Comfort Movies

I have a few movies I like to watch as “comfort movies.” Pride and Prejudice is my partner and my top comfort movie, but others include Coraline, Cars, The Dark Knight Rises, Gone Girl (wild choice I know lol), and The Emperor’s New Groove.

Anyone have some good movies they watch to help distract them from cravings? Or just to enjoy and be in the moment.

4 Likes

Fargo. But mostly Gods Pocket.

4 Likes

Lars and the real girl, funny girl, I’m thinking of ending things, joker and the Truman show. :black_heart:

1 Like

My comfort movies were the ones I used to get drunk and watch on repeat. Reminiscing about ThE oLD dAys or crying about it with a bottle of whiskey lol :drooling_face:

So now if I get cravings I search for a movie I’ve never seen before and really look forward to watching. Because then I have to concentrate so drinking would spoil that. It’s worked for me so far.

2 Likes

Death becomes her and Apocalypto. Not sure why :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I understand that! Sometimes nostalgia can bring about old habits and cravings.

What types of movies do you like? Maybe I can help you find a new favorite :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I sometimes watch darker movies too for comfort! If it works, it works :purple_heart:

1 Like

I have a list of foreign movies that I’ve got stored for if I get a craving. Can’t read subtitles if I’m wasted!

Tonight though I’ve no cravings, going to give the new Invisible Man movie a go.
I like most genres of movie except romance :+1:t2:

1 Like

My comfort movies/ will always put on if I see they’re on TV

• Rush Hour 2
  • Austin Powers: Goldmember
  • Jaws
  • The Devil Wears Prada
3 Likes

I like this topic! I’ve got some weird choices:

• Steel Magnolias
  • The Stand 1994 series
  • Lonesome Dove
  • anything with Tom Hanks
1 Like

Sleepless in Seattle
Pretty Woman
When Harry Met Sally
Sideways
Schitts Creek (ok a tv show binge watch)
Heartstopper

4 Likes