Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

I’m grateful to God for another hangover free, sober morning. Like many others have said. This never gets old.
I’m grateful for my fresh new bag of Ethiopian coffee beans, and how great my coffee was this morning.
I’m grateful for the little bit of silly fun and getting derailed on one of the threads here yesterday.
I’m grateful for this sober forum to work on myself but also to have fun and enjoy posting with people when it doesn’t pertain to recovery. I’m grateful I feel like this is a safe place to do that.

I’m grateful someone privately complimented me on one of my quotes at the end of my gratitude from weeks ago. :wink: It was actually a quote by me. Not one I dug up. It made me feel so good. And when I read it over. I thought. Ya know. :thinking: Sometimes I do do good work. But shit I cry a lot. 🥲
I’m grateful it made me realize how important my gratitude work is to me. And that I have no idea sometimes where my gratitude work will lead me.
I’m grateful that after 2 years of doing this I’ve retrained my brain and I wake up so grateful for things each morning. And by the time I get here to this thread I feel like I have to come up with new and more stuff. And that’s a good thing.

I’m grateful my 2 great big life changing adventure plans I mentioned the other day are not going as expected already. Go figure :man_facepalming: But that’s ok. I’m grateful I think about about other peoples choices in matters and not just about me. Or how it’s going to affect me. And I’m grateful I’m learning it is not all about me. I’m grateful for my “What’s the worst that can happen?” thinking. Well the worst that can happen isn’t much when I think about it. We make adjustments and try again.
I’m grateful for all my blessings.

I’m grateful the kids received their baby to be, care package that my wife and I put together. The grand baby purchases are happening already. And they were floored by the stuff we got them. I’m grateful I love the name Norma :wink:. Norma G. :hugs:. It’s got a great ring to it.

I’m grateful Alice’s Second UTI has come back clear. Again. I’m grateful we don’t have to go to the vet today. Again. I’m grateful I don’t have to put diapers on a 75 pound dog. God Bless you Stella. I warms my heart when I read about how well people take care of their pets. And we aren’t the only crazy ones doing similar things like that. They are so worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:

I’m grateful :point_down:

23 Likes

Grateful to be 40 days sober. It’s just so nice to not be on that roller coaster of active addiction that is so exhausting.

Grateful for my dog snoring on my lap despite his anal glands doing unspeakable things earlier. Was not so grateful then.

Grateful for the new leaf on my wishlist plant I got three days ago. It’s so pretty I cried a little.

Grateful to have provided someone else’s wishlist plant yesterday at my shop. It’s so wonderful to share my passion and make other peoples wishes come true!!

Grateful for this thread and this app and everyone here working their recovery. I hope we all have a peaceful and fulfilling days.

18 Likes

Today I am grateful to be able to share experience strength and hope with so many other recovering addicts from all over the world.
I am grateful that my 17 yr old " sponsee" text me back and we set a date next week to meet for coffee. I am hopeful that she has stayed clean all this time without contact. :pray:
I am grateful for late night texts from women in the program reaching out for support when they are fighting their addict
I am grateful for non-judgmental love and compassion.
I am grateful for this gratitude prayer as well, I thought I would share.

Today, Creator of the universe, my heart is filled with gratitude for the gift of life you have given me. Thank you for the opportunity to experience this beautiful body and this wonderful mind. Today, Lord I want to express my gratitude for everything I have received from you.

I know the way to say thank you for life is by fully enjoying every moment of my life. And the only way to enjoy every moment is to love. Today I will express all the love and happiness that exist in my heart. I will love your creations, I will love myself, and I will love the people who live with me. I know that life is too short to waste in misery and drama with the people I love. I will enjoy the presence of the people I love, respecting their choices in life as I respect my own.

Today I will graciously receive your gifts by enjoying the beauty of all your creation. Help me to be as generous as you are, to share what I have with generosity just as you share your gifts so generously with me. Help me to become a master of gratitude, generosity, and love so that I can enjoy all of your creations.

Today Lord, help me to manifest my creation as you manifest the universe, to express the beauty of my spirit in the supreme art of the human: the art of dreaming my life. Today, Lord, I give you all of my gratitude and love because you have given me life.

~ Don Miguel Ruiz

19 Likes

I am grateful for so many things lately, my whole day is full of gratefulness from the moment I wake up.

Starting the day without an hang-over, without guilt and without shame… this is the best gift to start my day with, and for this I am grateful the most.
I am grateful for not being that grumpy drinking a-hole anymore that only likes himself. I am meeting new people lately and for that I am grateful. And I have two babysit dogs now, which are so cute.
I am grateful the owners trust me with there dogs and that I can be hold accountable know I am not drinking anymore.
My timetable is filling up with sober stuff and I have lots of things to do, and for this I am grateful.
No boredom for me anymore, not craving for a drink anymore wen I was sitting at home with nothing to do…I am so grateful for this!
Cravings are just a fantasy about a feeling that I will never ever gone feel again, I can see that know and for that I am grateful.
:blue_heart: :pray:

14 Likes

I am grateful I passed by the alcohol section today. It’s amazing how much they sell. It’s actually the biggest section there.

I am grateful for this sunny and relatively warm day. Way too warm but we have to accustom to this.

I am grateful for burpees. They absorb every cell of my body.

18 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for a sick day. I’m grateful I feel better, though definitely not 100%. I’m grateful for movies and true crime shows.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

18 Likes

I’m grateful for my oldest daughter… there are days that she’s my lifeline. :heart:

22 Likes

Grateful for sobriety and a day off with no intrusive thoughts of booze
Grateful for health
Grateful for nice weather
Grateful for kids that still listen a bit to what I say
Grateful to have almost finished my book

21 Likes

I’m grateful for my family. My daughters are such wise and beautiful girls, and I love them very much. I’m grateful for my sons. Although they struggle with drinking, they know I’m here for them, and they love me. :heart:

I’m grateful for the good days and the rough days. I’m reminded that I’m alive.

I’m especially grateful for my oldest daughter today. She’s 18 months sober and her support with my recovery has been an immense help. I’m so thankful for her. :heart:

20 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you for today. I’m grateful for recovery including mine. I’m grateful for All my family, friends,TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful I got some errands done on my day off, that didn’t end up being a whole day off, I still got called in for three hours. I’m grateful I talked with a worker about my housing and got confirmation that I am getting a third floor one bedroom apartment, sweet didn’t really want a bachelor unit, also the third is the top floor which is usually quieter. I’m grateful I can accept that they can’t move people into the building for April, construction delays have made it so they are now saying June, and even that isn’t definitive. I’m grateful my sister messaged asking me to call her because she just caught covid and our conversation was good she sounds like she does when she has a cold. I’m grateful she was happy to hear my news about the apartment. I’m grateful this means I can keep my current job for a few more months and hopefully save some money. I’m grateful I talked to my Mom about all this as well. I’m grateful that my laundry will be done soon. I’m grateful I got my taxes done today and got an instant return. I’m grateful to be tired but satisfied after a highly productive day. I’m grateful I can make time to call @Dazercat tomorrow as I was thinking about you today, as usual my friend ,and was looking forward to a chat, getting called into work threw a wrench into my plans… cue God laughing as I make plans :rofl: I’m grateful I can pray for my sisters health and anyone suffering for that matter. I’m grateful I can text, call or email her again tomorrow so she doesn’t feel alone, she has cats and a hubby but will be isolating in her spare room or sending him there. I’m grateful I walked alot today, three hours worth if I include some work time. I’m grateful I got to listen to a lot of music while walking, I took a page from Eric’s recent post and hit random instead of picking the songs myself, fun.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are absolutely amazing. Ya you!!

22 Likes

WOOOOO!

So awesome!

5 Likes

Morning,
Today I’m grateful that I am planning a day of self care this weekend. Been feeling a bit weird yesterday so I think it’s time I looked after myself a bit more.
I’m grateful that its Friday, still a busy day but a later start. I get to enjoy more tea before I get going for the day.
Have a great day x

18 Likes

Good morning all, I am grateful for my early morning dog walk, on a nice crisp but sunny morning, its really is a positive start to my day, love having the mental capacity to enjoy my surroundings.
For have a run of a whole work week with no anxiety so grateful for that, I stopped worrying about what others thought of me, and just trying to do my job… sure I will have blips but I am improving, there is light at a very long tunnel.
My son ringing and telling me he is coming home from uni next weekend, it’s feels like an age since I last saw him. So going to plan a couple of meals out. I am grateful he wants to come home.
Grateful to being in recovery after being stagnant for a good few months
For being happy to read good news on here so warming and feel good.
Thanks and gratitude to you all :green_heart:

19 Likes

For all the staff at the hospital yesterday. For not having to have surgery when I was totally unprepared for it. For the chance to lose some more weight whilst being on the waiting list so that the surgery is safer for me.

For non-addictive pain relief medication. For lessening my suffering.

For the lady I met in the waiting room yesterday and chatted pretty much non-stop between pain episodes, blood tests, and obvs from nurses from 2pm-8pm. I turns out we lived on the same street until I was 13 and I went to school with one of her daughter’s until she moved schools due to special needs. She remembered my mum and said she was a very pretty lady, she said I had her eyes. :blush:

For my dad for feeding my cats and bringing all my meds and phone charger when I was told I’d be staying in for surgery.

For Prince eating the chicken flavour of their regular wet food again, he stopped after he was very poorly in April 2020, but when he refused his expensive new food, I was very worried, so I am so thankful for this. :heart_eyes_cat::raised_hands:t2:

For the 1.5hrs of sleep I managed to get after I checked in, and for feeling much better for it.

For my photos app for regularly showing me memories ‘on this day last year, 2020, and 2019’, for the nice ones, and the ones that remind me how far I’ve come.

For the air being cooler again today and that the sun is shining, it always makes me feel better.

For the TS forum, everyone here, and all of the sharing. We are never alone.

For my two cats, Prince and Wolfie, and my unconditional love for them.

Sobriety and Recovery, for giving us all the chance to be our authentic selves.

Thank you.

:blue_heart:

19 Likes

Morning all!
Today I’m grateful to be sober and weathering the current storm. I have to feel every inch of it but as another wise woman said in a post I just read it’s reminds me alive and that’s what I need to remember :purple_heart:. I am grateful to have the ability and flexibility that I’ve been able to fly back and forth to help my mom and be with her, flying out again tomorrow morning. I am grateful to God if I wasn’t able to hand a lot of this over to God I don’t know where I’d be. I’m grateful my husbands twin is on the road to recovery just hoping the tests after the surgery come back good. I’m grateful my husband is still here after his medical emergency, I can’t imagine anything without him, he’s definitely my lobster :rofl::two_hearts:. I’m grateful to be a member of this community and super grateful to hop on here when I need extra strength and TS is always there :two_hearts::two_hearts:. Whether I’m just reading or posting this has been instrumental for me. Have the most amazing sober day!

17 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for all the support I received yesterday.
I am grateful I joined the Burpees challenge. It’s a good type of sticking to it. Impossible to think of something else during these minutes.

I am grateful for libraries. I am grateful I found joy in reading again. It’s not for long so I will take it.

I am grateful it’s warm inside my apartment even without heating.

I am grateful I have fear of buying alcohol with the intention drink it myself. I just can’t do it.

18 Likes

Good morning :yellow_heart::sunny:

I’m grateful for the positive changes I’ve made in my life.
I’m grateful that when I accept people and things for who and what they are I feel less pain. I feel peace.
I’m grateful that when I accept myself, I feel the same way :yellow_heart:
I’m grateful I went out with friends and got sushi last night. I’m grateful I felt normal drinking hot green tea while my friends drank wine. I’m grateful that I’m different. I’m grateful I don’t have to fit in to feel loved and included.

I’m grateful to find beauty and meaning in so many things.

Happy Friday Gratidudes

19 Likes

I don’t post gratitude everyday but I do find it everyday because of reading this thread. I’m grateful for all of your shares.

18 Likes

Good morning Callie :hugs:
Grateful to see you on here first thing this morning.
I’m grateful I’m up before sunrise so I can watch the day break as I do my morning rituals. I’m grateful when Minnie finally got up and came into the kitchen, it put a huge smile on my face as I said good morning to her and gave her a pet. I’m grateful for my clowder :nerd_face: :wink: of cats and Benson too, early in the morning. I’m grateful each time I glance up it’s a little lighter outside and I stop and pause and just look at it.

I’m grateful I think I liked my new chiropractor yesterday. I was the only one there wearing a mask and truthfully it felt weird. I’m grateful to be trying hard not to judge, but also do what I feel is right for me. I really don’t know what is right for everyone else. Frankly I find it easier not to give a shit and just do me. Besides I had my cool pink flamingo mask on and I was rocking it. With my yellow beanie. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m grateful for Bianca, I love that name, my Pilates Reformer trainer, and she’s got me booked a couple of times a week. It feels good to have someone coaching me through it a couple of times a week since I haven’t done it much for awhile. I’m grateful Bianca told me about a nice new restaurant in town and that she enjoyed her meal there. So we’re going Saturday night. My wife and me. Not Bianca :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: She already has her own Eric :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:warning: :no_entry: don’t know if I should put a trigger warning here about weight control or not :warning: :no_entry:
I’m grateful it’s Friday because it’s a weigh in day for me and I’ll just be happy to see I’m maintaining my weight whether I lose or gain. I’m grateful, I think I am finally comfortable with the new weight I’m at and confident I will not gain back that 45/50 pounds. All my life I’ve lost weight and gained it all back. Of course all my life I was drinking. I’m just grateful for a new healthier me and feeling confident I will continue this trend. Whether I’m at or near my goal weight.

I’m grateful I don’t have to cook dinner the next 2 nights in a row. I grateful I don’t have to stock up on a ton of booze today for the super bowl hall pass to drink heavily and fall asleep during the game. Third Super Bowl Sunday Sober in a row. Ever!! that I can remember. That’s what I’m talkin about :crazy_face:. I’m grateful life is so much easier not planning a big spread of different food and cocktails for the game. I’m grateful it’s just going to be another day, but with a football game on. Grateful the clean up will be a breeze.

Grateful for Gratidudes :kissing_heart:
This is a win right here :v:
:pray:t2::heart:

I have chosen to be GRATEFUL because it’s good for my health.
Voltaire
I edited in grateful. It was originally Happy.

21 Likes

This morning I’ve been struggling with negative thoughts so here I am to recognize what I’m grateful for.
I’m grateful for this community, a place to go and feel safe.
I’m grateful for my father who took me out this week for a day on the ice. I’m grateful for my physical health. I’m grateful for my beautiful children and that they love me so much.
I’m grateful for being alive today.

17 Likes