Considering a mental health facility

Im almost seven months sober. With all of the the physical problems, emotional, psychological, and verbal abuse, losing everything, and depression. Im currently thinking about checking myself in. Im already seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist, but i dont seem to be able to compartmentalize the things that i used to. I dont want to fall off the wagon, i dont want to have a psychotic break, and i dont want to be a burden on my family any more. Has anyone done a self admittance? If so, did it have any long term impact on life? I.e. travel, jobs, things like that.

5 Likes

I don’t have experience with any of that. I can say that I’m glad that you’re able to see that you want help for yourself, for all the reasons you stated, and that you think that that might be a place to get it.
I don’t know where you are and what the criteria may be for admittance.

If you are in the United States, you can always go to an emergency room.

I can say that I’m glad that you’re able to see that you want help for yourself, and that you think that that might be a good place to get it.

Best wishes to you on your journey.

I hope that you will keep us informed on how you’re doing and that you will start feeling better. I hope you will get the help that you want and need.

1 Like

Firstly, it’s really brave of you to consider stepping out of your comfort zone to get help.
As someone who has struggled deeply with my mental health, there are times when I wish I would’ve sought more serious help when I had the idea to do something like that.
There is no harm whatsoever in doing it, but there may be if you don’t. If you feel unsafe or unstable, please do. :black_heart:

4 Likes