Corona virus

Are you afraid? Should we be? What are you doing?

5 Likes

Social distancing is a very important factor. Being in a panic state doesnā€™t do anything. Limit contact, avoid crowded areas, stay home regardless. I have chronic diseases and disabilities so I am already always at home. Be intuitive but donā€™t be rash. :wink:

11 Likes

I went out to my local town centre earlier today and it was just as busy as usual, of course we need to take extra precautions but some people seem to be taking it to the extreme. My NA meetings havnā€™t been cancelled which is a good thing! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Iā€™m honestly not afraid, or worried. Iā€™m staying calm. I know my immune system is stronger now from not slugging everyday so thatā€™s a advantage already, Iā€™m drinking juice cleansers, and just keeping my exercises steady. The more active you are and healthy you stay I think you will be ok. Just wash youā€™re hands frequently and disinfect youā€™re house. I work for the state as a house keeper, we house mentally challenged, and pedos. And everything is quaratined right now and many ppl are sick from the flu now. And Iā€™m still not worried. Iā€™m not sick and Iā€™m being smart, to each their own.

14 Likes

Iā€™m not worried.

Please read for tips on prevention. From the CDC websiteā€¦

9 Likes

Right now Iā€™m out getting my internet hooked up at my new house. I ainā€™t being quarantined without Netflix and Hulu

20 Likes

Iā€™m not worried about the virus at all. But I am worried about the economy. People are losing thousands in stocks, we are months behind on production of essentials. People have bought out all the toilet paper and moved onto baby wipes. I actually have a baby so if I canā€™t get wipes for him thatā€™s bullshit. And two other kids that need to eat and everything else. My sons baseball season has been postponed a month and he was so excited to start this Saturday. Itā€™s just stupid. Freaking Ebola kills almost every person who gets it and nobody freaked out when we had that going around a couple years ago. Iā€™d rather get coronavirus than Ebola ten times over yo

16 Likes

I also found this message from Jack Kornfeld helpfulā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m worried about my mum & mother in law. Both are 75(ish) Also my mums bond (where she gets income from) lost Ā£38000 yesterday alone.
Uncertaintyā€™s the worst thing.

8 Likes

I believe itā€™s a good time to gauge things by the Serenity Prayer. The wisdom Iā€™ve foundā€¦

There are things I can control. Like washing my hands, respecting personal space, and keeping my distance from others so long as itā€™s advised. Even though Iā€™m healthy, itā€™s my part in respecting not everyone is, and this too shall pass eventually. If a recovery meeting is canceled (not mine yet), I am grateful to have here to turn to.

Anything I might fear about this I canā€™t control. How it spreads, disruptions to plans, what have you. So all I can do is trust in the advice of those smarter than me and do my part with acceptance that itā€™s the best I can do for now.

Meanwhile taking it one day at a time.

21 Likes

7 Likes

No. I am not scared. I refuse to participate in TEOTWAWKI

6 Likes

Iā€™m not worried about myself. My best friend has an autoimmune disease, I do worry about her. I work in assisted living for old folks with mental health problems. I worry about them. Iā€™m with Eke in saying Iā€™ll do what I can and what Iā€™m advised. And see what happens.
Iā€™m also worried about how our governments are (not) handling this, and how the public at large reacts. Some new measures were taken here yesterday, not even that far going, not going far enough many say. Panic buying and hoarding started almost immediately. We produce our own toilet paper here and thereā€™s plenty, but people saw it happen in Asia and Australia and copy it. Thatā€™s kind of scary.
All I can do is stay informed as well as I can. Meaning reading and looking at different news outlets and forming my own opinion and act accordingly. And stay sober and clean. That actually helps. Panicking never helped anybody.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been hearing about this freaking disease for a month before anyone else said anything about it bc of my bf and his dark web news. Showing me videos of Chinese people keeling over on the spot or being taken to quarantine in cages. I thought it was over the top exaggeration. I understand itā€™s in my state now but nothing near me has changed yet. Iā€™m not trying to worry myself about what ā€˜couldā€™ happen. Just trying to stay healthy so if it does reach us I can handle it. Hopefully. I remember the SARS epidemic years ago and no one here freaked out about it. Warmer months are coming and disease is usually less frequent that time of year so I feel this will run its course and be forgotten just as every other epidemic has in the past.

5 Likes

Yesā€¦and I feel fine.

11 Likes

Yoda-Stevie COVID-19 Tip: if you are fortunate enough to have hand sanitizer in your car, and the car gets hot inside, be careful when you flip the lid on the bottle. You might get a small eruption.

4 Likes

For anyone who is interested, tags can be used to help with this. I just posted about it here. COVID-19 is going to be a relevant part of many peopleā€™s current day to day recovery experience and we cannot reasonably expect to avoid seeing it in many places. However, Iā€™ve been adding the ā€œcoronavirusā€ tag to topics that primarily seem to be about this topic and not much else. You can feel free to add that tag to your ā€œMutedā€ list if it appeals to you. Whoever wants to keep up with every word can add it to their ā€œWatchedā€ list instead.

11 Likes

Weā€™re on the same page bro. I feel so healthy being sober and just taking care of myself. Itā€™s no problem with me.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like