Coming up on 5 days sober

I know 5 days is not much but it is a start for me.

21 Likes

5 days is HUGE be proud and congratulations :fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler: for your 5 days and breaking the cycle.

Welcome to the family :raising_hand_woman:
This is a really supportive community, thereโ€™s so much to read and also alot of us check in here on the checking in daily thread, maybe pop over and say hi when you feel comfortable :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Congrats!!! 5 days is HUGE :smiley: Those first few days are by far the most fucked days I find. Be proud :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have been drinking a lot of ice cold water and hot tea as replacements. I know my journey is just beginning but it feels good to wake up in the morning and not feel like shit.

3 Likes

Yes that is the best feeling. Waking up sober.
And life falls into place and things become easier and each day is another day our brains and body heal.
Glad you found us here :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great job! What a great accomplishment. :+1: :muscle:

3 Likes

Way to go on 5 days. Keep on keepinโ€™ on! :muscle:t4:

2 Likes

Every 24 hours you achieve sober is an accomplishment man! Be proud of yourself! Weโ€™re all proud of you and here cheering you on as you fight the good fight! Youโ€™ve got this man!

2 Likes

Hi William, welcome here!
Take your time to chime in here. There are many threads worth reading here. I will share two to start with :wink:
This one gives a lot of information about making a plan and the stages of recovery:What's YOUR plan? and in this one you find recovery books, podcasts, AA and other recovery organisations, etc Resources for our recovery If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Congratulations for the 5 days!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:
LSKVlAGSnuXxVdp5wN

2 Likes

Awesome work mate! Start posting on the daily check in thread ,itโ€™ll be good to see you there!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Frank and a great job on 5 days. The starting is the hardest and you are doing it. This is a wonderful community to be a part of โ€“ a lot of support and great advice here. I do hope to see you around :pray: