Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

I’m grateful to be clean and sober this month.
I’m grateful my anxiety wasn’t worse than it was today.
A good lazy day, and a good walk in the snow.
Grateful I did not binge eat this month.
Grateful for my Hunny, family and friends and for the Gratidudes!!
I hope we all have another pleasant 24. :raised_hands::hugs::heart:

13 Likes

Tonight, I’m grateful for the day I had. Didn’t go according to plan, but was far more restful and heartful, catching up with people on the phone, puttering, letting myself not get it all done.

I’m grateful that everyday is a chance to see the serenity prayer in action, to live it, to surrender to it. Hopefully willfully.

I’m grateful for winter, the invitation it is to “go within”. I’m grateful even for the cold, that it has slowed the busy-ness of the season. I’m grateful for my parka, my warm mitts. I’m grateful for the crisp white of the snow, so much snow, and my visible breath. I’m grateful for my toasty warm indoors.

I’m grateful for the tough shares on here - @Dan531 with his mother-in-law, and @Salty with her brother. I’m so sorry that you each have such pain, but sharing it shows me how we/I can get through these things, and come out stronger in sobriety and recovery. I’m grateful for all the Gratidudes, this thread, and the support of this forum.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

15 Likes

Grateful that I found the thread again :see_no_evil:
I am grateful to be sober. This was the first and last Christmas sober in family. I am glad it is over. I am glad it is calm now.
I am grateful I more or less spoke openly to my mom and I am even more grateful she didn’t just fire back.
I am grateful to be sober. I have to repeat this because there were moments I thought to myself the last days: ahhh, this you can only survive drunk.
I am grateful for a wonderful afternoon /evening at my friend’s house.
I am happy I had a calm evening with my mother last night watching bohemian rhapsody. I have no idea why I haven’t seen it. It was just great.

I am grateful I go home tomorrow to see Dora and Paula. My friend wrote me the the black one (Paula :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) is purring all the time. I bet. She underpetted. I’ll take care of that tomorrow. :innocent:

I am grateful for another day. I am grateful for yoga. I am happy I could help my mom with some digital problems although I am also only like trial and error type of person. I am happy we got her an amazon fire tv stick yesterday so I will be off to the map doing my morning yoga on a big screen.

I am grateful some wise person started this thread and that I find my way back quite regularly.

16 Likes

Gratitude
I’m grateful everyday for my two beautiful children that keep me going.
I’m grateful for having a roof over my head and not being homeless.
I’m grateful I’m sober and not using drugs or sex to escape reality.
I’m grateful I’ve got food in the fridge to feed us.
I’m grateful for living in a country that allows me to be free.
I’m grateful for finding this community.
I’m grateful for my health even though I’m struggling with severe depression.
I’m grateful for my hands that can crate beautiful objects.
I’m grateful to be alive today.

16 Likes

This is exactly how I feel about winter. Thank you for putting it into words so beautifully. :snowflake::heart:

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful to be able to come here each and every morning to do my gratitude list.
I’m grateful I didn’t step in dog shit this morning.
I’m grateful Benson is weighing heavily on my lap :grimacing:
I’m grateful we get a break from the rain today. I think.
I’m grateful I have a chiropractor appointment today. I’m grateful I love my chiropractor here, I wish he’d move to Flagstaff. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I’m grateful that this adventure out here isn’t as much fun as I hoped for, which will make it easier to let go.
I’m grateful for Minnie’s beautiful face.
I’m grateful I fixed the fireplace yesterday and that it was just the batteries in one of the boxes.
I’m grateful for my walk to the grocery store in the rain yesterday to pick up a few things, and said batteries.
I’m grateful to be in a place I can walk to get almost everything I could need.
I’m grateful for ODAAT. That’s the only thing that really works for me on this journey. That and gratitude. And of course not picking up that first fucking drink. I just can’t. I’m grateful I know how many drinks that first fucking drink is. At my age, and with no tolerance now, that many drinks literally could kill me. I’m grateful that’s my reality. I’m grateful I’m terrified by it.
Love y’all.
:pray:t2::heart:

"A wise old man was talking to a boy and said. “There are two wolves always fighting inside me. One filled with anger, hate, jealousy, shame and lies.
The other wolf is filled with love, joy, truth and peace.
This battle rages inside of you and all men”
The boy thought for a moment and asked “Which wolf will win?”
The old man answered
"The one you feed"

No idea who said this.

21 Likes

I’m Grateful for a good night’s sleep.
I’m grateful to not be hungover, or still drunk from the night before. That was usually how it was. Still drunk. Hangovers don’t hurt as much when it normal. Depending on my work plans for the day, I’d either stay drunk. or drink a beer and head out the door. Drink a few “maintenance” beers throughout the day just to get drunk again as the day progressed. I’m grateful I don’t live like that anymore.

I never heard from work yesterday, so I was able to make the most out of my surprise day off. I plan to make the most of today. When I get off the boat it usually takes a couple of days to recover enough to feel like doing any work at home. Usually by the time I recover, it’s time to go fishing again. Repeat cycle. I’m grateful to be getting things done around here.

I feel like I have to. I have to be more productive onshore. I have a lot to do without the boat. With the boat I have a shit ton to do. I started feeling a little overwhelmed yesterday. I was able to calm down, put it all into a realistic perspective. My boat doesn’t have to be ready until mid-April. There really isn’t that much to do. Shes ready to fish. She just needs fine-tuning, maintenance work and a lot of cosmetic work. Shes sat on the dock for over a year. there will be minor mechanical bugs to take care of too. It blows a lot in the summer. I can do the cosmetics then. When I broke it down into smaller, realistic chunks. I felt a lot better. The same tools I use to redirect my alcoholic thinking when I’m telling myself how much I deserve a drink. I’m grateful for these tools.

I haven’t talked to Skipper. I think letting him swim around in his shit is his best medicine. I’m hoping his inner alcoholic has been humbled. He was sober when I started crabbing with him. He got sober because alcohol was causing problems back then. He lost crew because of his wreck less drunkenness. My friend was one of them.

He is back on the boat. I guess after I left Mr Hyde came out. He started be-little him. Doing the same exact shit I do when Mr Hyde decides to show himself. Him and his brother. Then he went home and got into it with his girlfriends family. It escalated into him getting arrested.

Im grateful I missed out on that. I got out of there just in time.

If I was drinking with them and he started talking shit to me, we would be fighting! for sure. I’m grateful to be sober.

I see so much of myself in Skippers alcoholism. I’m sad for him because he is alcoholic and I hate to see him suffer. He is my friend. I like and respect him a lot. I’m grateful for the reflection of me. It’s been good for my recovery. As they say in the rooms. “There but for the grace of god, go I”. I am grateful.

Hes’s smart and talented. Hes a genuinely good person. Alcohol brings out the worst in him too.
I’m grateful to see that . Sometimes my brain likes to tell me that I’m a piece of shit, or less than because I’m alcoholic.

Nope… I have a treatable illness, and my treatment is working. Im grateful!

It’s not very nice out there right now. Windy, big swell, with big wind waves. Heavy seas… I’m grateful to be home, warm and dry. It’s been cold, snowy with cold rain and hail. We got really lucky with good weather during the opener. I haven’t had to suffer out there too much this year. I’m grateful.

18 Likes

I’m grateful for this thread. I’m grateful we have each other here. I’m grateful I was able to do some guided meditation the last few days even though I didn’t feel up to the silent meditation. I’m grateful for my guitar classes. I took a short break because of work and I’m back at it now. I’m grateful that I have a full fridge. I’m grateful for walks. I’m grateful for my neighbors. I forgot to put out my recycling this morning and my neighbor texted me that he put it out and put a package that was delivered in my back yard. It made my day. I’m grateful for Eric’s quote today. I’m grateful that the only way to combat shame in myself and in others is love and compassion. I’m grateful for the sunshine we have here. Sometimes I take it for granted, wishing for winter. But I know that I’m lucky. I’m grateful for the opportunities I’ve been given in my life. I’m grateful I have a doctors appointment scheduled. I’ve been feeling off and I haven’t been in since before the pandemic started. I’m grateful I’m sober. :yellow_heart:

19 Likes

I’m grateful for today. I’m grateful for this community. I am grateful two of my kids continue to have improved symptoms even though they are still testing positive for covid, they tested again today. Im grateful my husbands twin is getting into the surgeons and drs quickly to address last weeks cancer diagnosis. I’m grateful the rest of my family is currently heathy. I’m grateful the other 4 of us are still negative for covid. I’m grateful for the outdoors. I’m grateful my sister put us in a “lottery” to hike and camp the Grand Canyon may of 2022 for 5 days and we will know by the end of this month. I am grateful for willpower. I am grateful for support. I am grateful I able to support others.

16 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be present, clean and sober as you guide me through today. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful for all my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for all the gifts I received this season especially the gift of spending time with loved ones. I’m grateful for love. I’m grateful that the heat is working well. I’m grateful for coffee and that I can afford to go get some food to go with it. I’m grateful for music to accompany me on my walk to do some errands shortly. I’m grateful for the nice visit at my sponsor’s place last night. I’m grateful that he gave me a nice meal, I got to cuddle his cat and dogs, played a game of chess with his daughter, met his wife. I’m grateful that once everyone was introduced and then sent off to bed we started to tell each other our stories a bit and read some of the big book since he is an AA guy. I’m grateful that when he talked bad about NA I did’t get upset, I know all the programs matter and work if you work it. I’m grateful for all of your posts sometimes it is hard to keep up on here, especially if you try to use numerous threads, and I remind myself I don’t need to, I get to and only if I want to. I’m grateful for the twelve steps. Have a wonderful day all.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are a superstar, shine bright. Ya you!!

17 Likes

I’m sorry for that terrible experience and the loss for your family. That will be hard to heal.

I’m glad that it is not challenging your sobriety. You are very strong.

9 Likes

I’m grateful for another beautiful day at Tybee island. The hubby and I went fishing and caught fish. I’m so grateful to be sober and healthy today!

I’m grateful for the beautiful water and land around here. We saw so many beautiful birds.

I’m grateful that Christmas is behind us and I can focus on this next chunk of time.

Next up, what plans will I make for 2022? Im grateful to have many options.

I wish you all peace.

14 Likes

Replying to follow this thread…my sponsor has directed me to send her three things I’m grateful for every day. Usually these look like:

I am grateful to have my 3 oldest boys over for a couple of days

I am grateful to have gotten some step work done yesterday

I am grateful for the Straight Talk Zoom meeting tonight

However today my sponsor has asked me to try and move away from physical, concrete things in my life and more towards my internal self and feelings. Hmmm.

I am grateful for feeling happy at my boys’ enjoyment of the VR arcade.

I am grateful for being able to chair and lead the NA meeting tonight.

I am grateful to be able to eat more regular foods again.

Better? Hmmm

15 Likes

First and foremost today I’m grateful to all of you and TS. I would’ve never had enough days sober or tools to weather this storm without you all. I want to thank all of you who have reached out, you all truly mean a lot to me. I wish i had more time to individually respond but i don’t right now.

Secondly I’m grateful to have 5 minutes to write this… This has been a whirlwind of chaos that has rattled me to my core.

19 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful to have a day off work and be able to send my brother off with a goodbye breakfast. I’m so grateful to have gotten to see him and his girlfriend. I’m grateful for leftover soups from our get together on Sunday so no need to make dinner. I’m grateful that I talked with my other brother today, and on Christmas. That’s a strained relationship, and I don’t know exactly how to feel about him at this moment. But I’ll be able to work through it. I’m grateful @Dazercat isn’t very sick, hope you get to feeling better soon. I’m grateful that my daughter is bugging me to get off the phone and spend time with her- usually it’s the other way around :joy:. And on that note, everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

16 Likes

I’m grateful tonight that the sadness has moved aside. It had started to already, but today it shifted to a point where I could smile and laugh…

I was thinking about my Mom and how different our lives were and are.

When I was a kid/teen, she would make a shocking array of different kinds of christmas cookies. She would start in November? Buy all the ingredients. Shortbread. Ginger Snaps. PfefferNeuse. Macaroons. Tiny mince tarts - so labour intensive they were! Gak. Each weekend was a different batch or two. And into the freezer they’d go. But not as you’d think: she’d line up a bunch of empty ice cream buckets on the kitchen counter. Six buckets? Eight? Whatever - they’d be lined up on the counter. And she would divide her baking of the week into the buckets evenly, between layers of wax paper she’d cut out into circles, and then back into the deep freeze the buckets would go. By the end of the baking marathon, each bucket would contain a full selection of the baked goods. (There was a contingency bucket for thefts from teenage brother.) My God. The effort. What I love most is that years later, while she was working on her MA in Counselling Psychology, she could laugh at it all while not baking a thing…

I will admit that I did, and still do, identify with my Dad by nature. But that is not about love and who I loved more. I’m so grateful for my Mom, so glad that (among other things) my Mom showed me by example that we don’t have to end where we start. That she gave up the cookie effort, and went on to counsel people in anger management, in marriage. In addictions. (Please, don’t fault her for not noticing me. I’m a late bloomer, sigh.)

Tomorrow I will convoy down the highway with a few other cars full of friends headed to the city (safer in our cold weather). I will see her, this force who raised me. Who, as she became true to herself, asked only that I be true to myself.

Tonight, though I still achingly miss my Dad, I am deeply grateful for my Mom.

I am also grateful for another day :orange_heart:

21 Likes

What a beautiful gratitude post. This part made me cry.

I’m grateful you are here

12 Likes

Oh, are we related? What a blessing! I only ask because I have that brother! :joy:

8 Likes

I am grateful that during an episode of high volume speaking I can still see I was living spiritual principles outside of the program. Although I may not have padded my words very well I was speaking my truth and that is important. I am grateful that I am not afraid to stand up to people to protect my family. I am grateful for all the practice I have being nose to nose with a man that I am not intimidated by one when they try to scare me. I am grateful that the street will never be taken out of me but that I am able to be “graciously hood-like” now. I am grateful that I can block phone numbers and people on Facebook. I am grateful that I am in a place in my recovery that I have not needed a meeting yet this week. The snow and other addicts who are struggling with their demons are enough to detour me at this time. I am grateful that I can hook into a Zoom meeting if I have to. I am grateful for the long convo with a friend today. I am grateful for the extra time I have been dedicating to prayer and meditation in my mornings. I am grateful that my kiddo is low maintenance. I am grateful that tonight will be my last sleep to close out my second year.

:orange_heart::seedling:

17 Likes

Thinking of Dan, Eric and Danni! Stay strong you guys!
Grateful for enjoying an art exhibit today, images of Picasso’s work.
Grateful that I feel strong enough now to say No to the first drink–alcohol is not our friend, Never was!
Grateful for a warm loving home and grateful for coffee and tea
Grateful for our shares here, it really does help, ty :raised_hands::hugs:

15 Likes