Dads missing, relapse after 3 months 😥

Hey everyone… my dads been missing for about 4 months now, theres a missing persons report out and everything but no bank card activity and the police have no leads.
They said to prepare for the worst :disappointed_relieved: I cant lose my daddy :sob:
Anyway, I was so stressed I took off from my place and went to a known user’s house (who used to be a friend of mine who I would use regularly with) and I felt so sad and hopeless that I relapsed and smoked some meth. I feel so so disappointed in myself and afraid for anyone to find out about my relapse because everyone (especially my mom :disappointed_relieved:) would be so devastated and disappointed and ashamed… I need some support and advice please. Thank you in advance for any responses :heart::heart_decoration:

1 Like

So sorry to hear about you dad :frowning:

Stress can lead to doing things like that.
But as far as telling people, the way I look at the situation is why tell them? All in all it is your own personal business, if you don’t feel comfortable telling them, don’t.
If you do tell them, don’t be ashamed of it. Making mistakes is part of life, its how we learn and grow.
Having a fall is not the end of the world, you can pick yourself back up and keep moving forward. You got this!

1 Like

Sorry about your Dad, that sounds very troubling and scary. I am sorry you relapsed, that sucks. Hopefully today is a fresh day for you. In my experience, using to mask grief and pain only makes my life worse. Be well.

2 Likes

Horrible. This has got to be hard. I’m so sorry. Please be good to yourself and reach out for help whenever you need. Meanwhile, I’ll be praying that your father will be found soon.

2 Likes

That’s a horrible situation. Very stressful and for an addict an obvious trigger to use more drugs. But you know it will not help in any way. You already feel more miserable than you did before. Telling your family might help you relieve, although it will make tham sad. But if they support you, it might actually help this one time lapse not turn into a full on relapse. But you’re the only one who can judge that.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your dad. What a heartbreaking situation.
Consider telling your family. Secrets keep us sick. If you don’t tell them, you get away with it which leaves that door open for another lapse. Taking accountability for our actions is an important step in our recovery.

2 Likes

How are you doing today come check in with us here let us know your ok, dont want you to feel like your alone dealing with your addiction.:innocent:

1 Like