Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

Good morning, Iā€™ve been procrastinating on my gratitude list ever since I got back from vacation, and the disease of addiction doesnā€™t take a vacation.

• Today I am grateful for getting up early, having slept the necessary hours and being sober, breathing calm, connection with my family, my friends, my recovery partners, with myself, with life, with GOD.

• Today I am grateful for everything that is revealed daily, for this new way of loving myself and others, learning to be compassionate and humble.

• Today I am grateful for the health of my parents and my siblings for working on my relationship with them, talking more with them even when I want to isolate myself.

• Today I am grateful for what my higher power gives me Today, what I need and can handle, I am grateful to discover that the will of my higher power always favors me even if sometimes I donā€™t understand it or donā€™t want to let go of the reins.

• Today I am grateful for this new stage of my recovery process in starting a sentimental relationship, learning to manage my emotions, always vigilant and grateful.

• Today I am grateful to work on my seventh tradition, that I am not a leech and I can put a plate of food on my table and pay rent.

• Today I am grateful for the blessings that come, for the addicts who receive the message, for the colleagues who strive to stay clean, and for the faith and hope of those who are yet to reach a group or a rehabilitation center .

• Today I am grateful for taking action on my recovery, working and writing my steps, for taking the time to make this list and share it, for living honestly and asking myself the right questions in my moments of frustration.

Today just for Today I am grateful that I am clean and do not need to use thanks to the compassion and love of my higher power.

good morning blessings to all

18 Likes

I am grateful for coffee, friends, nature, paddle boarding, and peaceful mornings :blush:

13 Likes

Paddleboarding ahhhhhhhhh-going Kayaking in june-4 nights 5 days on the Lake in Big Bear Vacaaaaaa whuuwhuuuut. Im smiling at your post. First time I got sober i went kayaking theough little naples and it was its own kind of wonderful to go from wanting to die to wow what.Is.This.Here! Thank you for sharing!!!

6 Likes

Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m still here :wink:
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m sober.
Iā€™m grateful for all the people that think Iā€™ve helped them. Yā€™all have helped me so much to stay sober.
Iā€™m grateful we can all be in this together.
Iā€™m grateful for all the young people on this journey, almost envious. Yes envious of yā€™all. I donā€™t really have any regrets from my past. But I do wish I had the courage to have started my sober journey earlier. Iā€™m grateful I also know I cannot change that. But you guys are the fucken Warriors!!! Go out there and change the world. Seriously, you guys rock!! Iā€™m grateful my kids are clean and sober. As a parent I know their struggle and so dang proud of them. And because they are clean and sober, they are living a great life.

Iā€™m grateful for all my Alice time.
Iā€™m grateful Minnieā€™s meds shipped overnight. I hope we get them today so I can start her on them tomorrow morning. Iā€™m grateful Minnie still loves her walks in the morning. The rest of the day is kind of a struggle watching her. But she loves her walks.
Oh here she comes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m grateful she came over for a pet.
Iā€™m grateful we have a signed contract on the condo. Now we wait 10-12 days for contingencies to go away. Iā€™m grateful weā€™re near the end of our other contract and we should close Monday. No reason not too.
Iā€™m grateful when all this is over I found out Phoenix has about 6-8 non stop flights to Dallas and LAX so if the pets are good, we can visit our children easily more often. Iā€™m grateful I miss my grown up children and want to see them so badly. And Baby G! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Iā€™m grateful thereā€™s a great vet 11 minutes from the house and they do boarding too. They come highly recommended from 2 or 3 people Iā€™ve met. And theyā€™ll be able to give Alice and Minnie their meds when we travel. Iā€™m grateful for all the work Iā€™ve done planning this as calmly and sober, and hangover free, as ( I hate to say should) life should be. I guess ā€œLife on Lifeā€™s Terms.ā€ Not a slogan I use but a damn good one.
Grateful for yā€™all.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

Life itself is a
privilege, But to
live life to the
fullest - Well, that
Is a choice

Andy Andrews

15 Likes

Enjoy your time in Big Bear!! I grew up going there all the time, itā€™s so fun :blush:

3 Likes

Good morning family :sun_with_face:

I am grateful that my life is bursting at the seams with fullness.
I am grateful for the 34 years of NA that were celebrated last night as an oldtimer took his cake. I am grateful that the meeting format last night was changed so that he shared for the whole meeting. Listening to his experience, strength and hope wasā€¦ well it brought me to tears and I could have listened to him forever.
I am grateful to call him my friend and to know that I can meet him for walks and that he will share his message with me whenever we spend time together.
I am grateful for the new man in my life who is so thoughtful and caring. Who makes me feel safe and cherished. I have never felt cherished before and itā€™s all I want to feel now.
I am grateful that a package I mailed to South Africa made it to my friend with all of its items inside! The mail crime is fierce thereā€¦
I am grateful that there is another cake tonight celebrating 5 years of clean time, taken by a young lady who is a new mumma. She is my Friday walking buddy and I just adore her. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I am grateful for my cousin and the fact that she went to rehab 16 years ago, then stayed clean by getting active in NA. She was the perfect role model for me and the right person for me to keep my focus on. All of those years I was suffering in my relapse, without knowing it, she kept my hope alive.

:orange_heart::seedling::dizzy:

19 Likes

Love the owls up there, the feel of the air all of it.

3 Likes

Can you suggest a scenic path for hikingā€¦like w a view at the end of it or part of it? Also- the best tasteful place to eat dinner?

1 Like

Irises are one of my favorites! Thank you for relocating the slugs. I have memories of hanging out with my farmer grandpa and he would squish bugs and it caused me distress, even as young as I was. They all have a place.

5 Likes

Grateful that I feel and sense calm. Grateful that I simply am. Grateful that I can treat myself with loving kindness today so that I can be present and grateful to those around me. Grateful that I donā€™t have to feel pressurized and out of my mind- because there are resources to wrap myself in.

9 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m in Cheshire. So funny about your pheasants, I can picture them having a bout!

5 Likes

Brian- this is HUGE! I so appreciate reading about your positive progress. Keep moving forward and Godspeed!

4 Likes

Iā€™m scared right now due to employment related issues, but I know that I MUST MAINTAIN GRATITUDE.
Iā€™m grateful for Godā€™s presence in my lifeā€¦
For the support of my wifeā€¦
For legal employment contractsā€¦
For Hope of a better vocational callingā€¦
For Faith in the power of prayerā€¦
For my Mom, whom I need to call and provide her with my update.

11 Likes

Its going to be so badass when you look back and say so glad I hung in there because ā€œnow look.ā€ Thank you for your share because it made me grateful I did hang in there this last week and even though the details are differing, it was fear as well. You (we together through tons of support ) got this my dude. :call_me_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Feeling calmā€¦safeā€¦accomplished. Lol rest is actually rest now and not flippin left - right, left, face down face up, angry exhale n whaaaathaaaa fffffff kinda rest. Worked hard enough to earn a random nap today and this pillow just lands so different now. #Gratitude

7 Likes

Oh my! I wish I could see that scene. Lovely.

2 Likes

Good evening all,
Iā€™m grateful for a pretty good day at work. Iā€™m grateful that my son decided to work out when I got home, and motivated me to also. Iā€™m grateful my kids are getting along right now- itā€™s fun to listen to them chatting with each other. Iā€™m grateful for my pups who are so sweet and loving.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

12 Likes

I am grateful I went to the interview yesterday. I still have a flight reflex in these situations.
I am grateful itā€™s only 3 days this week at work.
I am grateful I had a call with my mom yesterday. Somehow itā€™s better with her atm. I donā€™t know the exact reason. I try to understand some of her comments better also with understanding our national history.
I am always happy to see Dora and Paula play or fight. You donā€™t here anything. itā€™s fĆ¼r against fluffy fur.

I am grateful for my bikes and almost 2 years without a car here. Freedom and more patience.

17 Likes

Morning,
Iā€™m grateful that I didnā€™t drink yesterday or want to.
Iā€™m grateful to be on a healthy path at the moment. Initially I ate so much sugar and junk but that has levelled off now and Iā€™m beginning to see a difference. Iā€™m grateful that the differences Iā€™m noticing spurs me on to keep it up.
Thanks to everyone here :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Iā€™m grateful itā€™s Daisyā€™s turn on my lap. Iā€™ve missed her warm purry chonkiness on my lap :smiley_cat:
Iā€™m grateful my grandcat Boo made it through her dental surgery yesterday and pray the biopsy comes back negative. Iā€™m grateful my niece/daughter is in the process of rescuing an injured outdoor orange cat, and acclimating it to vets and indoor life. And theyā€™ve named it ā€œOrange City.ā€ Iā€™m grateful the apple doesnā€™t fall far from the tree. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ve been through that hell and the reward sitting on my lap purring and bashing me made it soooo worth it. Iā€™m grateful we can encourage her and help her with vet bills.
Iā€™m grateful for kind people that take care of animals.

Iā€™m grateful for my coffee.

Iā€™m grateful for all the good stress and chaos going on in my life right now and how Iā€™m handling it sober. Iā€™m grateful for recovery slogans. Especially ones I donā€™t use much but itā€™s exactly what Iā€™m doing. ā€œSlow and Steady.ā€ Thatā€™s never been my style. ā€œSlow and Steady,ā€ :thinking: itā€™s kinda nice :blush:
Iā€™m grateful I listened to my body yesterday and didnā€™t push myself to exercise or power walk. I did an afternoon medi :wink: and it put me out :zzz::zzz: for almost 2 hours :scream:. I guess I needed it.
Iā€™m grateful the affects from my second booster didnā€™t make me sick but could have explained the blahā€¦ā€¦urghā€¦ā€¦feelings yesterday along with the stress. And Iā€™m grateful I didnā€™t try and power through it.

Iā€™m grateful Minnieā€™s pills did come in yesterday and I got her started on them today. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m proactive and already got her next bloodwork appointment and ultrasound as they book up really fast around here.

Iā€™m grateful during all this stress of moving and buying and selling and nursing 2 geriatric pets my wife and I work together like a well oiled machine. Iā€™m truly grateful for the lady I married almost 39 years ago. Iā€™m grateful for the exciting life with all its adventures, hardships and rewards and more new adventures ahead with her. Iā€™m grateful for another slogan I might want to use with her ā€œeasy does it.ā€ I know both those slogans been around awhile. Itā€™s time to use them in this new phase of my recovery.
Easy does it, Gratidudes, slow and steady. :blush:
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

When Iā€™m trying to hard to change things, when I forget to let goā€”when I demand too much, too soon, of myself and others, Iā€™ll ask God to remind me that Easy Does It.
ODAAT In Alanon

16 Likes