Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

This morning I feel grateful for my change in expectations of myself. I have accepted that taking care of my household, feeding us / food prepping and getting a walk in or some sort of exercise before I start work in the afternoon can be enough. And doing so at my own pace and enjoying it is even better. I believed that doing 250 things each day and always having plans to meet a friend or do a class would make my life fuller and I’d feel better about myself. But that’s not the way. It helped during a couple periods of serious circumstantial depression but is not sustainable. I also think I believed that would appear to others as if I am ok and doing just fine or even have some “great life,” that all the “efforting” would show the outside world something very different than what is on the inside. I’m learning that a) I really need to focus on the very basics especially in early sobriety, b) a very simple life is very fulfilling to me, and c) no one gives a shit how much “efforting” I really do and probably got tired of hearing about it and d) anyone who truly cares about me probably just wants to see me at peace and contented. I am grateful for learning this about my self and for TS and the gratidudes for allowing me to share. I hooe today is a peaceful one for all of you.

6 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday and to remain clean and sober. I’m grateful for my recovery and continue to try and learn from it. I’m grateful for my family and friends and all you gratidudes. I’m grateful for sleep and want to go back to sleep, I’m worried I’m burning out as I have been tired alot lately. I’m grateful I got to be part of the celebration for stella and M, that was fun, I like cake, you adorable ladies deserve it. I’m grateful that I get to go to the treatment center and just hang out whenever I want, not everyone gets that opprtunity for fellowship with people trying to recover and some free food and coffee is a bonus. I’m grateful that I haven’t given up because God knows I think about it, I believe it happens to us all, its only a matter of do you share it, work through it, or do it. I’m grateful that I have an AA meeting tonight. I’m grateful I get to go use the new Bbq today for dinner of pork chops and some type of potatoes and veggies I haven’t decided yet. I’m grateful for the birds singing and the excersise I’ll get soon on my 3km walk or bike. I’m grateful for music and often the memories that accompany a tune.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are doing great. Ya you!!

6 Likes

Good morning all,
Today I’m grateful for a wonderful day hiking up in the mountains with my mom and kids. I’m grateful that we are all willing and able to do this. I’m grateful to read what @Irisees919 wrote about living simply- you are right a simple life is very fulfilling. I’m going to repeat this to myself today, as I have time off of work and struggle to not pack the days full of “stuff to do” so I don’t feel like I’ve wasted the time. Today, I will take care of my home, read my new book, drink tea, and relax.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

7 Likes

Congratulations!!!:tada::hibiscus::tada:

3 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful my old “dog girl” credit M. I’m stealing it. I love that phrase. My old dog girl looks and is acting so well back here at home. She seems revitalize now that she’s out of the city and back on her trails in her hood. She’s so excited to be pulling me on the trails.
I’m grateful I’m learning to be grateful to be home too. I do miss having a restaurant or bakery or my spa a block away from my home. But the solitude of the forest in the mountains is a blessing too.
I’m grateful it’s so dang quiet up here.
Maybe as an addict all my life I thrived on chaos and I really enjoy the chaos of city living. And now as I said I’m back in the woods living in wonderful solitude. I guess I’m grateful I am blessed to be able to live in both worlds. And I do them both sober now.
I grateful for the way this thread starts my day.
I grateful for the rain yesterday. It was a good soaking.
I’m grateful for my great big beautiful deck.
I’m grateful I’m vaccinated.
I’m grateful for air conditioning. Although we haven’t needed it much.
I’m grateful for the eerie sounds of silence.
I’m grateful I can share more than just my gratitude on this thread. It’s how I roll :kissing_closed_eyes:
:pray:t2::heart:

Some days your greatest
accomplishment- in recovery- will simply be, not taking a drink.
That’s good enough.
Trust and believe.

#recoveryposse
#ODAAT

7 Likes

@Irisees919

I struggle with this so fucking much. I always feel if I’m not doing “something” “anything” I’m a bum. I know, I know it’s not true. But the feelings of this are real.

And all that “efforting” is exhausting isn’t it?
I’m so grateful for these shares.
Thank you.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

I am grateful for the love of God! I am grateful that I still am alcohol-free 1 month and 23 days.

6 Likes

I have 61 days today and I am so grateful. I’m loving myself more and more. What are you grateful for?

11 Likes

At the moment I’m greatful for practicing boundaries in a non agessive way.

Practicing the word NO for others and myself

7 Likes

I’m also very greatful the clock hit a 24hour mile stone :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I am grateful for that too.
:heart:

5 Likes

I’m grateful for early nights. And for the snippets of time in the day that I get to catch up on this thread. I’m grateful for hot drinks after cold swims. I’m grateful for my healing fractured foot - I can’t run again yet but I can go on long walks at sunset. Grateful for pets, always. For my 2nd jab tomorrow. For dinner plans with friends. For tiring but productive days.

7 Likes

Grateful for finally finishing this damn puzzle!
Now i get the pool table back :joy::+1:

12 Likes

Oh I love your little piece organizers. I might have to get some of them… I use little Tupperware but I like the puzzle shapes you have. Hahah.

Nice puzzle. Do you glue them?

1 Like

Good afternoon fam.

Grateful for the cooler weather
Grateful for the safe feeling I have inside which allows me to be vulnerable
Grateful to be heading out for an afternoon with my kiddo
Grateful for open communication, space to think before I respond and grace.

:sunflower:

8 Likes

I’m grateful to be here. Grateful to be present. Grateful to be here with you all. Grateful to all of you for sharing your struggles, sharing your victories and sharing all your inbetweens. Grateful to come home after my five days working week with four days off ahead. Grateful to find my little cat waiting for me here, happy to see me, firstly to be fed of course, but also because she wants my attention and I want hers.
Grateful I can go to my therapy group tomorrow and try to better myself. Grateful I found enough of myself to decide to go my life sober and clean and give myself a chance to a better life. Grateful for the insights and knowledge I am gaining, even though some of those insights are hard truths. Grateful I am strong enough to take these hard truths and try to learn from them.
Grateful to TS, for without it I wouldn’t be where I am now, which is a much better place as where I was two years ago. Love and thanks to you all.

13 Likes

No glue.
Just kind of pull them apart and back in the box.
Likely donated to kids next door or take in to work. They sometimes put one out on one of the large tables for staff to work on when they feel like a break or a bit of stress relief. People pick away at them getting a piece or two at a time and it seems to help with general office well-being

The trays actually came in a puzzle i got from Costco. Super handy. I didn’t even realise the puzzle came with them till i opened it. Pleasant surprise.
:+1:

7 Likes

Tonight I’m grateful for the full day I had, even though it didn’t go too according to plan. I’m grateful that I’m slowly learning to see the difference between what’s in my control and what’s not, and how to respond to it all…

Workwise, I’m grateful that I was able to laugh at a few things that would have had me reaching for the corkscrew about a year ago. I’m grateful for the laughs I had with colleagues, even in the midst of stress…

I’m grateful for the dog girl (you can totally steal that, Dazercat!) and her loud snoring. Someone on my work zoom meetings even asked “what’s that sound?” and it made us all chuckle…

I’m grateful for the brief call I had with Mom, that she can still manage these (sort of). I’m grateful that I have support to manage stress or sadness around this now, and not reach for the corkscrew yet again…

I’m grateful for the time off I have coming up (tomorrow at noon!), for the posts from @Irisees919 and @sunflower - I can relate to these so much. Sobriety has been teaching me to I need to detox from busy-ness and efforting (I’m gonna steal that!), and I’m excited to for my “less is more” plans…

I’m grateful for all the :heart: from this community yesterday, on milestone day. For how much support I have to be and stay sober. For the gratidudes. For another day. :orange_heart:

11 Likes

Today I am grateful for the new month that is coming ! I am still alive , I still have a job and a family , and considering my past it is a goal.

7 Likes

Do.
Not.
Burn.
Out.

Self care Saturday…

xT0Gqe9Ap0qSOLicKc

Pictures or it didn’t happen.
:heart:

8 Likes