Coming down day 1

Relapsed after 7 yrs of no drug use to something stronger in August 15, 2019.
First day coming down. Im cold, my body aches so bad, im in so much pain, and im naseous. But im done with that! Enoug is enough, im better and stronger than it. Staying strong to recover my life back for my family. Im ashamed but im praying and accept that im a addict.

13 Likes

Congratulations !!
Keep moving forward :blush:
Were here for ya !

1 Like

Thankyou, although my body is hurting so much rn. My head is so lightheade any tips on what i could take or drink?

Gabriela, welcome to the forum. After a 7 year run if sobriety, this must have you feeling pretty low. Most of us have been where you are right now. Yesterday is gone and we can’t control tomorrow. Today’s another day. Getting through today sober is the next step.

1 Like

Are you able to take a bath in a tub?

Yes i can take a bath.

1 Like

Are you coming off of opiates?

Gatorade is important and a one a day multivitamin will help for starters

Give me more detail of what substances you were using were you drinking alcohol also ?

Thx

No im coming off of meth

I’m 8 days clean from meth. Always surprised me how I seemed to forget how awful coming down was and then do it all over again. All you can do is wait it out and stay hydrated. How did you stay clean all these years? What was your support system? Rely on that again to get through this and stay that way. Sending good vibes your way!

1 Like

Its a terrible feeling! I stayed clean by family support and the love for my daughter. Ive been emberrased and ashamed to tell them.
Im really dissapointed that once i hit it that was all i wanted.

From personal experience talking to someone that you slipped is always the hardest. Lying and hiding comes so easy. Who can you talk to that will be supportive and help you?

1 Like

So ive let my sister and brothers know, my boyfriend but hes in jail and couldnt really stop me. But i feel like there clueless on how this is really affecting my body and how addicted i became so quickly. But im terrified to let my parents find out. Im a single mom so this relapse was and is super shameful. I know i need a stronger person i can go to for support. But im scared that ill lose my daughter if someone more helpful would know.

Where was your daughter when this was going on?

I was working graveyard shift for a while so when i would leave to work i would have already put her in bed. And my mom lives with me so she would baby sit. And i would be back home by the morning and get her up and ready for school. Then pick her her up spend the day with her and do it all over again.

1 Like

there are really good advice here
the only other thing id add is get some rest.
you work very hard. dont ever need to feel this way again

rest :slight_smile:

I made it to 1 day of sobriety today!

3 Likes

That’s one day of getting better at getting better! Better today than you were yesterday and tomorrow better still!

2 Likes