Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

For Spotify, for making me new playlists every Monday and Friday with new music that it assumes I’ll like based on my liked songs, it usually gets it pretty spot on.

For music, TV shows, and movies, for making me feel . They reach me in places I haven’t figured out how to access myself. Someone getting their ‘newcomer’ keytag last Tuesday at the CA meeting reached me in those places too, my eyes watered briefly, it’s only usually briefly, the tears, but it shows me I’m still capable of feeling.

For feelings, even when they are intensely painful. I don’t want to be numb anymore. Did I actually just type that? Well, so there it is.

For weather, for nature knowing what it needs, and for the Sun and the atmosphere providing it.

For the weekly discounted coffee that I walked out to redeem today.

For becoming more conscious of when I’m walking too fast and doing damage to my feet, for slowing down each time I become aware. I’ve always walked really fast ever since I was a child, so this is taking a long time to (un)learn.

For feeling more compassion towards myself today than hate (re ED).

For progress.

For my two cats, and everyone else’s cats :heart_eyes_cat: (yes, I’ve used all my :yellow_heart:s on the ‘where my cat people?’ thread today :smile_cat:).

For the TS forum, and all of the healing and growth we are doing, together .

Thank you.

:blue_heart:

18 Likes

I am grateful I got to see my beautiful, sweet granny this weekend. I’m grateful she is up and walking after falling off a ladder panting. I’m grateful she kept saying how happy I looked. Sobriety gma :yellow_heart:
I’m grateful a seagull literally shit on my shoulder yesterday. And I took it as the best omen ever. I’m grateful I look at most things as good omens now. I’m grateful for the kindness of strangers. I’m grateful when I asked if I could thank her for her kindness with a hug she said yes. I’m grateful that connection through an act of kindness with a random person fills me with so much love and gratitude. I feel so full. I’m grateful for my best friend. I’m grateful through all our ups and downs we have never judged one another. I’m grateful we feel safe enough to open up to one another. Even when it’s messy. Especially when it’s messy. I’m grateful I’m proud of who I’m becoming. I’m grateful @Dazercat thought of me before he went out to eat last night. I’m grateful for the happiness I feel daily. I’m grateful that I’ve been making good decisions and it’s turning my life around in the best ways possible.

I will catch up here tomorrow. Lots to catch up on. Love you all gratidudes💛

19 Likes

I have never done this before but I understand it can be very valuable based on my research. I am new to this and I am excited to have 8 days sober from alcohol today.

I’m grateful to be alive. I’m at the age where I’ve seen some of my friends taken down by cancer, heart attacks, car accidents, over doses etc. I am grateful I am still on this earth.

I’m grateful for my kids. They are amazing little humans and being their dad is amazing.

I’m grateful for my job. It allows me to provide a nice life for my family.

I’m grateful to have music in my life. Music has gotten me through so much. It’s great to be making music again with my old friends.

I’m grateful for my health. Given all the foolish things I’ve done, I’m still in pretty good health. I just have some weight to lose. And I’m doing that.

I’m grateful for my pets. They are all pretty cool and make me happy. I like animals and they help teach my children responsibility.

I am grateful for my knowledge and experience. I’ve learned a lot over the years and I feel lucky to have had the experiences I’ve had.

I’m grateful for my wife. Even though we are having trouble now, she’s given me my kids and we’ve had a lot of great years together.

I’m grateful for my home. I feel comfortable here. It’s a safe place for my family to live.

I’m grateful for this community. It has been very helpful to me. I’ve learned a lot and there are some great people here. What a fantastic resource.

I’m grateful I finally decided to stop drinking.

19 Likes

I’m grateful for my awareness of those around me.
For accepting what is and what isn’t and that I have no control except over myself.
For the heart God has renewed in me that’s set on Victory and not victim-hood.
For the Pastor and worship team that continually set my heart ablaze with hope and passion for life and righting my wrongs.
For the sunny day today.
For new people I get to take a part in their lives.
For the conversation I had with my children this evening.
For the future conversation I’ll have with my oldest son when he decides he is ready.
For the hurts I still have and the times I get to spend in humility and self -reflection.
For my willingness to love and be loved these days.
For the vision I’ve been given for the non-profit coming soon.
For this app and all the shares.

God bless :pray:

16 Likes

I’m grateful for getting an opportunity to start over again.
I’m grateful for new days.
I’m grateful to still be here.

16 Likes

Congrats on your 8 days Lunchbox.
You’ve landed on a great thread. Your research on gratitude is correct. It is a very valuable tool and my most important strongest tool. My first few weeks here, over 2 years ago, all I did was gratitude lists. Every morning I start my day right here. I have not missed a day yet.

I get pretty excited when people learn about gratitude. It really works for me.
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

14 Likes

I couldn’t sleep without doing this, today was a great quiet day and it filled my heart a lot, I saw many people on the forum celebrating their days, weeks, months, years of being clean and sober I am very grateful for that, for reading them and motivate me with it, thank you very much to all those who make up this community, I haven’t been in for a long time and these days that I have been more attentive to the TS it has filled my heart and has given me a lot of light, for each of you who take your time to read, to support, to share thank you very much. today the flame and my desire to be clean and sober has been recharged a lot since I did service in a long time and I am grateful.

:pray:

• Today I am grateful for continuing to push myself out of my comfort zone by getting out of bed, exercising, and taking a shower.

+Today I am grateful for dedicating time to my recovery, for attending a meeting and sharing what I live.

+Today I am grateful for the love of my family, for one more day of life and the blessing that their health is.

+Today I am grateful that my mind was not negative, I did not have suicidal thoughts, and I felt useful.

+Today I am grateful that I can see, I can speak and I can hear.

+Today I am grateful for the food I ate today, control anxiety and improve my habits.

+Today I am thankful that I can kiss Dad on the forehead and tell him I love him. And don’t forget to write to my mom that I love her too.

+Today I am grateful that I feel calm before sleeping.

Good night friends. just for today I have not consumed.

19 Likes

Today I’m so grateful my parents made it safely here yesterday and we have been having a lovely lovely visit together. I’m grateful they could make the trek up here and that there are perfect breaks in the weather for their drive here and (fingers crossed) back again. It’s looking good. I’m grateful that even though the weather front that blew through like a menace had my head in a twist last night and today I wasn’t totally debilitated and could be present with them, we had plenty of good conversation and laughs watching some stand-up specials together. I’m grateful for their support and love.

Grateful for TS and that I can take time to focus on family knowing this community is here when I have time. :heartpulse: Grateful for my TS amigos.

22 Likes

Morning,
Today I’m grateful for my shift in mindset. I’ve no desire to drink, I can see no benefit to my life if I do. I don’t feel like I’m depriving myself, because I’m not.
I’m grateful for literature and podcasts and forums and books and websites and online meetings. I’m reading and listening and learning and changing.
I’m grateful for recommendations from people here, there’s so much good advice on what to read and listen to. It helps to know that its helped others too.
I’m grateful for my woodburner because my electric has literally just gone off as I’m typing with all this wind here in Cheshire, England. At least I’ll be able to make a cup of tea.
Have a great day x

19 Likes

Good morning, I am grateful:-

• for a lovely weekend
  • for having a roof over my head, food and warmth, it could have all been so different
  • for not dreading work
  • for books, podcasts, and all the free resources available
  • for pay day on Friday, I am broke, but I paid all my bills, and some money off my credit card debt, the first month of budgeting and I stuck to it.
    Always greatful for here
    :blue_heart::orange_heart::green_heart:
20 Likes

Grateful that when I worry about mistakes or celebrate getting away with a mistake I don’t reach for a bottle
Grateful for my kids and their music interests
Grateful for husband making omochi for dessert
Grateful to get book review drafts in
Grateful to help a friend

20 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful to have a job that provides the home we live in, cars we drive, and much more. I’m grateful that if work sucks today, I can accept it and move on, tomorrow is a new day. I’m gonna try not to let it suck though. I’m grateful the sunrise was beautiful this morning. I’m grateful I got to say good morning to all of my family before leaving for work. I’m grateful for hope and possibilities.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

20 Likes

I’m grateful, that even though I didn’t wake up thinking gratitude this morning, I can find some easy enough. Like looking up at the ponderosa pines and seeing the top half of them half brightly lit up as the sun rises behind me and the bottom half of them a very dark green where the sun hasn’t touched them yet.
Grateful Benson is keeping my lap warm.
I’m grateful my last bag of coffee beans I opened this morning is my favorite Guatemalan beans. My coffee company only gets them seasonally so I will be savoring the taste and the memories of my time in Guatemala working for God. And all the beautiful people I met there. And even all the hardship and suffering and death I got to be a part of. And realize how spoiled I really am in life. Talk about living one day or one hour at a time. For some people that’s all they know. They don’t have the choice to look forward. They can only live in the present.

Im grateful I have so much coming up this year it can be terrifying to think about it all at once. Im grateful I can change my thinking to what I got to do today about it. And today. Currently. Nothing. I’m grateful to be in that kind of a holding pattern. I’m grateful I have a home to hunker down in with the storm coming in and the cold and wind. I’m grateful I can just ride it out in comfort. God Willing. :pray:t2:

Im grateful I finally to get have my Pilates trainer again today. I’m grateful I have my own reformer for when it’s too cold and icy out to power walk. I’m grateful I’ll cancel my new chiropractor and not worry the next couple of days if the weather will prevent me from going or should I tough it out and go. I’m grateful I don’t have “tough it out” about things anymore.

Im grateful for the fun outing my wife and I had yesterday trying to find lunch in a small rinky dink town in AZ and then going to the Deer Farm to feed and pet and look at the rescues that they take care of. And then a nice dinner at the club because we were too tired and wanted to stretch our dinners at home to get through the storm. I’m Grateful I didn’t drink yesterday and I did not have cocktails for dinner and I did not pass out during the show I was watching on tv.
Im grateful after a nice day I was still sober and popping in and out of Twitter and TS and Zillow instead of opening a 3rd or 4th bottle of wine that I wouldn’t have needed. So I’m grateful I don’t have a crushing headache this morning.

I’m grateful TS, especially y’all, help keep me sober daily.
:pray:t2::heart:

Grateful: Find Peace, Mindfulness and Conscious Purpose By Being Grateful For What You Have In Your Life.
Clarke A Katz
I think it’s an audio book :thinking:
But it sounds like a great quote.

22 Likes

I’m grateful for those few people who truly get me.

I’m grateful little chicklet’s birthday party was a big success. She was a grumpster until everyone left. Too many kiddos and excitement :upside_down_face:

18 Likes

OMG. So precious :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:
I’m grateful for the Berenstain Bears books we use to read to our children. They would make good recovery books.

10 Likes

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face: Those were her dad’s favorite books. The one thing I never gave away in all the moves I’ve made is our collection of books. I’m grateful I held onto them. :nerd_face:

9 Likes

I am grateful that today is Monday.
I am grateful my headache was not caused by alcohol.
I am grateful that my daughter is a quiet person.
I am grateful for the idea of holding sadness tenderly, like a flower. It helps when you don’t try to fight it or crush it, to just breathe through it.

20 Likes

I’m grateful that maybe finally our collection of childrens books, 2 or 3 boxes :scream: can be shipped to Dallas soon. We’ve lugged them all over the southwest. Love the BB books. I’m grateful for Hank The Cowdog :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you for loving me and know I love you. I’m grateful for recovery, including mine. I’m grateful for All my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for emails from my Mom. I’m grateful it’s warmer outside today. I’m grateful for music and creativity. I’m grateful for humor and laughter. I’m grateful for my job. I’m grateful to see @Dazercat and @Its_me_Stella typing, Eric loved the deer photos and your yellow hat and shoes are great. @Its_me_Stella congrats on becoming a moderator thanks for your service and for my recovery. I’m grateful for the principles learned from my family, school and church early in life and that they are reinforced now through the twelve steps.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are a star, shine bright. Ya you!!

19 Likes

Today I’m grateful for my cozy home. I love to be at home. Grateful for the delicious beetroot soup I cooked and shared with my mum today, we both love beetroots. Grateful my husband made it to his seminar week without being troubled by the heavy winds. Grateful for a long nap with the cats in the afternoon. Grateful I watched my favourite quizshow today, I miss it most days. It was fun. Grateful I soon will be in bed :blush:

16 Likes