Codependency in recovery

Hey guys! Almost 10 months sober praise the Lord!!
You know the longer you’re left alone with your unmasked thoughts and life experiences that you uncover things about yourself you never new existed?
What do you know about codependentcy? I recently read an article by an ex alcoholic that refered how she was codependent long before an alcoholic. Thinking of myself, that is probably something that fueld my usage. I see it coming up in my relationship I am in now, the only issue is I am not sure how to escape it without alcohol. If I don’t have his approval almost every second, I’m a reck. If he is upset or in a “mood” I am certain it’s because of m and push him and push him to talk which is 100% of the time unporductive. I remember in my marriage I would just drink with my emotions were “too much”. Anyway what do you guys know about the codependency and alcoholism? Any info would be great!

4 Likes

Do a search on codependency and you will find a LOT of threads about it to read and enjoy!! :heart:

2 Likes

Book discussion: “Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself”

3 Likes