Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

I’m grateful you have that stunning ray of sunshine in your life. I’d stay sober for just for that. Because she’s certainly worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

I’m grateful to get in bed at 5pm, as soon as I’d eaten. I’m grateful for not having any commitments in the evenings.
I’m grateful to know when I need space, on my own. Saying that, my partner practically followed me up and sat with me for half an hour. He’s gone back down now. I’m grateful we’re not in each others pockets.
I’m grateful I don’t have palpitations any more, I used to have them alot. I’m grateful that I feel much healthier these days.
I’m grateful to read so many positive posts on here, there’s so many people doing so well, it’s great to read :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Checking in gratefully on Day 44 :heart::pray:

I am grateful for another sober sleep and early wake up :sunrise_over_mountains:
I am grateful that I got through yesterday without drinking because man I wanted to.
I am grateful that I went to bed early instead of dwelling on the feeling or giving into it.
I am grateful for waking up clear headed and recommitted to being sober.
I am grateful for my job which I love and that challenges and excites me.
I am grateful for a safe place to live.
I am grateful for my family and friends.
I am grateful for my TS community and reading about strength, struggle and resilience.

Blessed day friends
Ree :heart:

12 Likes

I am grateful for a reminder to gratidude thread by @Dazercat :pray:t2:

Grateful for… ABC… As i need some kind of quizy game to be creative!

Attention
Breaks
Courage to cook dinner
Cozy couch
Cozy apartment (living in a little barn, no one over me, no one under me, just my neighbor in the bigger house beside)
Development
Ease
Fitness
Gratefulness :heartpulse:
Health
Holiday coming soon
Independency
Joy
Kindness
Love
Mulberry pillow by silk
Nourishment
Other point of view
Peace
Possibilities
Quality
Resting
Sobriety
Tenderness
Universe
Various :sunglasses:
Warm water bottles
X-chromosome :yum:
Y-chromosome :yum:
Zen :woman_in_lotus_position:t2:

15 Likes

Today I am so very grateful to be sober.

Grateful that I’m able to face problems and deal with them rather than numb out.
Grateful for my mother finally starting to sleep at night.
Grateful that withdrawals are just a memory now and I never have to feel them again….that’s totally up to me.
New fuzzy slippers
1/2 pound Reese’s cups
Duran Duran radio on Pandora
House plants
Fancy coloring pencils
Crockpot meals
Coconut cashews

(Food is clearly a daily gratitude item…I do like to eat :joy:)

12 Likes

I am grateful for my wife and kids!
I am grateful for my small group of friends!
I am grateful for sobertime.
I do need a sponsor in my recovery of drugs and codependency. In recovery since April and so grateful!

9 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for the chili and chocolate chip cookies I made for dinner. I’m grateful for my goofy dogs and how happy they always are to see me, even if I only went to the bathroom. I’m grateful for my home, and the family I share it with. I’m grateful we can pay our bills, and have enough food, clothing, etc. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

8 Likes

Feeling down right now so thought Id jump on this thread to change my thinking. So tonight i am grateful for:

• The good rest ill be getting tonight
  • Warm showers
  • Tears and the ability to feel
  • TS
  • Recovery
  • Deep breathing
10 Likes

Hugs!! I hope you wake up feeling much better tomorrow! So sorry you’re having an off day. sending good vibes your way.

5 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate that. Every day is a new day. Sometimes sleep helps so much (at least for me it does). How was ur day? What were u up to?

6 Likes

Challenge accepted @Juli1

Im greatful for my abcs too

Asparagus
Babies, that i can hand back…and Boscoe
Courage
Development
Endless possibilities now im sober
Friends and Family
Gratitude practices
Happiness
Independence
Joy
Kindness
Love
Momentum
New beginnings even tho they are scary
Open mindedness
Privacy
Quality time
Real change
Salsa
Tea
Understanding
Vacations
Work
Xylophones…hehe idfk
You
Zest for life

10 Likes

I am grateful for my therapist, my friends, and my family.
I am grateful for DBT and the program of Narcotics Anonymous for showing me that I can live a life completely different from any way I have ever lived a life before.
I am grateful for journaling, for EMDR, and for my body because when I listen to her she tells me exactly what I need when I need it.
I am grateful that I am more present these days, even though I still disassociate at times I can be compassionate with myself and understand that some part of me is trying to keep the other parts of me safe.
I am grateful that my therapist suggested that my BPD is in “remission” due to the fact that I am able to use skills in my daily life instead of resorting to old behaviors. I am grateful to feel relief and a little emotional about this, probably because I think she’s a little full of shit. I have been working so hard over the last 7 years to get to where I am. It has been a really long, really, really hard road. I am grateful I have made it through another day clean, self-injury-free, and free from sugar. My eating disorder is definitely not in remission, my eating disorder is definitely flared up at the moment. I could go through the cliche sayings about " recovery isn’t linear" and " progress, not perfection" but the bottom line is that it’s defeating and exhausting. I am grateful that I only have to go the few hours that I am awake a day battling my wounded brain against turning away food and trying to convince myself that I am safe today.
I am grateful that I can go to bed soon and restart tomorrow.
I am grateful for cereal.
:heart:

11 Likes

Gratitude Day 30. Today I am grateful that I have a home that I really love spending time in and for my support system. Both online and in real life. :sparkles:

10 Likes

Thats really beautiful. Sounds like a great relationship between you and that dog.

Tonight I am clocking in grateful. Grateful that I have listened to my gut and grateful its talking to me. I’m grateful I put the distance between myself and a good friend who’s choices and behavior were starting to surprise me, and I’m grateful that Im choosing to be supportive from a distance. Grateful I’m not getting distracted and detoured by the ensuing results. Grateful for detaching with love.
I’m very grateful to hear tonight that the man who was my fiance a short time ago has a bed date to go back to treatment. Grateful I haven’t stopped smiling since I heard. Grateful I was able to deliver this wonderful news to his family. I’m grateful for hope. :heart:
As always I’m eternally grateful for second chances.

8 Likes

Thank you! I’m so proud of me, and feel like this is just the beginning of the good :slight_smile: thanks for the support and for being a part of my sobermunity!

6 Likes

Hey, congrats on 30 days! Thats so fabulous.

4 Likes

Thanks so much. Feels really good heading to sleep tonight with 30 days under my belt :heart:

6 Likes

What a beautiful message. Thank you. :heart:

4 Likes

Welcome and,
Congratulations on your 30 days Jamie.
That’s HUGE!!
Hope to see you around.
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

Thanks Eric! I feel great about it. I know I still have a lot of work to do, and always will :wink: but I’m super happy today.

6 Likes