :mag:

2 Likes

Actually, today is my second day of sobriety.I don’t have any support, but been reading relevant posts. Thank you Jesile! hope you’re doing good on your journey.

1 Like

Good for you! Congratulations on that day 2! I would check in every day, as a way of support. I’ve just started my 4th month of sobriety. In case you struggle, come here for help instead of relapsing. There are people from all over the world, there’s always someone here to talk!

2 Likes

Awwww. thank u! i will!! You know, i never thought of joining these kind of communites and all i can say is its so heart warming that people support each other here.

2 Likes

I had thirty years of cannabis use I now have 55 days clean and sober from all substances just keep pushing with weed its alot more mentally withdrawal more then physical jus keep ya eye on the prize

2 Likes

Keep going man. yeaaa, it really afffects you mentally. i get easily irritated plus its hard to sleep lol. though amma get that MD soon :facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

Congratulations on day 2 :slightly_smiling_face: