Community perks icon

I noticed this icon on my iPhone app this morning. It’s this new or have I just missed seeing it?

4 Likes

Interesting! I don’t have that icon and I’m on an Android. I closed my app and reopened to see if it would appear but nothing.
Do you have an iPhone? I wonder what happens when you click on it. Hopefully, @Robin can provide some info.

1 Like

It has something to do with being a patron. Maybe my patron status has expired or something. I’m on iPhone.

4 Likes

Oh that makes sense. I don’t see your name on the Patreon badge list anymore. I ran into issues when I had to get a new bank card and forgot to link it but I did get an email to update my mode of payment. Not sure this will help but here’s a link to the website. Talking Sober is creating an online sober community | Patreon

1 Like

Oh yeah, that must be in the updated version. Neat! I also don’t see it on Android but maybe not updated yet.

1 Like

It’s a new feature that I’ve added to the app. It’s already added to iPhone and I’m waiting on the Android version. I’ll announce it when both are available, but essentially you can now subscribe as a Patron inside of the app instead of through Patreon. You can then also choose your title and icon combination.

10 Likes

I see it on my iPad but not on my iPhone FWIW

1 Like

Thanks for the update, Robin. I highly value my TS membership and I want to be sure I’ve retained my patron status.

4 Likes

This community perks feature does not affect the Patreon subscription, it’s a separate system.

3 Likes

Hi @Robin when opening it it doesn’t seem to work properly:

That’s the dialog to change plans, and it looks like it’s white on white for some reason. Is your iPhone perhaps set to dark mode? I’ll check it out.

1 Like

I found the issue with this. It’s a setting on Apple’s side that I resubmitted. Waiting for them to “enable” the subscription and then it will start showing again.

1 Like