COVID-19 clarity and enlightenment

Tonight a musician I respect and greatly identify with presented the idea that this whole terrible COVID-19 ordeal, is turning out to be a giant reset of mankind. I am deeply saddened that so many good people have died. That’s definitely too high of a price to pay for a reset. I can see where he is coming from in a way.

This has reset me for sure. After all the shock and fear that marked the early days of life with the virus had settled down, I had one very fleeting moment of clarity and enlightenment. As soon as I knew it was happening, it was gone. This has reset me enough to know I want more of those moments of clarity where you have jumped off the hamster wheel of life and just stood there and said “yes, pay attention to this.” I was well, had everything I needed and was still enough to tap in to that beautiful place of gratitude and contentment. As I said fleeting…but good enough that I crave more moments like that.

I suspect that lightning bolt of a moment was fed from step work and lessons learned in the rooms, on the phone and in the books. This soul work is paying off.

If you have one of reset, clear gratitude moments, hold on to it and maybe it will stay. We’ve done real good so far. Keep it up.

NY Tough!

10 Likes