Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude is the air of recovery

Look at you go living your best life. You rock.

@Dazercat I agree with stellzilla and you. some people call their higher power Creator. This music and art you speak of, pure creation from our heart, souls and imagination, I love it, the thought of it being God.
I’m grateful to be getting ready to leave for the day to fulfill my current purpose of being the best I can be and support others. I’m grateful its pizza day and the spicy sauce myself and another made will be ready. I’m grateful to God, guide me to best do your will. Amen. I’m grateful for musuc, excersise and humor. I’m grateful for my family, friends and all you gratidues.

p.s. You deserve a great life, start living it. Ya you!!

13 Likes

Lazy saturday late morning gratitude!

I’m grateful for the sleep I had, the slow morning to gear down from the week I had. The two cups o’ delicious coffee and the beauty early(ish) walk with the dog girl. Quiet in our little patch of turning-colors forest this morning…

I’m grateful the sky just seemed to shout out to me…
hey, M, psst… look up! see? the clouds blow in and blow out, M. there’s always me, blue sky, beyond them. never drink over clouds, k? i’m up here. always. even if you can’t see me for the clouds.
I’m grateful there’s not a cloud in the sky, my sky, today.

I’m grateful for the clouds, too. (And for one of my favourite songstresses, Joni Mitchell, for singing about ‘em.) A lot of what I thought were my faults, my flaws, well… I think they’re just like clouds. We all have traits, and sometimes they come in handy and serve us, and sometimes not, but I can learn a lot from the clouds in my life - of my own making and others’ - if I make peace with them. Cryptic, but I think you get it.

Put another way? Like Dazercat said… You’re good enough anyhow. We are. I am.

I’m gonna go indulge in some blue skies. Grateful for all of you. Grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for your honest, upbeat, no stinking thinking posts, and your 20 days o’ super solid sobriety! Your presence in this place is a gift to us. :pray:

We could all use a beachmouse to companion us in sobriety, yeah? :orange_heart:

11 Likes

What a beautiful post. 🥲🥲
As long as I’m not drinking I guess I’m just going to let the tears and clouds come and go.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

Thank you for the awesome replies my new friends! I have so much love for you all.

10 Likes

I am so grateful today for a strenuous but productive Saturday morning. Instead of sleeping in with a hangover I got up early had a great meeting I got moving. And I’m so grateful to be able to have done that and accomplished something. Grateful to be going into day 39 and being happy and healthy in life. I am blessed.

13 Likes

Congrats on making it to 20 days!!!
RMvigYd3RRXHH40oqG (1)
:orange_heart:

6 Likes

I am grateful for the sun, the stars, the sky, the moon, the earth, the oxygen in the air, water.
I am grateful that I can see, I can hear, I can talk, I can walk.

I am grateful for the health care workers and other essential workers who help hospitals and emergency services run.I am grateful that when their hospitals are at over capacity, full, in this year 2021, that they stay on the job doing their very best under the extreme and dire circumstances.

I am grateful for evacuations of people (and animals) to safety, wherever it may be from, whatever the reason. I am grateful to those who help these people get out of danger.

I am grateful that plans are in place for natural disasters to help people as much as possible. I am grateful that help can come from those trained and “on the job” to volunteers, neighbors, neighboring states, other countries.

I am grateful for all of you here at TS. You all make a difference.

16 Likes

Good morning! I’m new to this thread so :wave:t3:
I’ve been an avid user of the ‘attitude of gratitude’ and try to take moments each day to appreciate what I have rather than focus on what drink has taken away over the years.
Today I wake up grateful firstly for actually being able to post here with you lovely lot! My first social event yesterday was made so much easier knowing I had you guys if I needed you….I felt like I had a little alcohol army in my back pocket, so thankyou and I truly appreciate YOU!
I’m grateful to be day 8 with a clear head, looking forward to my day ahead rather than waiting for 5pm to strike so I can have a drink.
I’m grateful to live where I do so I can just take myself into the forest and clear my mind, and keep busy.
I’m grateful my best friend is a kundalini yoga teacher. She has sets for addiction and addictive behaviours that helped her with her own recovery that she shares with me. It helps me.
Grateful for my new online family :heart::pray::heart:
Happy Sunday, I hope you’re all doing well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
‘~Just for today, I will be grateful for everything I have~’

17 Likes

I am grateful for:-

Having choices on what i am doing each day, rather than my addiction to alcohol wiping each day out, again and again and again

On being more comfortable around friends who drink, and enjoying myself

Being able to drive anytime of the day and night

Acceptance

To this community of insightful, eloquent people at all different stages of recovery, who i learn from each day. Thank you

Grateful i feel greatful :pray:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for this thread and all the gratidudes that occupy it. There are days I find it hard to find stuff I’m grateful for but coming here always reminds me of some. This attitude of gratitude is quite the opposite of what attitude I grew up with, and I’m sure lots of folks who suffer from addictions will feel the same. At the same time I do see how important it is to actually develop this attitude, to see the stuff in life to be grateful for, to feel this love for ourselves, the world around us and the people in it. I’m very grateful you all are here and are helping me in finding and developing this attitude. One day at a time. Love.

16 Likes

Grateful that I am single

10 Likes

This morning is am grateful for a hangover-free Sunday morning and an exercise class on the horizon. Last night I went to listen to a couple of bands and was happy to not have the urge to drink. In fact, when I saw others drinking, many heavily, I felt very resistant to it. I certainly didn’t feel judgemental as I have no place for that, I was able to “play the tape” and see the long term consequences vs the instant gratification for me. I am so grateful to have felt this as I have relapsed many times and I hope this thinking process continues.

The next thing I say will sound crazy I am sure, but I am glad I got pulled over on my way home for a tail light. I am certain this officer was expecting a person who had had to much to drink and just happened to have a tail light out, but nope, he got me instead - not a drop and totally sober. He was kind, wrote me a warning and understood that I would have to replace the entire assembly and am actually about to sell the car this week (something else I am grateful for). I felt so proud and I think he felt relieved as well. Last night was a win, but I don’t take for granted the saying that no matter how far along this road I drive, I am still the same distance from the ditch.

I am grateful @Kat1210 has joined us (that yoga practice sounds amazing) and grateful for TS and the gratududes. Happy days for all!

13 Likes

Grateful for this 21st day sober but I’m hoping in dog years it’s 56 years. Grateful kinda to be starting step two. A higher power has disolved for me over the past year and 1/2. Nothing I’ve seen at work has reassured me of something higher, unless that’s the point. Grateful that I’m about to sleep post shift legit tired from work and not from layers of hangovers and self neglect. Grateful for this place, this forum, ya’ll.

12 Likes

Grateful for this forum, grateful to be alive and sober today.

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful for TS and all the support I receive and especially for this thread of gratitude.
I’m grateful I started my no sugar thread and I sincerely believe it is the reason I’ve been able to go 17 days without any extra sugar. And I feel the support on there is overwhelming.
I’m grateful I got the Ol Burner on my lap.
I wrote this yesterday and liked it. I’m grateful for my wife I’m grateful for my life. Kinda has a nice ring to it. Might want to get use to it now :joy:
I’m grateful that even though it was movie night last night, and someone passed out on the couch :grimacing:and we didn’t get to watch a movie together. I didn’t care. Well I cared. But I didn’t get upset. We can hopefully have movie night tonight.
I’m grateful for my house and home and family and pets.
I’m grateful I had the best Pastor in the world who guided me to God and Jesus Christ back in my early 40’s. Without Pastor Knippa I never would have survived my children’s addictions. He knew what was going on in my life. And some of his Sunday sermons at our fairly large church felt like God was talking directly to me through him. It felt like everybody knows he’s talking about me. :scream: Of course they didn’t. But I just felt some of his sermons were tailored just for me. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
I’m grateful God puts the right people in the right place at the right time.
Gods up there giving me EXACTLY what I need.
I’m grateful to be up early and have this extra time alone.
I’m grateful we can sleep with the windows open and let the cool mountain air in at night.
:pray:t2::heart:

When black clouds come over me
they darken my skies
If its how I look at things
Give me new eyes.
John McAndrew
Give me new eyes.

16 Likes

@Irisees919 oh thankyou so much how lovely of you! :pleading_face:
Yeah kundalini is some really powerful stuff for sure! It’s fab!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

4 Likes

Grateful for a calm and relaxed Sunday. A good meeting…good food…faith… company of my dog. Forthe ability to enjoy the day without alcohol…even now at the end of it when some work anxiety starts to creep in. Grateful to be able to rain thru it and know its just another Monday and it will pass. Grateful to have work though and to be able to get up and go to it. :heartbeat:

15 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for a nice, relaxing weekend. Some time with just my husband. For good movies- I really love movies. I’m grateful that I am using Sunday night to get things prepared for the upcoming week instead of trying to drowned out the thought of work. That never worked, only made things worse. I’m grateful to see a storm passing by, and listening to the thunder from it. I’m grateful for my family, the one here and all of you guys.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you, I had a nice relaxing day. I’m grateful I can be of service to my fellows and that it really does help me. I’m grateful for all my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful that the walking dead is back on t.v. even if i do find it a little creepy sometimes. I’m grateful that I am starting to cook at home just for me, its a big deal, i never felt worthy enough to take the time to cook for just little old me.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are a star so shine bright. Ya you!!

15 Likes