Couldn’t even make it three days

I’m pathetic. Couldn’t even make it passed three days. It hurt my heart to reset the clock. Why can’t I do this?

1 Like

Because you need to learn things still. You need to take each reset and learn from them.
What can you do to up your game?

4 Likes

It takes time. Like @anon12657779 said. You’re learning. Give yourself grace and don’t give up. Just concentrate on staying sober one day at a time.

6 Likes

Thank you. I just don’t understand how I’ll make it passed that. Or how I even waivered in the first place. It’s disappointing. And enlightening.

When I started, I spent A LOT of time reading here. Here is a good compilation of resources:

New for 2020? Start here!

3 Likes

In those first weeks I would guess that I averaged a couple hours here every day. I opened the app every single time I felt an urge. This forum helped me learn to live without my DOC.

4 Likes

It was the same story for me, day 3 and I’d give in. When I started going to AA it seemed to inspire me to push a little further. Now 10 days sober and loving it. Between meetings and this forum I’ve been able to push past the day 3 hurdle. Everyone is different but give it a try. 1 day at a time. You CAN do it!

4 Likes

Joining us is a great step to learn more about yourself. I too, would sometimes spend ALL day reading others stories and struggles and it helped me understand so much of my own issues and what I needed to do to keep on track. Before this app I had many 2-3 day stints that only ended in relapse. Since joining I’ve now got 72 days. It can be done. You just have to learn what works for you. Keep trying. Once you get past that hump, it does get easier to say no. All the best :pray:

3 Likes

Man I hear you. It took me forever to string some days together, but the beauty is…you keep trying each and every time. Do not give up. Start over and learn from each set back. You can do hard things!!

Keep getting up and dusting yourself off. I have had so many starts and stops and I finally made a first week sober. My alcohol voice inside of me that used to scream and always win still talks to me but I’m able to take a little power back and tell it no. It helps that I’ve joined the gym and actually go to classes almost every night and I went to a celebrate recovery but keep getting up and starting over. It won’t win it you keep fighting. I’ll pray for you too. I know my batttle is far from over but I won yesterday and I want more than anything to win today too so hang in there

2 Likes

Here’s a quick read. Might answer your questions

1 Like