Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude is the air of recovery

Sounds like a great day!

5 Likes

@I.cant.We.can thank you! :blush:

2 Likes

I received this coin tonight at my home groupā€™s birthday meeting. On this (09/27/17) day 4 years ago I made a decision to stop using and drinking and be willing to do whatever it takes to stay clean and sober. I am humbly grateful to Alcoholics Anonymous and Talking Sober, including the multitude of beautiful people here in this community that has played a big part in my sobriety. One day at a time my friends. Much love and respect to all.

20 Likes

Wow!!! :boom::boom::boom::boom:
Way to go Big Ed!
Iā€™m grateful you shared that with us.
Thatā€™s very inspirational. Great job.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Way to go big Ed.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday Ed!!!
3oEduRTWV6VB6LH8lO

6 Likes

Oh man! So much to celebrate on here!

Iā€™m grateful for all the people I looked up to when I first joined, and still look up to now, who just keep leading by exampleā€¦ for @Edmund and his 4 years! @Hoticā€™s 1000 days, and @ChicagoTā€™s 1033 i think? And @Mnoā€™s kicking nicotine 6 years ago which got him to where he is todayā€¦
Iā€™m grateful for all of your posts and words that made me realize (like what @Dolse71 was saying) that we arenā€™t that different, that you had a humble day one too. Iā€™m grateful you shared your milestones today! Puts the wind in these sails :wink:

Iā€™m grateful this Monday is done. Grateful I donā€™t crawl into bottles after long Mondays. Iā€™m grateful for walks through the forest, that being sober heightens my senses - it truly feels like fall has never looked so spectacular!

Iā€™m grateful for all of you gratidudes, and always grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

16 Likes

Wow, what a great achievement! I am so happy for you :tada::confetti_ball::pray:

4 Likes

I am grateful for sobriety today. Grateful to God for guiding me and my life :pray: Im grateful for my dog :paw_prints: my health and the life that i have that contains so many blessings. :tada: for a new day :sunrise_over_mountains: and for being part of this forum. :blush::heart:

11 Likes

OMG 4 years, canā€™t believe you spent a year of that keeping me sober, Thank you and well done. Nice coin BTW, I do love a nice coin :+1::grin:

9 Likes

Today I am grateful for the day off and the opportunity to do some homemaking, take a long bike ride where I can make stops through the town and write, as well as go to a play tonight. I donā€™t really care what the play is even about, I just love theater and will watch anything and I am grateful it is available if vaccinated in masks. I am grateful to have a new appreciation for several things I have taken for granted in the past - one being having the time to cook a nice dinner nightly after work, clean up thoroughly and not have to rush through it all. After almost a year of 2nd shift from home and now switching back to 9-5, I am so grateful for that time to be creative, comprehensive and balanced with our dinners. Since working in fine dining as a college student, I have always loved food presentation, table settings and the experience of a meal. Iā€™ve done my best but I will never take that for granted again. And now Iā€™m not sloshing down wine or beer while cooking which truly took away from the experience as well. Thank you for listeningā€¦gonna change my handle to Shebabbles. Peace to all of you.

13 Likes

Congratulations, 4 years is an amazing accomplishment!

4 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for this app.
Iā€™m grateful for all of my pets in recovery.
This should be moved to number 1: Iā€™m grateful for my recovery.
Iā€™m grateful for my granddaughter.
Iā€™m grateful for my kids.
Iā€™m grateful for my job.
Iā€™m grateful for my customers.
Iā€™m grateful for my paycheck.
Iā€™m grateful for my family.
Iā€™m grateful for my dog.
Iā€™m grateful to be breathing.
Iā€™m grateful for my life.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m sober.
Last and definitely not least, Iā€™m grateful for my higher power.

14 Likes

Absolutely amazing accomplishment!! :tada:

Congratulations friend and thank you for all of your contributions here, I read your daily quotes and posts every day.

8 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God I donā€™t drink.
Iā€™m grateful to God I donā€™t depend on booze.
Iā€™m grateful for this gratitude practice as I woke up in the middle of the night, as usual, to go to the bathroom and was already thinking about what to post here. :thinking: I wish I could remember what it was. :thinking: Iā€™m grateful when I wake up in the middle of the night now, Iā€™m not thinking about all the fuck wad politicians I fucking hate. Seriously that was no way to live.
Iā€™m grateful for all the single clean and sober moms out there, youā€™re such a wonderful example to us, and you and your children are so worth it. God Bless you all :pray:t2: I canā€™t imagine how hard yā€™all work.
Iā€™m grateful for the Ol Burner on my lap.
Iā€™m grateful for that third or fourth BIG slug of coffee, at just the right temperature, that goes down my gullet and really warms my soul. ( morning M :joy:)
Iā€™m grateful for all the rain we got yesterday.
Iā€™m grateful I can treat my self to a pedi this afternoon.
Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t have to cook tonight.
And you know Iā€™m grateful for you!
:pray:t2::heart:

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
Melody Beattie

14 Likes

Very very grateful atm and happy that the husband of a colleague just came by and put the scratching board for the girls on the wall. Might be not high enough but Iā€™ll see that. Very grateful. (I felt some discomfort in being dependent on other people for such type of things)

Grateful I am sober.

Grateful for the calm and relaxing afternoon.

Grateful for this thread, for all the milestones we are here to witness, each day without the poison is a successful day.

Also grateful i found some person on yt do follow some exercises where I donā€™t get bored.

15 Likes

The way I see it Paul is that you spent the last year helping me stay sober and for that I thank you and will be eternally grateful. Thank you for showing me an example of how the program of Alcoholics Anonymous works in oneā€™s life. Much love and respect my friend. :two_hearts:

12 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God for helping me through another day clean and sober. Iā€™m grateful for my recovery. Iā€™m grateful for all my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. Iā€™m grateful that when my stress and anxiety were really raising today I was able to breathe and use the serenity prayer as suggested. Iā€™m grateful I am becoming a determined and dedicated person now, that wasnā€™t always the case. Iā€™m grateful my mother just messaged to tell me not to worry, her Dr. appointment went well :grinning: and that the course I started taking today is supposed to take 8-10 hours not the two I was told, hence me feeling stupid and stressed earlier when I only got part way through it during my two hour appointment. Iā€™m grateful I attended game night at the treatmemt center tonight and got to enjoy some chess, cribbage and poker. Iā€™m grateful that I got to walk about ten kilometers today and had plenty of good music as company. Iā€™m grateful that I am good and tired and can crawl into bed and watch something on Disney or Netflix. Iā€™m grateful to God thank you for loving me and know I love you.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Donā€™t forget to smile and breathe, it feels good. Youā€™re awesome. Ya you!!

14 Likes

Good evening all,
Iā€™m grateful that even though work sucked, I didnā€™t let it consume me. Iā€™m grateful that I just did some Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube today and didnā€™t work out- took a not from Dazercat and listened to my body. Iā€™m grateful that I have my weird dogs that love me so much. Iā€™m grateful that I love them so much.
Iā€™m grateful that I was able to level myself out today- I had very broken sleep last night, woke up to an anxiety nightmare at 3 am and couldnā€™t go back to sleep, over-caffeinated to try to compensate, and generally felt like shit this morning. I felt hungover- headache and anxious and all the stuff that goes with it. It was really unnerving. Iā€™m grateful that I donā€™t drink and so couldnā€™t be hungover. Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t do that anymore.
Iā€™m grateful for beautiful weather today, sunshine, flowers. Iā€™m grateful I have this place, and you guys.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

13 Likes

So sorry Iā€™m late to your party @Edmund.
But huge Congratulations on 4 years!!

yay ballons

9 Likes