Could do with some advice

We really are, 9 months of hard work obviously still ongoing but to the point that im almost grateful for being an alcohoic because its pushed me to look very deep into my issues which probably wouldnt have happened otherwise.

@JazzyS thank you Jasmine, it also turns out that the hug the other day was for my mothers benefit as we suspected, my mum admitted he said it…i said mum i kinda already knew that but its ok, i still got what i wanted from the situation, i dont want him in my life Jaz

2 Likes

damn – i know we knew this but still damn!!! what a flipping ass! YES indeed - your life is fuller and richer without him in it — so glad that you are in a place mentally and emotionally to accept this - so very proud of you!!! Here’s a hug from me and its only for you!!! :people_hugging:

1 Like

Yeah its ok Jaz thanks for the hug, im truly surprised by my own resilience here im really not phased i only feel bad for my mum…its only now i can see how hard it must have been for her when i was drinking…for her to go through all of that and now he starts like this she must be absolutely fed up…my daughter made her a thank you card and we got her some flowers to say thank you for the swimming lessons to cheers her up as i can see how hurt she is

1 Like

Thats so sweet and thoughtful!!! :heart:

1 Like

I try to teach her to be kind and thoughtful as much as i can xx

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a bad idea. You’re not calling at his home and you aren’t phoning him. Leaving it at your mum’s works and you can tell her that you’d like him to know how sorry you are. It’ll sound ok coming from your mum. Also, does he know that you’ve been sober since? Maybe he should know that too. But, yes, I agree with you. Shows you still care.

1 Like