Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

@No_more_C2H6O thank you so much!

5 Likes

Sorry you’re not feeling the best today.

You know… the first ten days were absolutely brutal for me to get through so whenever I see someone make it to day 10 I feel relief for them. It is definitely worth a huge celebration in my books. I hope your day gets better.
:sunflower:

10 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and realizing that I need to do more to work on my sobriety like checking in more frequently.

I am grateful for ITR online meetings and how accessible that they are.

I am grateful that if I stumble along the way in sobriety or in life I don’t give up, i dust myself off, and keep moving forward.

I am grateful for this thread and for all u gratidudes. :two_hearts:

13 Likes

A later one for me tonight gratitroops! I’m utterly beat, but I’m still grateful for:

• a productive, but thankfully not stressful day at work.
  • the kind man that came and took our skip full of crap away for us. The house feels cleaner and lighter for not having all that stuff in it. Why do we collect it all?
  • for the recycling men who came today to take away all our cardboard, foil and glass. How lucky we are to live in countries where all this is well organized and all we have to do is put the right bin outside on the right day. This is luxury to many.
  • having worked really hard tonight cleaning kitchen cupboards and floors. It’s hard to face after a long working day, but it will all be over by Monday evening when the people come to value our house. Then we can let it all slide again! :joy::joy:
  • for freezers full of food. We can always find something in there when time or money is short.
  • for my tired eyes and good sleep. Just couldn’t even contemplate closing my eyes without posting my list.
    Happy sober Wednesday everyone!
    Nite nite :pray:
14 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for hot tea and my rocking chair. I’m grateful @I.cant.We.can has so many sober days, and is still working on it. It’s a wonderful reminder ( as are everyone’s days) that there isn’t an end to this- you don’t reach a certain time and then, that’s it, you’re cured. We have to work for this.
I’m grateful that I was able to see myself acting like an ass to a coworker yesterday- not her fault, I let stress get to me. I’m embarrassed that I didn’t control my response better=me being a jerk to her, but I’m grateful that I decided to text her and apologize. That was hard to do because I don’t know her well. And because owning up to your bad behavior sucks. But I did it. Looks like I have more work to do on living life on life’s terms.
I’m grateful that my husband is putting together the small greenhouse he ordered, I hope it’s everything he wants it to be. I’m grateful for TS, and all the gratidudes.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

13 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me rest well, thank you for loving me and guiding me through another day clean, sober and highly productive. I’m grateful for my recovery and that I am determined that no one is gonna take it from me, not family, friends, work, good or bad dates, weather, my health being good or bad, volunteering. I’m grateful to believe that my higher power and I are the only ones who could cause me to give up on recovery. I’m grateful to feel that this version of Brian doesn’t give up the old one did, far to often, and with all your help, my higher power and others he is gone. I’m grateful for all the supports I have and that sometimes the help, advice or critism offered strengthens my resolve.
I’m grateful for my family and the funny messages from Mom lately which are quite surprising she’s usually so serious. I’m so grateful for all the shoutouts and congrats from all of you, it’s not why I do any of this stuff but sure is a nice feeling to be acknowledged. Thanks again my fellow gratidudes, gratitroops, gratimom and pops and pets Lol Maybe I say it too much and I don’t wish to leave anyone out so I’m not going to tag anyone but there are a great many people on this and other threads who I highly admire, respect, appreciate, love, aspire to be like, people really working hard to be the best version of them just for today. I’m so blessed to have found my way into recovery and to share it with so many of you. Keep up the great work everyone. I’m grateful to be determined to continue moving forward in my own journey as exhausting as it sometimes is, it is a far better way of life. I’m grateful for music and excersise. I’m grateful that I am going to call my employment counsellor tomorrow because my patience is good but I am still a flawed human and refuse to keep waiting and let myself fall back into my procrastinating ways. I’m grateful that I wrote alot again tonight. I’m grateful that it doesn’t matter if it was all over the place it’s my gratitude :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Lmao
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. I enjoy writing these ps (most of the time) for myself and all of you because we matter and you rock. Ya you!!

edit. wow I can really get ranty sometimes. good night everyone

13 Likes

Haha so funny… I just apologized in the check- in thread for ranting. I guess it’s in the stars today.

Grateful for you, your recovery and your ranting.

6 Likes

Grateful tonight that I had a good convo with my ex husband, and that my direct amends to him went well.

Grateful that tomorrow is Thursday looking forward to a meeting.

Grateful for the super sweet, scrumptious spot prawns my kiddo and I ate for dinner.

Grateful to be going to bed clean tonight.

:pray:

14 Likes

Grateful for another sober morning without hangover. :heartbeat:

9 Likes

Good late afternoon, all.
My working day changes the time that I can get onto TS. Grateful that I have a job and colleagues that I like. Grateful that the start to the new academic year has been manageable. Everything is so much easier sober. Grateful that I have finally discovered that.
Grateful for all of the shares on here. I love this thread.
Grateful that the thoughts of drinking that flashed through my mind when I got home from work were only fleeting, and that I felt robustly in control of them. Grateful that I noticed their existence and that I can try to work out where they have come from. I suspect fatigue and dehydration.
Grateful that my kids are still enjoying the last week of their summer holiday, so life still feels free and easy when I get home from work.
Grateful to be sober. Grateful that I no longer have a permanently upset stomach. Grateful that my anxiety is almost nonexistent nowadays. Grateful to be clear headed. Grateful that I no longer hate myself.
Grateful that it is a beautifully pleasant evening.
Have a great sober day, all.

13 Likes

Bedtime gratitudes…

I am grateful to be going to bed sober after having spent my shift at work hangover free.

I am grateful for the comfy pjs and blankets that I have and for my cat that is all cuddled in.

I am grateful for this rainy morning which will make it easier to sleep soundly (no lawnmowers today!). :two_hearts:

11 Likes

I am grateful

13 Likes

Congrats @NCgolfer22 on 60 days!!! Today I am grateful for another sober and hangover free morning. I am limited on time this morning and will keep it brief, I have enjoyed reading everyone’s gratitudes!I am grateful to see my mom today and know how she is doing and to be able to give her a hand around the house where needed as well as deal with meds, bp etc. She is about 8 years sober (not a day counter ) so being in the presence of sobriety is super helpful. Wishing all of you a healthy day. Appreciate you!

10 Likes

Good morning friends - this morning, I am grateful for:

• a comfortable home - cool a/c, solid roof, room for everyone, etc…
  • hot coffee and my trusty (30+ yr old) coffee grinder
  • working from home - sitting here in shorts with bare feet
  • a successful career that has allowed us to provide for our daughters and spoil our grandchildren
  • a loving and patient wife - she has stuck by me through all of my nonsense
  • funny memes and jokes… my only social media any more (besides TS) is sharing funny junk with my daughters
  • this community - I have way more friends here than in real life, and I’m fine with that!

Have an awesome, gratitude filled day!

14 Likes

Congrats!! That’s a huge accomplishment, keep up all the hard work :tada: :muscle:

4 Likes

I write my gratitude lists daily and share with some of my fellows. Today was the first day I found it hard to feel grateful actually. I had a dream which rattled me last night, a using dream, which felt like it lasted all night, and woke with a sense of dread of fear of spiralling out of control. Also that and the fact that so many people in the meetings have recently relapsed brought me down somewhat.

But 8 hours of doing constructive things, a meeting, and a call, and i’ve managed to reframe things :slight_smile:

Today I am grateful for:

• Being sober another day
  • Having a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in
  • Having the motivation to get down to some work i’ve been putting off for a good week
  • A positive meeting with my therapist yesterday
  • Advice from the hive mind of facebook on getting our catflap fitted, and saving almost £100
  • For a fellow reaching out yesterday to me
10 Likes

@Peace must be a fellow nightshifter as I share in your gratitude of a lawnmower free day! Sleep well my friend! :sleeping::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I grateful to God I am and sober, hangover free, and I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful for all the nice cool weather and rain and looking forward to some sunshine in the forecast.
I’m grateful I got my first work out in and a good walk in the rain yesterday in a really long time. And that I took it easy so I’m not in pain today.
I’m grateful to read long rants by all the gratidudes. Rant away. It’s good for ya.
I’m still grateful for “sober elves.”
I’m grateful maybe I can get outside today and do a few things like pull a few weeds and restock some firewood where it will dry out.
I’m grateful for music and laughter they’re so good for the soul.
I’m grateful the old dog girl and the old cat girl are doing well.
I’m grateful for how I feel after a workout or good power walk.
I’m grateful for you guys :hugs:
:pray:t2::heart:

Drinking is predictable.
Sober is full of surprises.

10 Likes

Congratulations on your 60 daws Shawn!!
You da,

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 2).