Corona virus

No. I am not scared. I refuse to participate in TEOTWAWKI

6 Likes

I’m not worried about myself. My best friend has an autoimmune disease, I do worry about her. I work in assisted living for old folks with mental health problems. I worry about them. I’m with Eke in saying I’ll do what I can and what I’m advised. And see what happens.
I’m also worried about how our governments are (not) handling this, and how the public at large reacts. Some new measures were taken here yesterday, not even that far going, not going far enough many say. Panic buying and hoarding started almost immediately. We produce our own toilet paper here and there’s plenty, but people saw it happen in Asia and Australia and copy it. That’s kind of scary.
All I can do is stay informed as well as I can. Meaning reading and looking at different news outlets and forming my own opinion and act accordingly. And stay sober and clean. That actually helps. Panicking never helped anybody.

8 Likes

I’ve been hearing about this freaking disease for a month before anyone else said anything about it bc of my bf and his dark web news. Showing me videos of Chinese people keeling over on the spot or being taken to quarantine in cages. I thought it was over the top exaggeration. I understand it’s in my state now but nothing near me has changed yet. I’m not trying to worry myself about what ‘could’ happen. Just trying to stay healthy so if it does reach us I can handle it. Hopefully. I remember the SARS epidemic years ago and no one here freaked out about it. Warmer months are coming and disease is usually less frequent that time of year so I feel this will run its course and be forgotten just as every other epidemic has in the past.

5 Likes

Yes…and I feel fine.

11 Likes

Yoda-Stevie COVID-19 Tip: if you are fortunate enough to have hand sanitizer in your car, and the car gets hot inside, be careful when you flip the lid on the bottle. You might get a small eruption.

4 Likes

For anyone who is interested, tags can be used to help with this. I just posted about it here. COVID-19 is going to be a relevant part of many people’s current day to day recovery experience and we cannot reasonably expect to avoid seeing it in many places. However, I’ve been adding the “coronavirus” tag to topics that primarily seem to be about this topic and not much else. You can feel free to add that tag to your “Muted” list if it appeals to you. Whoever wants to keep up with every word can add it to their “Watched” list instead.

11 Likes

We’re on the same page bro. I feel so healthy being sober and just taking care of myself. It’s no problem with me.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

:joy: you got that right lol

Healthwise, I’m not afraid, my family and I are in good health. My folks, who are at risk, live on a farm away from the mass population, they are fine to survive on their own for months.

What I’m worried about is our way of life. This is a big disruption in our lives, work, business, school etc.

I work at a resort oriented company and rely on customers to visit every day. Given our proximity to the Canadian border, half of our business is Canadian. Yesterday the Canadian government urged their citizens to not cross the border, so as a result our business is taking a hit.

It’s not just myself that I worry about. Many small businesses already struggle and this event will undoubtedly put many of them out of business.

Then there’s food supplies. Our grocery stores are picked clean and I can’t imagine that there is a strong supply chain, so we may not get to eat the way we would like. We didn’t want to panic and stock up unnecessarily, but now, even if we wanted to, we couldn’t. We may have missed the boat.

We have 36 rolls of toilet paper for a family of 5. Everyone, except myself is at home. It’s just a matter of time… :rofl:

9 Likes

I actually decided to make a profile today to avoid any chance of a relapse and getting a drink because of this situation. Having to be isolated while sober is stressful and I want to keep myself accountable. Health wise I’m not worried about getting sick, I am worried about the risk it poses to others and the fragile healthcare system and the ability to provide care for those who become seriously ill in the event of a huge surge in numbers of those needing to be hospitalized. Thankfully bought a regular amount of toilet paper so shouldn’t have too much trouble getting through this lol.

17 Likes

Welcome to the community! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

We were supposed to go on a cruise today which we changed earlier in the week to just a trip to Florida. Today we cancelled everything so we’re gonna spend our week at home…bring antisocial introverts. Woo hoo!! My dream come true.

After March Break all schools will stay closed another 2 weeks so they’re home for 3 weeks total. I’m not yet sure what my work will have us do.

I did go to the grocery store today to restock our kitchen (we had been trying to clean things out before our trip). Ack. Crowds!!! Pasta, sauce, rice, beans, and toilet paper were all scarce!! Fortunately we did buy a lot of that weeks ago to prepare for quarantine when we got home.

4 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

That’s a fun acronym to pronounce.

Likewise, no what-if rabbit holes for me.

2 Likes

In all seriousness, I’m not scared for myself, my girlfriend, or the kiddo. However, our largest school system is closing down for a while, in addition to others outside of Indianapolis-proper. My job has people that travel the states, and out of country, for conferences, as well as within the state itself, and that’s all been brought to a screehing halt. A lot of the small businesses here are hurting as well. Lots of concerts here are postponed/cancelled too. Curious what this is going to hold for any shows I have coming up. We don’t “pack 'em in” or anything, but all the same…

It’s wild, but I’m not letting the hysteria draw me in. Can’t wait to go to the store this weekend and see a Battle Royale in the toilet paper aisle.

3 Likes

I’m in Southwest Florida, I work for a huge global research corporation, they have offices in Australia, India, Japan, Russia, you name it and they said all of Australia is on lockdown, the Virginia office had one person test positive so they just put all of the people that work in that in that office are now quarantined for 14 days in the hospital, they closed our two huge offices in FL today and we are working from home until further notice. Toilet paper is gone all over the place, people are getting into fights at Costco over it, food is disappearing, it’s insane! People are literally going insane.

What I’m doing. I got the last of Lysol all purpose cleaner, and since I think I had a mini cold a month ago, I’m going to disinfect and clean my apartment to be safe and I’m not going anywhere. Also gassed up my car just in case.

The media is scaring everyone and cancelling all the sports events is going to hit state’s economy, but I’m really hoping that some change will happen in the health insurance area.

5 Likes

All weddings are being cancelled too and some people are having a hard time getting a refund!!! My co workers cousin had to cancel their wedding and the place is refusing to give them a refund!

1 Like

Yep. I was sick in February, and my girlfriend just got over something two weeks ago. I’m cleaning top to bottom, wall to wall this weekend.

4 Likes

I have 20 days today and you’re right it’s a little bit tempting but thank god I got WiFi for my new apartment and have video games as silly as that sounds, so I think as long as I have enough entertainment for myself and caffeine(lol) I’ll be okay, I’m not turning back, I cant, these 20 days have been an emotional HELL and I can’t do that to myself again. WE GOT THIS!!!

7 Likes