Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Thank you Shaunda. Like your cat tale too.

8 Likes

Checking in greatful as all heck

Greatful we are home safe
Greatful i didnt drink at the wedding
Greatful for my sobriety, 147 days free
Greatful for my loving husband and his sobriety
Greatful Boscoe is home with us
Greatful my car took us nearly 900miles safely
Greatful i didnt get a speeding ticket
Greatful for love
Greatful for family
Greatful for sobriety
Greatful i caught up on the threads

15 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 months clean SoberB :heart_eyes_cat:
I’m so glad you’ve joined us.
:pray:t2::heart:

9 Likes

Way to go. Five months is fantastic.

10 Likes

Good evening. :new_moon_with_face:

I am grateful that this busy weekend is coming to a close. I am grateful that I felt very relaxed while I shared last night at the speaker meeting. I am grateful for the meeting topics and how they worked very well with my “story”. I am grateful that if there’s one thing I know very well, its my story.

I am also grateful that I have enough today, it hasnt always been this way. I am grateful that my parents always tried their best to feed me healthy food and take good care of me even though we were often destitute. I am grateful that when I was in active addiction I was so absolutely fucked up I didnt even notice that at times I was a homeless, squatting, starving, drug addict. I was so busy getting high or fixing to get high that nothing else mattered. I am grateful that I have a choice today and that I choose not to pick up. That when I put down my DOC in 2005 I never picked it up again. I relapsed to alcohol, yes, but I know that if I had started to use dope again I would have lost my child, and my life. I am grateful that I now know that alcohol is a drug, and that I am a person with the disease of addiction who needs to abstain from all drugs.

I am grateful to see Brian posting, I missed you my friend. I am grateful Billy hit 5 months, congrats! I am grateful that this is the last week of September which I do believe has been the busiest month of my recovery. I am grateful that I have a life today.

12 Likes

Congratulations, Billy :heart: Your posts are so peaceful and beautiful. Grateful for you being here with us.

Grateful I had a long weekend visiting friends.

Grateful it was a long road trip and we made it there and back safely.

Grateful I have a wonderful husband who views things with more clarity than I do. Who asks me gently to let go of things when I really need to.Who nudged me to propose activities for all our friends that would allow them the freedom to choose to join or not to join. Who told me I need to stop trying to manage everyone’s relationships and let things flow the way they will.

In the end, the time away was wonderful. I’m grateful I’m learning to let go of control over things I have no business trying to control. And be ok with it.

I’m grateful my kids reconnected with their long-time friends.

I’m grateful I had some time in the sun with one of my best friends. A long walk and talk with the other. And the fact that they are not best friends anymore is now ok with me.

I’m so grateful for sun, beach, hamburguers, ice cream, football, unexpected surprises, and for being strong and healthy enough now to play with the kids activelly instead of sitting back with a drink. I’m grateful for diet 7up and cranberry juice. I’m grateful my friends now understand I have no interest in drinking anymore. I’m grateful my husband was able to enjoy his drink with the husbands, and that my friends were not drinking much or expecting me to join in.

I’m very grateful I said to one of my best friends, without thinking - “i don’t drink anymore.” Not “I’m not drinking today”, but “I don’t drink anymore” :heart:

I really loved the fact that it just came out that way. I’m so happy. So very grateful, now that I thought about it I’m almost at the verge of tears.

14 Likes

I am grateful to be up early enough to do my gratitude and gather myself before work. I’m grateful for the focus and clarity I have now that I’m back on my own. I’m grateful I got my cup filled to the brim last night at my homegroup. It’s been difficult to fill recently and it felt really good to have it filled effortlessly. So grateful for that familiar feeling that things are going to be alright, just keep doing what you’re doing. Grateful that those feelings of out of control panic are subsiding.
Grateful to be able to go to work while feeling ok top of my game, I’m beyond ready to get in this groove and flow of recovery again. Grateful for this 193rd day of sobriety. Grateful for the friends ive made along the way, grateful it makes my life so much more enjoyable. Grateful for my recovery, grateful that I’m recovering so much from my life, for the quality of life Im getting from my recovery. It is a beautiful thing.:heart:

14 Likes

I am grateful to be inching up on triple digits!!
Grateful to have come off of 2 medications.
Grateful to have my daughter home for a few days.
For being able to help a woman feel beautiful for her grandson’s wedding.
For perfecting my meatball recipe.
For a productive Sunday.
For Halloween stores.
For stores with shopping carts.
For my love of reading.
Grateful to be starting another week refreshed and sober!

16 Likes

Good morning sober fam!

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 148 days free
Boscoe warming my heart and making us laugh
My parents for watching Boscoe while mom and dad are at work
Waking up before my alarm
Sobriety and all the blessings
My gratitude practice
A busy day today, hoping it will be productive
Hope
Faith
No hangovers!
Everyone here sharing their sober journies.

Let us go out and slay the day soberly!

14 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful for a great weekend. I got to hang out with my brother and his girlfriend from Portland. We had a simple lunch, then played games at the table for a few hours. It was fun and relaxing. I’m grateful I was able to meal prep for this week without having to do groceries. The meals might be a little weird, but they are prepped and ready to cook so I’m happy. I’m grateful I have a job that pays the bills, and coworkers that I like. I’m grateful for the milestones, and the check ins here. You all are very important to me, and I’m grateful we choose to participate in this thread.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

15 Likes

I’m grateful to God and gratitude I still don’t drink.
I’m grateful I still don’t want to drink.
I’m grateful for my cats.
I’m grateful when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I don’t have a crushing hangover. And usually a cat follows me back to bed for a nice purr session. And I’m grateful I have no trouble going back to sleep.

I’m grateful I worked on my “people pleasing” skills this weekend. I was the only person I pleased this weekend. Not in a selfish way. But I just did what I wanted to do and not think about how it makes others feel. I’m grateful I’m learning I’m not responsible for anyone else’s feelings but mine. Fuck, I can’t even handle my feelings yet.

I’m grateful to be working on myself :blush:. I can’t believe I’m saying that. For the longest time I’ve been sick and tired of being the only person I have to work on. I’m not the one fucking up! I’m sober! Why do I have to always work on me? I use to complain about that a lot. I’m grateful I powered through that. And I’m grateful now, I’m leaning more about myself. My past. I’m grateful that, ya it’s kind of enjoyable now, and I’m looking forward to it.

I’m grateful I’m learning to give myself a break. It took me a lot of ODAATs to get where I am now in my sobriety. I’m grateful I’m learning to apply that to my codependency issues. I’ve only been in Al-Anon 4 months and 3 days.
(Ya, I started another counter :man_facepalming:) I bet if I remember correctly I was struggling with sobriety when I had 4 months. Of course I’d be struggling after only 4 months of Al-Anon meetings. I have to give it time. ODAAT. I think it’s working. I know ODAAT worked before. I really thought I had all the answers from my previous Al-Anon experiences :rofl::rofl::rofl: 12/13 years ago. Guess what? I didn’t :man_facepalming:
I’ll let y’all know when I have all the answers :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’m grateful for all the big milestones over the last week. Some of y’all have been around since just before me and I’m so grateful to be a part of y’all’s journey. I’m right behind ya. God willing I never catch up to you :crazy_face:

I’m grateful Mavy is all over my face with his paws and purrs telling me to wrap it up.

I’m grateful for you all and this thread and the abundance of gratitude here. We are worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:

Today I’m grateful for my growth, regardless of how long it took me to get here.
Some Al-Anon forum on Facebook.

17 Likes

Good morning.

I am grateful to wake up at home, quietly, with the soft smell of incense and candles. I am grateful that I am not addicted to caffeine, and that I can still enjoy a nice strong cup in the morning. I am grateful for nighttime meditations that take me into deep peaceful sleeps and morning affirmations that start my days off right.

I am grateful that beause of my recovery I have found my creativity again. I have also begun to believe in myself, trust myself and give myself a break. I am grateful for communities who have artistic spaces and our government who helps them with grants. I am grateful to feel excited about something, to look forward to something in my day.
I am grateful that my very first bezel setting wasnt a fail, and that I now live by the motto. “Practice makes progress not perfection.”

I am grateful I found time to stop by my sponsees house last night and have a good chat. I am hopeful. :pray:

I am grateful that I have a tattoo appointment today to have my shading done, and I am grateful that I have the money to pay for it.

19 Likes

I’m grateful for a beautiful morning, and to feel good in my heart and mind. To greet my coworkers with joy and laughter, and to accomplish my tasks well. I grateful to feel cared for today, by my friends and family, and these knuckleheads around the office

14 Likes

I am grateful to be grateful even in the face of adversity. Yes my right eye is like Popeye’s eye for the third day,it’s a calmazion had one years ago. Meh I can still read still watch my flat screen. Grateful I have an appointment with my primary physician tomorrow cuz my left ear needs to be excavated,had this b4 too, wax. Trying to get in touch with my provider to make sure my psych meds are called in took about four hours :upside_down_face: finally got a call back while at the pharmacy oc couldn’t reach them by phone. Life on life’s terms. Still feel grateful for my abundant blessings. Still grateful when He woke me as a one-eyed Jack,fed the cats and meditated. Grateful to attend RDO even if I kept my camera off so I didn’t scare my Sangha lol. Great guided meditation today on the breath. Uba was our guide I’m grateful for her soft voice and for the silent moments,they’re my favorite. Right now grateful for Alobar in his favorite spot,draped over my leg. He’s such a cool :cat2:. Eric I’m grateful to read your share. And Stella,ty for sharing those meditations on Insight Timer. I will sample it tonight. I slept fine without Trazodone last night thinking I really don’t need it. Most humbly grateful for all of you. Always. Have a beautiful day fellow 'tuders.

16 Likes

I’m grateful to be sober and hangover free. Feeling cranky as hell but atleast I am aware and can give myself the space I need at the moment.

I am grateful to have this extra day to relax before heading back to work.

I am grateful that I am not poisoning myself today which would make the work week so much worse.

I am grateful for movies and tv on days like today and to be here with everyone. :two_hearts:

15 Likes

Today I’m grateful for my cozy house, the weekly to-do-list that helps gaining back structure, purring furballs, the dishwasher, the fresh laundry. It’s ok to use the amount of energy to just try and make it through the day. After 2 hours on the computer my energy was gone (f$#%%^ing nuts PC making only bullshit). Grateful for yesterday’s leftovers. I joined the cats and we spent the afternoon on the couch. Grateful for friends who care about me :pray::heart:

14 Likes

Grateful God woke me up today
Grateful to mow my parents lawn and have something to feel good about and accomplish
Grateful for sweating and natural endorphins
Grateful I already have a few gallons of water because all the stores are sold out . Grateful my parents have a Generator and live 2 miles away . I do believe in preparing not Panicking … as a 15 year Floridian you never know with these storms .
Grateful for my electric bike and the Exploring I did today
Grateful for birds , rabbits , raccoons and other animals
Grateful to be moving forward and putting my relapse behind me but learning from my mistakes

15 Likes

Hi,
I’ve not posted for a while, not sure why really because I’ve been here reading and liking.
I’m grateful for not drinking today or wanting to.
I’m grateful to read so many amazing milestones lately, they make me think that I can do it too. I can do it, I am doing it.
I’m grateful for good sleep.
I’m grateful my little family is doing ok, working hard, jogging along together nicely.
I’m grateful, oh so grateful for the peace of my bedroom. 3 adult kids are noisy when they’re together bantering and joking and winding each other up, in a nice way of course. Their noise helps me appreciate the quiet of my own company.
I’m grateful that my partner downloaded a sobriety app this morning, I didn’t suggest it, he just did it on his own. He’s on 77 days and likes to point out all the benefits. I’m grateful he likes to talk about it and is really positive about being sober.
Grateful to be here :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

Back for another dose of gratitude, because why not?

Hey @Bootz thanks for the shout out :slight_smile:
Im greatful @PinkyP s partner joined on the sobriety journey and is excited. Thats awesome!
Im greatful @Bluekoolaid is as prepared as can be for this upcoming Florida storm
Im greatful the main intersection by my house is finally open after nearly a year of construction
Im greatful for leading my first successful budget meeting
Im greatful a rude program director didnt faze me. Sadly her poor behavior is tolerated
Im greatful i got home early and can relax a little before going to my ladies aa meeting
Im greatful the hubby is picking up Boscoe from grandmas
Im greatful to be employed and enjoy my job

16 Likes

The eve of my first year of sobriety has me feeling reflective and grateful.
I’m grateful I found this community 364 days ago.
I’m grateful it was my safety rope in a time where I needed it most.
I’m grateful for the people it brought into my life.
The lonely, sometimes unbearable nights, this community got me through.
The ways in which my life have changed since my last drink are sometimes hard to grasp. I have to slow down and celebrate them.
I’m grateful for my beautiful life that I have fought to open my eyes and my heart back to.
I’m grateful that although this is a trail that I will walk forever, that I can now see how spectacular it is. Even when it seems difficult. Even when it is difficult.
I’m grateful for the wisdom of my heart.
I’m grateful love and kindness are our super powers. That when we heal ourselves by some bit of magic it helps others heal too
I’m grateful that I’ve found my voice. I’m grateful I’m not scared to not fit in. I’m grateful that I get to write my story. I’m grateful for all the love in my life. I’m grateful I opened my eyes to see it.
I am grateful that we do have the ability to change. And no one can do it for us, but us.
How powerful and empowering that is.
I am grateful I woke up. I’m grateful for my imperfect life. I’m just grateful to be here.
Love you gratitdudes :yellow_heart:

22 Likes