Daily Check In - Accountability

This is my first day. I hope it lasts. I’m addicted to weed, mostly vaping it since I can do it anywhere though it makes me feel like shit. It’s ruined my body and my money. It blows my mind I could jeopardize my health and money over something that actively makes me feel like shit and I see it as having no good side…just crazy.

I want to have any sort of accountability. I want to post here every day. I’ve made the first hour. I told my family, mostly my dad, but they have bigger things to worry about. My dad has cancer so it’s not like he can really be my support now. He needs me to support him, the family needs to support him so I won’t tell them about it.

I just needed to put this somewhere. Anywhere. I’m trying, I’m really trying, I just don’t know how.

I’ll be back tomorrow hopefully

9 Likes

It’s my first few minutes I’m here with you. My family has been in and out of the hospital for as long as I can remember now. My mom and sister. Right now I feel all alone and I’d love to have someone, anyone in on this battle with me. I don’t wanna burden them with everything I have going on knowing they’re fighting so hard on their own already. I feel like our future is in my hands my mom’s getting older and I want to make sure the next half of her life is the best and I’m tired of leaving that in the hands of doctors who don’t care. So to help her I have to be sober. The mind is a terrible thing to waste and I’m done wasting it. So I understand your fight and I’m here with you, stay with it we got this. The first week is the hardest after that the cravings go away and you can sleep. All withdrawal means is your body is healing. Let it heal don’t be scared. Save yourself and I’m praying for your father, my family in Christ god bless you all and god bless your journey of sobriety.

4 Likes

Welcome to TS!
Good chouce getting sober.

2 Likes

Welcome, both of you!

There is a thread where many members check in daily or as often as they can. Maybe you could join?

Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I really want to be there for my dad and I think about how he would be really crushed if anything happens to me. My family needs me a lot for things like going to appts and watching my siblings when they’re at the hospital and I think about what would they do if I just died.

I’m glad we’re in this together! And I pray we will be there for our parents, now and always!

Thank you I’m already so jittery and I’ve beens staring at my timer but this really helped me feel like there’s other people in my corner. Thank you and I pray we both make it though!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m new so I will join one of these. Have a good day! :]

1 Like

Very good posts @muchomango and @LuvUrself

Thats some heavy stuff

Thank you for sharing