Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude is the air of recovery

Grateful for this sober AF morning AF for 18 days. Grateful for actually feeling hopeful this morning and not whiteknuckling it. Grateful for a non tachy heart, no sweats, clear head, no nausea or vomiting, no neuropathy. So grateful for a house still clean the way I left it before I went to bed, not destroyed during a blackout while my husband slept, or hid. Grateful to have a new day ahead to choose sobriety. One day at a time.

13 Likes

Grateful being sober.
Grateful one day until vacation. I so need it.

Something good happened, somehow, i will talk to the responsible person of compounding in our company for the job offer. I already sent her my cv and she asked me to send me an invitation. I am grateful that I donā€™t stress about it too much as I have really nothing to lose. We will see and I am grateful Iā€™ll have this call before vacation so this will be out off my head.

Grateful living in peace.

13 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for the beautiful, solid sleep I had. That I shut off my phone and work phone and any and all screens by 8, walked the dog girl, and tucked in early with a book. Way better than uncorking a bottle while re-writing the day in my head, me spewing newly composed lines that I could never deliver in real life (and keep my job!) at colleagues.

Iā€™m grateful I understand my needs better. Now that Iā€™m (mostly) back at the office, and (423 days) sober, Iā€™m gonna go back to morning gratitude. First, Iā€™m so tired when evening comes! But second, I truly need to set the tone of the day in the morning. If I donā€™t, by the time noon comes Iā€™m that girl :point_up_2:, dreaming of losing my sh*t at people.

Iā€™m grateful for people in my life who understand me. For the belly laughs with a colleague yesterday. For my ex who called about an unrelated matter and let me speed rant for 3 mins (lets face it, heā€™s heard me rant before!). For Brianā€™s words: none of us here know our old selves either! I only know you all as deeply grateful, intentional, beautiful people - sober pals - with whom to share this journey and all its fruits and curve balls. Grateful for you.

Iā€™m grateful my head is in a new space this morning. Itā€™s Fall here - just around the corner. My favourite season. The true ā€œnew yearā€! I always start a new journal. Maybe new markers too. The leaves are turning and the morning air is fresh. Time to enjoy the abundance of summer and ready oneself for the change of seasons. A good way to live, I think - squarely in today with an eye on tomorrow. And sober for sure.

I am grateful for today, another day. :orange_heart:

13 Likes

Good evening, all.
Iā€™m indulging in a second gratitude post today because I feel like I havenā€™t been able to give this my full attention recently. This is since Iā€™ve returned to work after my long summer holiday. My posts have been shorter, which Iā€™m sure isnā€™t an issue for you - but Iā€™m feeling it. Shorter posts mean less reflection, which means less gratitude, and as @Dazercat has related, gratitude is the most important thing in our lives at the moment.
Iā€™m grateful for so many things. Grateful for my brand new life. EVERYTHING is different. Everything is more enjoyable. Without the poison in it, my brain is able to feel enjoyment in a much more nuanced way. I am able to get joy out of the simplest of things. I had no idea that drink was depriving me of that. Now that Iā€™ve found it, I donā€™t want to let it go.
Being sober gives me a greater appreciation of my family and the love I have for them. Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™ve always been a loving husband and father - but itā€™s so much better now. I see them and they see me with so much more clarity without everything being cloudy and fuzzy. I am so grateful for that. Iā€™m also grateful that I can be a positive non-drinking role model for my kids as they approach the time in their lives when they will be tested and tempted by substances of all kinds. Sober role models are few and far between here. Iā€™m grateful that they are proud of me in this aspect of my life. They, like me, canā€™t believe that I have gone 235 days without drinking.
I mention it regularly - so regularly that I fear it may be viewed as just something I say, rather than something that I really mean - but I am so grateful for all of your shares. This thread means a lot to me.
Iā€™m grateful to be in on @I.cant.We.can Brianā€™s news (hope that goes well) as well as his day to day reflections. Iā€™m grateful for @Its_me_Stellaā€™s raw, honest and blindingly self aware posts here and elsewhere. Iā€™m grateful for @M-be-free49ā€™s poetic yet incredibly insightful musings. Iā€™m grateful for Ericā€™s commitment to this thread and this whole idea - not to mention his passionate cussing. It always makes me smile. You, more than anyone else, have made me see the value in gratitude.
I hate picking out individuals because I want to pick everyone out - which is impossible. Iā€™m grateful to know that you all know that.
Iā€™m grateful that I get to go to bed now in my comfortable apartment and that when I get up tomorrow Iā€™ll go to my pleasant, if sometimes challenging job.
Iā€™m grateful that just doing this and writing my thoughts down has brought me to a calmer and more relaxed place. Anxiety has been hanging around since Iā€™ve returned to work, which is what made me recognise that I havenā€™t been giving my conscious gratitude the attention it deserves.
Goodnight all. It has become bedtime whilst Iā€™ve been writing.

13 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God Iā€™m a sober person. AND I LIKE IT!!
Iā€™m grateful for the warm loud chonky purrfest on my lap.
Iā€™m grateful for my morning routine.
Iā€™m grateful to be flexible when my morning routine is broken like yesterday.
Iā€™m grateful I didnā€™t wake up with a headache and my back doesnā€™t hurt. Just stiff.
Iā€™m grateful my wife and I are really enjoying our TV shows at night. And that most of the late night talk show guys are on vacation.
Iā€™m grateful to be up nice and early this morning.
Iā€™m grateful itā€™s a workout day at the fitness center.
Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t start drinking at lunchtime and miserably try and power my way through the day.
Iā€™m grateful I can always talk on the phone with my children or drive without worrying if Iā€™m drunk or not.
Iā€™m grateful I never have to think Iā€™ll trim the cats nails when I havenā€™t been drinking. Now I got no excuses. :smirk_cat:
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m listening to my body more.
Iā€™m grateful for all your gratitude. And combined with mine we got a whole hell of a lot to be grateful for.
Amen
:pray:t2::heart:

Donā€™t waste your time thinking about what you could have done differently. Keep your eyes on the road ahead and do it differently now.
Karen Salmansohn

12 Likes

Damn it Tony. šŸ„² I didnā€™t think I was going to start the day off with my eyes welled up with tears of gratitude from a guy out in Asia somewhere. Singapore? Bless you. And now my wife who is getting up is going to wonder why I got tears in my eyes. :grimacing:
Ahh itā€™s a fucking worth it. As long as weā€™re sober.
Iā€™m grateful for your passionate gratitude list. Youā€™re a gratitude warrior man.
Iā€™m so grateful this practice works.
:pray:t2::heart:

9 Likes

Yep. I got a zoom call in 6 mins and Iā€™m a sappy, nose-runny mess. Grateful for our Singapore Tony and his deep well of gratitude! :orange_heart:

8 Likes

Grateful to have woken up to some deep gratitude. Love it when I can feel peopleā€™s words.
I missed my gratitude yesterday but I had a lot to be grateful forā€¦ the massage I had, the time I spent with my kiddo where I was 100% present and clear minded, the gentle guidance I recieved from fellow addicts when I felt torn.
I am grateful to be learning balance and what that feels like. Itā€™s not very comfortable and I tend to over think it, trying to put things in certain places I feel they need to be. ā€œLet go!ā€ I have to remind myself all the time to let go. I am grateful for small sayings like. ā€œLet go Let godā€. I am grateful for the NA step working guide and all the addicts who worked so hard to put that together. It has helped so many addicts recover, imagine being a part of thatā€¦ I am grateful that I will be a speaker at a recovery house in the next few months. 16 years ago when I cleaned up I was ready to share my story, I had ā€œrisen from the ashesā€. Little did I know that there was a sequel already in production, that my story wasnā€™t quite ready to be told. All things happen at the right time and this is the time for me. I am grateful my new sponsee put in the effort and checked in last night, I am looking forward to seeing her and building more love and support around her tonight. Forever grateful to have been eased of the constant obsession to use drugs, and I am just as grateful for every other addict who is in my life. You all keep me clean.

:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

14 Likes

Grateful to have finally had a vivid dream free night last night and waking up reasonably refreshed
Grateful for my supportive friends and family through this process (I know they get tired of hearing about it)
Grateful to have a wonderful German Shephard whose an ever shinning light even on my darkest days
Grateful to have my health and mental clarity
Grateful to understand what ā€œunder any and all circumstancesā€ means for my recovery (finally)

13 Likes

I volunteer to rent a gratidude van at the airport.
:minibus:

10 Likes

You are amazing.
:orange_heart:

4 Likes

Back at you my friend. Congratulations for the opportunity at the recovery house. I know youā€™re gonna crush it. Grateful for you.

5 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God thank you for helping me have a nice day of being present, vulnerable, usefull, clean and sober. Iā€™m grateful that my emotional hangover is lifting. Iā€™m grateful that I allowed myself to go back to sleep for a little extra time this morning. Iā€™m grateful that we have turned this gratitude thread into a community that has, in my opinion, the capability to save lives (no doubt it has helped save mine), I will continue to encourage people to join us. Iā€™m grateful that we have members around the globe, so cool.
Iā€™m grateful that I made plans with my sponsee today to start meeting tuesdays at 1 in the afternoon to discuss our week and work steps. Iā€™m grateful I got a message of thanks from Kelley today for us being trustworthy and forgiving towards eachother and that she had fun. Iā€™m grateful for lots of communication with my Mom and that she emailed last night to inform me one of my cousins is pregnant with a second child :heart: Iā€™m grateful that Mom shared that it was five years ago now that she had her brain tumor removed, what a miracle. Iā€™m grateful that she has forgiven me for not being there at the time.
Iā€™m grateful to go make a late night snack now and wind down.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Thank you for all the shout outs and support. You rock. Ya you!!

13 Likes

For those a little more atheistically or agnostically inclined, ā€œLet go, or get draggedā€. We can do anything we want in sobriety, only now we are aware of the consequences.

8 Likes

Good evening all,
Today Iā€™m grateful for the ability to handle a school situation with my son- I was calm and able to listen through the problem, and come to an agreement of action with the school, then was able to calmly but firmly talk with my son and get him to a point where he could continue on with the day. These kind of incidents used to completely unglue me, and as a result him. As heā€™s gotten older they happen less and less, and we are handling them better when they do. Iā€™m beyond grateful for that. Iā€™m grateful that even though I was very tired when I got home from work, I was able to keep a promise made to my daughter, and help her put up LED lights in her room- she loves themšŸ˜Š. Iā€™m grateful that I am able to do these things with and for my kids.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

13 Likes

Thank you so much! Iā€™m so happy to have found this community. It was such a pleasant surprise and meant to be that I found this during a day that was not the best. So much love and light to everyone who is a part of this journey!

12 Likes

Grateful to be alive and sober. Grateful for a week off uni. Grateful for a roof over my head, fresh water, food. Grateful for friends and people to talk to. Greatful Iā€™m ganna do a workout now even though I laid in bed all day. Grateful I can feel myself going down a bad road mentally and physically as that self awareness prompts me to make some changes.

15 Likes

I am grateful I made it through an evening out with other drinkers while remaining sober. It was a great day.

13 Likes

Iā€™m grateful this morning for my sobriety. I am grateful to wake up and be alive and healthy. Iā€™m grateful for all the blessings I have in my life but youā€™re so many I canā€™t even count them home, food, car, job, this forumā€¦the list is just endless. Things that I have taken for granted in past and realize that I should not. Iā€™m grateful for Friday mornings, for weekends to come, the ability to enjoy life in a sober sense keeping it drama free. And for the ability to walk in faith that makes this possible :pray: :sunrise_over_mountains::cherry_blossom:

12 Likes

This morning I am grateful for my sonā€™s enthusiasm, excitement and happiness, and grateful he asked for a gym membership so as to workout with friends and stay active. I am grateful for a full and productive day at the nursery and my regular job. I will do my best to be grateful for the bird that just pooped on my head when I was taking the dogs out. :grimacing: :grin: I am grateful for this forum and thread and wish yā€™all peaceful days.

13 Likes