Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude is the air of recovery

Thanks. I’m grateful I make it sound easy. I think :thinking: It isn’t. I’m grateful I’m just a bit wiser now. I’m so grateful Paula is doing better.
I’m grateful for salmon pill pockets. For our cats.

I’m grateful Alice will eat them most times with her pill in it.

9 Likes

Good morning family.

I am grateful for the spiritual principles patience, compassion and love. That I am able to practice them while gently guiding my sponsee. I am grateful that today I feel a tiny bit more connected to my body and I am grateful for the last few weeks of discomfort. Discomfort reminds me of how good comfort feels, sometimes I get used to it and don’t appreciate it so I am grateful for the reminder. I am grateful for my cautious, observant, sensitive nature. Not much gets by me which is a blessing and a curse I suppose, but I am grateful that it allows me to make educated decisions. Trust is so hard for me so I am grateful that people trust me, the people that trust me allow me to trust them. I am grateful the sun is shining and there isn’t a cloud in the sky, that I will spend this Sunday with my family playing games and having a meal. Very grateful to have my family so close and to have both my parents with me. Always grateful that my child is here with me, safe and happy. That she is verbal, learning to cuddle and that she is just such a joy. After a lifetime of suffering I am grateful to be clean today and to be working towards a life of freedom from addiction, one day at a time.
:orange_heart:

15 Likes

Sending strength and hugs. You can do this, you are doing this, you got this.

5 Likes

@Dazercat , I’m sorry that happened. It happens here to from time to time, and sometimes I deal with it better than others. I’m grateful you have this safe place to let out the feelings. I’m grateful you showed me it’s ok to have those feelings- cuz Lord knows I do too! Maybe she will be able to scale back during the visit with your son…. If not, come on here and vent away.
FUCK BOOZE!
Hope your day gets better❤️

12 Likes

How cool is that. I am grateful that TS is an all inclusive place. Covers all aspects of life. :blush: Together we are strong.

8 Likes

Thanks @Sunflower1
And thanks all you GDudes. I’m grateful for this thread.
I’m grateful for our dog walks.
I’m grateful I told my wife I FEEL sad she passed out drunk on the couch again.
I’m grateful I told my wife I FEEL angry she got drunk all 3 nights my daughter was here.
I’m grateful I told my wife I FEEL really nervous starting this conversation.
I’m grateful she said my feelings are valid. And she’s sorry and that all she can do is try and do better.
Kind of anticlimactic and no arguing drama.
And I felt better. Still do. :thinking: So this is how it works. :thinking:
I’m grateful I didn’t do the 40 minute dog walk with her, in my own silence, hurt, and mental anguish and resentment.
Fuck resentments!!
I’m grateful we could use the rest of our walk to plan our very busy week ahead.
So fucking grateful for this thread and you all.
:pray:t2::heart:

16 Likes

I’m grateful @Dazercat made a huge step forward with the discussion. Now it’s “out there” for continued awareness and discussion. I hope she’ll make the decision to follow in your footsteps. Hugs friend.

6 Likes

Beautiful!

4 Likes

I am so grateful today to be sober. I am grateful that I smelled like beer today but only because people spilled on the floor at the game. I am grateful that my ex-wife is proud of me and took me to see my favorite team. I am grateful that after a fun day I have a safe sober place to come back to. I am grateful that real, honest, humble people share a piece of there life with me here. I am grateful my three teenage children are starting to talk to me again. I am grateful that I can recall the last 53 days with no blank spots (Well the first week or so was pretty bad maybe not everyone of those days). I am grateful that I am going to outpatient treatment tomorrow to be around some great guys I have bonded with. O am greatful that I am starting to believe I deserve to be happy sober and loved.
@Dazercat I am grateful that you are sober had an amazing time with your child and a healthy talk with your wife.

And even though my team lost I am grateful I didn’t want to drink surrounded by people that were

9 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for a wonderful day today. Beautiful weather, got some kitchen organization done, driving lesson with my son, good workout, easy and yummy dinner made. Some days are just good. I’ll take it gratefully, because some days aren’t. I’m grateful for the simplicity of the day, and that I didn’t feel the need to “spruce it up” with alcohol. I’ll remember this day, and the peace I felt.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

13 Likes

This is the key. I’m glad you two talked it over - that’s really the only way forward. I’m happy for you. I’m grateful for those tough conversations that I have with my husband around drinking, especially drinking too much and having feelings about it. They suck, especially the lead up to them, but they’re so vital. And there is a weight lifted afterward, for the most part. Glad for you and hope this is another good nudge for her to look at her behavior and make better choices in future. :heartpulse:

7 Likes

I’m grateful that I have a patient and loving partner who is willing to risk a broken heart to try to help me. It makes me so motivated to keep going each day

14 Likes

I’m grateful it’s a Sunday night with no work tomorrow. Gonna stay up late and read another chapter! Sure beats the before time, when I wouldn’t even question that a holiday Monday meant extra wine on Sunday.

I’m grateful for today and the weekend - for the energy to tackle a couple big tasks around my wee home (dusting blinds, cleaning windows, garden stuff away, etc) - things that should be done before snow falls. Never had that kind of energy in the before time, or even if I did these tasks, the punch was spiked (so to speak). Grateful for a feeling of accomplishment. And also for the rest and breaks I took.

This thanksgiving day, I’m grateful for so many things. For this practice and this thread - it makes me see that everyday is worthy of giving thanks. For my home and my things. My family of friends now, and good memories of my parents and childhood. For feeling content and safe. For feeling hopeful and optimistic about the future (thank you, recovery), in that I can trust that there will always good things going on and beauty, even in difficult times too.

I’m grateful for sleep that will come soon - I’m tired! And the first moments of waking to look forward to.
I’m grateful for all of you! And grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for stumbling back into this thread after ten days. Grateful I recognize I need to practise this. I’m grateful I have a cold but it isn’t covid. Grateful I invited my old(est) friends over for a meal Wednesday. Grateful there is only one out for us four left who still drinks, and grateful it isn’t me. Grateful that looking around my place I can see the massive improvement that has taken place in the last two years, grateful to realize that it’s no coincidence it coincides with my sobriety.
Grateful to see improvement in myself too, improvement that sometimes becomes a bit obscured because life’s still life, and my moods still have their swings, but improvement there is nonetheless. Damned grateful for my life and my current status when I think where I was i my head three years ago.
And very grateful to find you all still here, my dear friends, all of you. Grateful I can come here and feel the togetherness and closeness and unity of purpose. Grateful I can feel the love.

17 Likes

This morning I am grateful to walk up on a Monday without stress. I still have work and chores and bills to pay, but it’s all manageable and I thank sobriety for that. I am grateful for the time shared with my Mom yesterday. I was glad to see her out and about getting much needed activity and new sights and sounds. I am grateful for the look ahead to a couple years from now when I plan to move away from my home town. Being able to plan and find just the right fit is exciting and I will be ready for a very fresh start. I am grateful for classical music, meditation and dog / cat cuddles combines with great coffee to start the day.

I am grateful for all of you and this safe space to share, be thankful and inspired, vent and celebrate!

16 Likes

Day 64 and am grateful I didn’t ugly cry during my Daily Reflections meeting this morning and that I learned about the pink cloud, which apparently I’m on. I’m also Grateful it was shared to be careful of the ego and not Ease God Out. Grateful for this new day to practice self-restraint, listening more and being kind.

16 Likes

I’m grateful for another day. Daisy warmly on my lap purring, my coffee, and I slept in a bit.
I’m grateful I didn’t want to sleep in, but I’m sober and flexible so I’ll adjust my busy day accordingly.
I’m grateful I still don’t drink. I’m grateful my daughter made it home safely to Cali.
I’m grateful my son made it home to Dallas safely from a wedding in Maine.
I’m grateful for the chance to endure the test of anxiety and my sobriety this week as we prepare to board all the pets and go to Dallas on Thursday.
I’m grateful I’ve already flown once sober. I can do it again.
I’m grateful I’ll be strong in my sobriety to fly with my wife who I’m sure will be drinking. Why wouldn’t she? I’m grateful at least the 2 of us won’t be getting hammered at the airport bar and that it’s a non stop flight.
I’m grateful I told my wife my feelings yesterday. It wasn’t really a conversation. It went down like I mention before. She also knows the script and how to validate my feelings. So I was not surprised in the least when she ordered wine for brunch and drank wine all day. But I’m grateful she didn’t pass out on the couch and went to bed. Kinda :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I’m grateful I recognized my resentment toward her. It’s a powerful useless feeling. And I didn’t get over it per say. But it was easier to deal with since I told her how I felt. I’m grateful I realize there is nothing I can do to get her to stop drinking.
I’m grateful it’s not even my job to get her to stop drinking. If I had that power I would use it to help so many people.
The reality is I’m grateful I know I can only work on myself. And practice the principals I’ve learned in Alanon.
I’m grateful my wife doesn’t drive my crazy. I drive me crazy. If I let myself.
Grateful for you all. Thanks for reading my shit.
Oh I’m grateful resentment was mentioned in 2 of my devotional readings today. I love it when God gives me exactly what I need. I think I’ll resent the wife much less today.
I’ll do this instead :point_down:
I should pray for the one against whom I hold the resentment. I should put that person in God’s hands and let God show him or her the way to live.
From my daily Hazeldon Betty Ford reading.

16 Likes

Today is difficult but I come here.

I am grateful I am sober. I am struggling.
I am grateful that my mother tries to calm me and supports me (idk if she is sincere but I try to believe in it) and is listening about the cats.

I am grateful I found this vet where I had to go again today. Here my gratitude somehow ends. I am grateful I can easily get Paula to the vet by bike in the backback wich gives me freedom and independence. I am grateful she was more or less okay on the ride.

I am grateful for all the different kind and lovable persons that are here. I am grateful I have enough.

We are a bit sad atm but thats okay. I’ll get better I hope.

16 Likes

It has taken me a very long time to understand this but I am so grateful I get it now. I am grateful that I can either let myself sit in this shit that I have been feeling and pick it apart and drive myself deeper into a hole of depression and isolation or I have the choice to accept that I do not know what I am feeling and just carry on. I am grateful for common interests and the sense of belonging that can generate with people who live around the globe. With all the division these days I am grateful for any feelings of togetherness I can grab. I am grateful for technology, video chats, this forum and all the ways that we have to support our recovery now that 20 years ago were not available. I am grateful for my fucking plants and the sense of purpose they give me, every day I look forward to tending to them to seeing their growth and making sure they have everything they need to thrive. At one point I was thinking " Ugh I’m addicted to plants" but I changed that thinking to, " plants are my passion and they are my hobby." If I make it something ugly it will feel ugly and there is nothing wrong with what I am doing, it’s healthy. I am grateful for the change that the 12 steps have made in my thinking and how I am able to process my thoughts. I am grateful that I know that I will not be able to stay clean without 12 step recovery in my life for the rest of my life. I am so fucking grateful that there were people like me who also knew this and are taking 28, 30,35 year cakes and have never left the program. People who have stuck around to share their message of strength and hope with people like me. Imagine if everyone that cleaned up and left the rooms of AA or NA… I am grateful that isnt what happens.

16 Likes

What she said :point_down: :wink:

Thank you, Bootz. And for the chuckle about the lil aphids! I hope your breakfast with the local berries and roast coffee was delicious, and that the “pusher” was no match for your commitment to sobriety.
Yep, let’s go get another 24. :orange_heart:

10 Likes