Crocheters, Knitters, Crafters, and the like 2020 to present

Thanks! And check this out.

4 Likes

I’m crochetting a scarf right now, halfway there. I like the fact that I can do it and watch tv at the same time.

I do not like knitting, always been more into crochet. But I can both.

6 Likes

Tell us about that yarn and hook. :orange_heart:

The hook is size 5, nothing special. I have them in all sizes. I have them more than 30 years I guess (I’m 52). Because they are more thick it’s easier to hold them. The yarn is a leftover. It’s better for knitting but it works this way too :hugs:

5 Likes

It looks like you’re doing single crochet? My hooks have rubber handle too. Viscose is a word I have never seen before. Looking that up

I had to Google on your term “single crochet”. I’m Dutch and it’s called “vasten” in my language.

3 Likes

Maybe you know viscose as rayon? It’s the same.
Update: rayon is a Dutch word I guess. Googled and found synthetic silk for it.

1 Like

That’s beautiful!

2 Likes

@SassyRocks - Knitting over the holidays was really good for my anxiety. It was something I looked forward to doing every day as it calmed my mind. (Even though about every five minutes I was like WHAT DID I JUST DO???) And it was just fun making something for someone I love.

4 Likes

Learning to read patterns is on my to-do list. Do you use different stitches? I’m learning different ones to see which I like. So far my favorite is the seed stitch. Or maybe slip stitches. I’m trying to master that one but it’s so hard to keep it loose.

1 Like

Not this time, just easy going :grin:
I like to do different stiches too, but not when I watch tv :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Are you just trying the stitches or also making something to stay?

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

Crochet is with like one hook while knitting uses two large needlish things right?

3 Likes

Trying them, practicing. I think I’ll make a blanket this weekend like the one in the video above. I’ll show you. I’m ready for a real project

That’s right

I started knitting again when I quit smoking. Couple of years ago I stsrted crochet and i love it. I learned a lot by Youtube etc. And a cal (crochet along) :+1:

3 Likes

It is easy in englsh terms.

I have a playlist of stitches I’m going to try later today

1 Like

You can try ‘granny squares’ fun to do in different colors and make a blanket with the squares

2 Likes

I need to start again (I learned both in school, besides sewing and even how to work with wood), it’s the best way to relax! I always wanted to knit a blanket :heart_eyes:

3 Likes