Crocheters, Knitters, Crafters, and the like 2020 to present

Shops that sell good wool were closed already when I left work :sob: I want to start :sob:

1 Like

Can you buy some tomorrow?

I’ll try. Hopefully I don’t have to work 11,5 hours straight without a break tomorrow :persevere:

1 Like

Working on this baby blanket.

12 Likes

You are so good! How long have you been crocheting?

How’s work? It’s been a rough day for me too, but tomorrow I expect to be able to focus on a project. I want to have a large block of time so I don’t have to put it down. It takes me a while to find my groove with crochet. Inexperience I guess.

Is there a name for that stich pattern? What kind of yarn are you using? I really want some cotton yarn, but it seems hard to get. I looked in a crafts store last night, and it was mostly just acrylic. There was some small cotton yarn for small hooks, and it was lovely, but too small.

This is weird, but I found better yarn options at Wal-Mart than at AC Moore or Michael’s (USA people).

1 Like

Since I was a teen… and it is the Chevron stitch.

2 Likes

Ah. Thanks. I was in Michael’s last night

It was tough again. Seems I’ll only get some me-time at the weekend :exploding_head:

1 Like

I haven’t knit anything in about 6 years (don’t think I can remember how to crochet). My niece asked me for a Harry Potter scarf, so being the ‘all or nothing’ type of addict, I had to make one for my whole immediate family :grimacing::point_down:

13 Likes

… Under the ‘… and the like’ category, in 2009 I covered our 20+ year sectional that the dogs were destroying. JC Penney had all their fleece bedding on sale for $9.99, so I bought a bunch. Covered the original with waterproof mattress fabric, then the fleece.

You can definitely tell an amateur did it, but it all comes off to go in the washer and dryer, so gets nice and clean and fresh-smelling. It’s still going strong (30+ yrs old) :muscle:t2::+1:

9 Likes

Did you get tired of knitting after making so many scarves? :grin: Nice work though. Are you going to get into it again?

1 Like

It wasn’t too bad, I made another 4 after that :grimacing:

This thread has definitely sparked my interest. :+1:

No-one I know needs a scarf (funny that!), and I thought I’d start smaller anyway, with the old fashioned style of cotton dish rags. :woman_shrugging:t3:

:joy:
Soon they won’t need any dish rags either. :grin:

2 Likes

Or dish towels… if I get bold !! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Those scarves are AWESOME!!! I love them!!!

1 Like

Thank you!!! :pray: They were cool in that a circular needle was used. So double thickness and very warm :+1::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Those scarfs are so cool! Very nice Cate!!

1 Like