Daily Gratitude List

@RosaCanDo Love that candle!

I am grateful to be sober and hangover-free on this Friday

I am grateful for all of you. It feels nice to be surrounded by like-minded peeps striving for self-improvement

I am grateful for my boyfriend and all of the nice little gestures that he makes throughout the day that remind me he is on my side and we are a team :heart:

5 Likes

Grateful for a wonderful meal out with my boyfriend after the work week

Grateful for the doggy bag that the I’ll share with (not give to) the doggy

Grateful for the doggy

And two cats…

And the boyfriend! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I’m grateful to God
I’m grateful that I will be going to bed clean and sober
I’m grateful that I had a relaxing day
I’m grateful to have the weekend off even though it’s because I have a sore throat and am waiting for covid results
I’m grateful for my housemates we had a nice day and they made some awesome steak and cesar salad for dinner. then cheesecake for dessert. recovery rocks
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

7 Likes

Watching Batman vs Superman and right now I am grateful for the simplicity in my life. No crazy capes, social expectations, flame throwers… I will save all that for next week. This weekend its all about quiet moments, clean windows, and no capes.

6 Likes

Grateful I still read on here although I find it so difficult atm to articulate and feel gratefulness.
Grateful I had a good night sleep.
Grateful for hot chocolate.

Grateful for my friends. I don’t have many but the few are for real. This only developed in the last years.
Grateful I reached out for help yesterday to them. Grateful that they found the words to calm my mind already planning to get drunk and day by today.
Grateful my mother takes care of my grandmas. Grateful we can talk on the phone more openly. Maybe that’s because I tell here right away where to stop giving me advices. Grateful she seems to slowly accept that.

Grateful I became part of this all here. Bonne nuit à tous !

8 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday.
I’m grateful for my recovery day 379.
I’m grateful for my family and miss seeing them.
I’m grateful for my friends they keep me feeling loved and laughing and grounded.
I’m grateful for TS you guys are inspiring.
I’m grateful for my health got my negative covid results this morning so that’s good. My throats still inflamed or irritated.
I’m grateful for music, it really can amplify my moods in such a profound way It really is amamzing.
I’m grateful for laughter and humor. No crazy capes, social expectations, flame throwers… I will save all that for next week.
I’m grateful to God

P.s. You are charismatic, own it. Ya you!!

9 Likes

I’m grateful I’m not a drinker.
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze as a reward.
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze anymore.
I’m grateful I realize a drinking life is not a happy life. It’s actually a fucking miserable life.
I’m grateful for my health.
I’m grateful for my family. And my pets.
I’m grateful it stopped snowing and there’s sunshine in the forecast. Cold but sunshine.
I’m grateful I came in under my goal weight when I weighed in yesterday.
I’m grateful for TS and all the gratitude-dudes.
I’m grateful for Hope. I really need to work on this one.
:pray:t2::heart:

When some things go wrong, take a moment to be thankful for the many things that are going right
Don’t know who said this but it wasn’t me :innocent:

10 Likes

I’m grateful for a sober Saturday and the promise of a new day
I’m grateful to be healthy despite my best efforts to destroy my body
I’m grateful for this app and community

9 Likes

Good morning. Today I’m grateful the sun is shining. I’m grateful it’s the weekend and I can take a nap if I want to later. I’m grateful that my husband hasn’t drank in about 3 weeks- maybe the benefits he saw from me quitting got him thinking. Or maybe not, and I’m learning to be ok with that and worry about myself in that aspect. I’m grateful for TS and reading this thread everyday. I don’t always contribute, but I always read and appreciate you guys. Everyone have a great day❤️

6 Likes

I’m grateful I had a little sleep in. I’m grateful I’ve switched up my plans for the day after waking with the same booming headache I went to bed with last night.

I’m grateful my headache is not from drinking – that I’m not waking up to wash up the carnage of empty wine glasses (gag), and put another empty bottle or two in the recycling bin. (Some good strong coffee and a whole lot of water will take the edge off this headache, methinks. And getting my new glasses…)

I’m grateful it’s a sunny day and I hope to go for a good walk in the sun but if not – I’ll take a good nap in the sun.

I’m so grateful for this community – and even for every single post on this thread this morning. Made me smile. My past aside, I love that the present has all of our lives intersecting like this. It might sound corny, but like my yoga mat – it’s a kind of everyday sacred space. All of us sharing and honouring our journeys like this.

M and D? I’m grateful you “got” me, and that you let each of us kids be our own selves. Thank you for letting me quit ballet after only a year. Our hunch was right. I haven’t put on leotards on a Saturday morning ever since. :wink:

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

7 Likes

Gratitude Day 27
Daily Magicial Miracles:

1. I never had a DUI
  2. I never killed anyone
  3. I still have my loving, supportive, husband
  4. My kids love me and dont judge me (well as much as a teenager doesnt judge)
  5. I still have my job
  6. My creativity and joy in doing things is coming back
  7. I smile more because I see the joy in more encounters.
  8. Fellowship of TS support, Phoenix support, and new AA support is there to help me when I stumble.

Everyday I have a magical miracle. I am blessed by them. When I get caught up in my ego, I dive into depression, sadness, self pity… When I redirect to my magical miracles I come back to gratitude, to why this journey is so important to me; to keep building those daily events and honoring them every day for the blessings they are.

Peace and Love♥️

7 Likes

Phew! Am doin’ the grateful grati-dude dance over here! :orange_heart:

5 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and hangover-free. Thankfully, I am not filled with shame and trying to piece together last night

I am grateful for my family and how we all know eachother so well

I am grateful for my fur babies and all the comfort they provide me with on a daily basis :cat::cat::cat::heart:

6 Likes

I’m grateful to God
I’m grateful to be laying my head down clean and sober
I’m grateful for late night snacks
I’m grateful for Netflix
I’m grateful for frontline workers
I’m grateful for the twelve steps

P.s. smile my friends. Ya you!!

5 Likes

Grateful that no matter what tomorrow will come.
Grateful that the first part will be done by tomorrow this time.
Grateful that this cannot be postponed.

Grateful that I could shortly talk with my grandma although she was so confused. It’s getting to the end. Her heart is too strong. Mind is going before.

7 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and hangover-free. I didn’t sleep well, but thankfully it isn’t due to my heart racing and panic attacks during the night secondary to drinking… no thanks!

I am grateful to have the day off to rest and relax

I am grateful to attend virtual church with my parents at their house every Sunday :heart:

8 Likes

This morning I’m grateful for the big full moon that broke through my blinds so early - and the time I took just to enjoy the dark, still morning.

I’m grateful that I catered to my headache and need for rest yesterday and feel back to my old M-self now.

I’m grateful for my coffee, my calm morning routine - and the beauty day ahead of me.

I’m grateful for the groceries in my frig and the time I’ll take to cook a good meal tonight (and have leftover happiness this week!).

I’m grateful that all of these things, right now, are because I am sober. I am grateful for everyone here and this place that helps me so much, every day.

M and D? Today is no different…

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

8 Likes

I’m grateful I’m not a drinker.
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze for a good time.
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze when things are shit.
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful for grampa today. It would have been his birthday. Born in 1899. So that’s pretty cool. He spoiled and loved me so much and taught me so well. He wasn’t always right.
As a matter of fact, he was an old racist alcoholic coot. :scream: I didn’t realize that as a child. What am I going to do? Not love him and not treasure the wonderful memories of him taking me to Fenway Paahk or the beach or all the train rides into Boston?
I’m grateful I can still treasure the memories of me and grandpa and all the great things I learned from him. Especially grateful for the memories of him and me listening to the Red Sox games on the little white, yellow stained, box am radio in his kitchen, sitting on top of his fridge. No better way to spend a Saturday night in the 60’s. Betting a penny if George Scott was going to strike out or hit a home run.
I’m grateful my son wrote me this morning thanking me for the olive oil spritzer I got him for his birthday. And the apple pie I sent him.
I’m grateful for another day in Paradise. Sober and … I was going to list a bunch more shit but; SOBER will do.

8 Likes

I forgot about this. :point_down:
”heart racing and panic attacks during the night secondary to drinking”

I know exactly what you mean. My heart use to pound and race at the same time some nights in bed after drinking way more than enough. It scared the shit out of me. At least the headaches I deserved and would go away. But that feeling in bed there. Uggh.
Thanks for mentioning that. I never want that to ever happen again.

7 Likes

Feeling all the gratitude today.
Happy to wake up sober and on a path I am proud about.
Grateful for my Guardians…Pegasus you are amazing♥️
Grateful for living with intent

Peace and Love to y’all

5 Likes