Current meth addict could use some advice or motivation. I don't know new to this so

Hi im 24 years old and have been a meth addict for about 4 years off and on… Wow it’s actually my first time calculating that time frame… i have a one year old son I love more and more everyday. He is my everything… I don’t have very many friends anymore because of cutting allot of them out after getting pregnant ( I stayed clean entire pregnancy, I don’t know how it was so easy then and not now) but it’s really hard to find any positive influences or just anything really positive in my life right now be sides my son of course. So I guess I’m just feeling really meh and a shit bag of course for the person I’ve become since I started using. I feel like I’ve really made some selfish disicions in my life… I live with my mother and her husband and my siblings. My family are all pretty miserable selfish ungrateful judgmental greedy people or there dealing with there own problems out of sight of the rest of the family. I don’t even know why I’m really putting a run down of my life on here right now I think I’m just hoping to find someone who can just help me feel like I am someone still and can just help guide me in the right direction to getting better and finding my way back out of this addiction to become a better mother. I’ve never talked to anyone about the struggles that have gone on in my life really at all. I tried rehab for five days and ended up leaving because they where to understaffed that all we did was sit in our rooms or clean the place. They kept canceling meetings, counceling services, and just other important stuff I had just been really looking forward to and it was just a really big let down I guess for my first time trying something like that… I’ll end this here haha I feel like a could write a book… But yeah again I guess I’m just looking for whatever support or help anyone can offer. Sorry if my first post sucks still trying to understand this whole app

4 Likes

welcome to the forum! lots of great stuff here to read and suggestions of whats working for other peoples recoveries. also, your first post was totally fine :+1:

1 Like

lots of good stuff to check out in this thread

1 Like

Thank you!:slight_smile:

I’m 36 days off meth as well…let me tell you it’s a hard thing to do…But it’s all mental!!! Eat food, sleep, and go to meetings…I’m doing it and it’s working…i feel amazing and i just finished my first step, I’ve been using one form or another of drugs or booze fur 26 years…of i can do it anyone can…

4 Likes

Thank you Kaitlyn, for opening up to us and being brave. This is an app like no other and a safe space for you to share, vent, brag, laugh and cry. We’re your own personal 24/7 support group. The names and avatars might change, but the love, care and encouragement will always stay the same.

Check in with us every day, at least for the first month. I promise you, that alone will change you.
You’re already on your way to building a better life for yourself and your little man. Just take it one day at a time. Stay clean for the day. Try to do it again the day after that. Lean on us when it gets hard or confusing. Lean twice as much when it’s painful and scary.
You’re a mother now, which makes you one of the most powerful forces of nature on this planet. I think it’s time to start claiming that power, and that begins by getting clean. I think you know, it’s the next right step to take.

Thanks for bringing us along with you.

5 Likes

Wow I’m crying right now reading the replys baha… All that alone just helped me out allot right now! So thank you everyone…I really needed to hear all that…no I’m not currently going to any meetings I’m gonna call the iop place though today to see if they have some kind of child care options available for if I do sign up. Also does anyone have any advice or experience with trying to get clean with a friend? We help each other out with our babies mostly me helping her, she just recently became single and just had her baby. She also goes to the same iop. I just feel like Everytime we hang we only bring out wanting to smoke out of each other I feel like and I feel like an awful friend. Should I just try to stay clear from hanging out or helping her with baby…I just feel for her allot

2 Likes

Almost 2 year’s clean from methamphetamine here… I say that to you just as the other’s here to let you know that life is still possible… Exactly what’s been said above… You and your baby are worth this life… Choose you and him… We all started somewhere… Had to back away from some friend’s and had to struggle through some family issue’s as well… You CAN too… We’re right here with you… Stay connected… You will find those positive influences that you are seek here at TS… Welcome to the community that cares… :point_up::blush:

2 Likes

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:
THIS @Katdaddy

4 Likes