Controlled drinking

This is exactly how I feel I have to either completly stop drinking or keep drinking I can’t find and believe there is an between in it. Maybe some people can find the middle but I certainly can’t.! Don’t know what to do with this situation I am in but certainly want to end my booze addiction somehow!

Any tips, advice what to do about the craving. I tend to need it otherwise I go more stressed and aggressive and think I am in trouble in sobering up. If there was anything else alternative you had to drink or eat in sobering or was it just cold turkey. Thank you and happy for your case in having the will power to do so giving up.
Cheers

Well, for me the rattled brain and aggression? Those happened every time I withdrew. I’d just hole up for a couple days until the worst of it passed.

That’s a thing to hold on to. So long as I was drinking, this was going to happen again.

So long as I am sober, it will pass. And it doesn’t have to happen again. Once I was cleared up I already felt better, and working a program taught me more.

Otherwise I exercised. Stayed hydrated (sparkling water is great). Tried to sleep. Hung out reading on here and eventually found other support groups as well that had lots of great tips.

All of it does pass though.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: controlled what!!! from I child I haven’t been able to sustain any kind of control when it comes down to wanting more be it a sticker collection or sweets then I get abit older and it’s drugs and booze chuck in abit of GAMBALING I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER MY ADDICTIONS.But I do over my soberity bc i choose not to pick up that first one.this is a personal view all the best

4 Likes

Seek outside supppport Drugs and alcohol services,Dr,121 councelling,or AA :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Yes thank you appreciate you getting back so quickly. I am also looking for an substitute like some type of soda or ginger ale or alike. It is so difficult though for me when I can not have the same feeling from an alcohol I tend to have agression. Anyhow thank you for the motivation tips and am happy for your case being sober which I find very difficult to do so, well for me anyhow.!
Cheers and take care :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I really like flavored seltzers like La Croix now. I go through probably a few cases a week.

Something about the bubbles, bit of flavor, and zero guilt is awesome!

3 Likes

Yes I think the soda beverages need to be bubbly to be a sort of an alternative to alcohol…
Thanks again :+1::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nope, I was always go hard or go home, let’s just say I very rarely ended up at home :house:

4 Likes

If you have to ask the question, what do you think the answer is?
People who can drink normally without having to concentrate on keeping consumption down, don’t have a problem.

4 Likes

I would recommend speaking to a medical professional or seeking treatment if you feel like you cannot safely quit on your own. This even includes tapering off.

I felt this way as well. It got to a point where that was the thing I’d look forward to the most everyday. I spent more days using than I did sober. Eventually I feared for my health so much that I had to make an active effort to stop. Not a half assed one. You have to want to be sober. No one can make you.

1 Like

Well said! I know the fact that is up to you, yes. Thank you and glad for your case being sober well done.! I fear for my health also I can feel the damages it is causing and in long term you can’t win full stop.
Thanks
:+1::+1::smiley:

Only ones i know are in the grave yard

3 Likes

Oh yes may be you misunderstood I meant wanting to quit be sober last fewontns but can’t.

That’s okey have you been sober long while know?

1 Like

Not this guy :no_mouth: It’s fine for non-alcoholics. Are you an alcoholic?

I am glad to hear that for your case. Well done it is not an easy thing quiting completely and be sober. :+1::smiley:

1 Like

Control is easy. I just stop once I’m out of money, or passed out.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Seriously, though. If I could stop after one or two, I wouldn’t be a very good alcoholic, would I? :smirk:

3 Likes

Never worked for me - ever. After the first drink I couldn’t stop. Far easier to just stop and accept I’m powerless around alcohol. There are a few great YouTube videos about this topic by Craig Beck, Stop Drinking Expert. I’m 1158 days sober. Good luck :grin:

I’m sure I still lose lots of mental calories to lots of inane stuff :crazy_face:

But totally - sobriety isn’t always easy but it is straightforward.

2 Likes

Yeah and I have bucket loads of 24hour coins to prove it.

3 Likes