Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Thank you I appreciate that

3 Likes

Hugely proud of you Anna. What a great way to start this year!

5 Likes

Grateful you understand this @Bluekoolaid . Donā€™t drink the kool-aid so to speak. You got this!

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful the sun shone today. And the temperature was so pleasant. Iā€™m grateful for the long walk I took late this afternoon.

Iā€™m grateful for my meeting tonight and for my Sangha. Iā€™m grateful for one of the shares, kind of like Billyā€™s above, that had me in tears. Iā€™m grateful for the sacredness of life, our lives, and that we can and do recover. Iā€™m grateful for the changes that recovery brings.

Iā€™m grateful for a new year. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m not making weird resolutions like how many glasses of wine I will restrict myself to, or no drinking on weeknights, or anything else unattainable. Iā€™m grateful I know that drinking is black and white for me. When it comes to some of the grey stuff of life, Iā€™m grateful to practice living with more intentionality.

Iā€™m grateful for my work. Iā€™m also grateful I have one more day before I go back to my desk! Iā€™m grateful for the break that this holiday was, a chance to replete my dwindling reserves of energy and put the gas back in my soul tank. Was getting a bit too close to ā€œEā€. Intending for that not to happen again.

Iā€™m grateful the cheese drawer is now empty and most of the other December-ish food is gone. It was good, but itā€™s gone, and Iā€™m ready for routine again. I might even try to migrate back to morning gratitude.

Iā€™m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

Thank you so much @Dazercat @Soberbilly @Cjp @Twizzlersā€¦I was reflecting on this milestone yesterday, grateful for every day since April 1st, 2022. Itā€™s not something I talk about with friends and family or expect any recognition. Youā€™ve been part of my journey for long enough to know that I live in a place where I shouldnā€™t have had access to alcohol to begin with. So when I not only had access to endless bottles and but also developed a dependency, to dig myself out of it was not easy.

It started with me realizing that I HAD to dig myself out of it. I HAD to put in the hard work, find out what worked for ME in this instance, and work on it one day at a time. I was and am responsible for my sobriety. I donā€™t expect anyone in real life to acknowledge it, much less congratulate me.

That saidā€¦it feels incredible to have your kudosā€¦because you KNOW what this is like. You are my recovery tribe. I may not know you all in person, but I feel like I know your struggles, your personalities, a bit of whatā€™s in your hearts and soulsā€¦Itā€™s a very important connection to me.

Grateful for you, I really am. :heart:

13 Likes

Grateful for sobriety
Grateful for family
Grateful to laugh
Grateful for delicious food that nourishes
Grateful for clean pajamas

14 Likes

I love that pic,love your share,love you Emm. Iā€™m grateful to share this journey with you. Liike Jerry said,what a long strange trip its been!

Crosstalk warning: my Sangha,wow!. I have 3 groups online I kinda bounce around in. Gratefully see it as one fairly large Sangha. Grateful my newest group is small and feels a bit more intimate. Two of the I think 17 souls are already in phone contact with me. So effin grateful for that contact. Iā€™m gratefully weary and at times discouraged at how most everyone prefers texting to speaking. Ok I get that weā€™re all connected via the virtual world making face-to-face often impossible. Do we agree that body language,facial expressions and more are a huge part of real communication between we naked apes? So next best is voice where at least inflection is detectable. Right? Iā€™m frustrated and not always gratefully. Sigh. Itā€™s cool,just a lil ranting,forgive me. Iā€™m grateful for the opportunity that the next 364 days lays at our feet. Our,not mines. Weā€™ll thrive in togetherness. Iā€™m giganticly grateful to grok this in fullness. Love yā€™all :heart: Namaste :pray:

God guru and Self are One

11 Likes

Ditto kiddo! I admire your bravery. Your loviing and kind soul shines. Keep polishing it. XXOOšŸ’•

5 Likes

Iā€™m very proud of you, and you do deserve congratulations :people_hugging:
You have come so far, with circumstances like having such access and your still pulled yourself out of it.
That is definitely strong off you and I hope your are proud of yourself too.
It can be extremely difficult when those around us donā€™t understand and Iā€™m glad you know we are here for you :purple_heart:
What you have accomplished is HUGE !

8 Likes

Good morning all,
Iā€™m grateful for a quiet and easy start to 2023. Iā€™m grateful for the cloudy, rainy weather weā€™ve been having. Iā€™m grateful that I read @Cjp saying she wants to be humble and welcoming to newcomers because it could easily be us. Iā€™m gonna join in on that. Usually i kinda dread the influx of new people and all that comes with it, but Iā€™m going to be grateful that they found us, and we can help. Iā€™m grateful for love and forgiveness.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

13 Likes

Iā€™m grateful I havenā€™t had a drink in 3 fucken years!!

Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m actually kinda speechless this morning.

Iā€™m grateful when I knocked over my coffee cup it was just filled with hot water, heating my cup, before I poured my coffee in it. So Iā€™m grateful that was an easy clean up.

Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ve never thought of :thinking: Just one? Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m practical and know in my entire 45 years of drinking That Never Happened!

And Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ve never had the thought :thinking: ā€œNo one would know.ā€ Iā€™d fucken know and I couldnā€™t live with myself. Iā€™m grateful Dazercat canā€™t lie. Never could. Never will. Iā€™m grateful I got too many tells. So people would know.

Iā€™m grateful for all of you and the support I get here.

Iā€™m grateful for Madonna. Like my first and second sober birthday ear worms.

Feels so good inside.
Sobriety

Get your minds out of the gutter :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I made it through the wilderness
Somehow I made it through
Didnā€™t know how lost I was
Until I found you

Sobriety

Love you guys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

19 Likes

Happy rebirth day Eric :upside_down_face::tada::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: so amazing!

7 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful the first week I never stressful at work as most people have the first week off.
I am grateful for this as my mind needs some kind of restart, too.
I am grateful drinking is no longer an option. Sometimes I think, fuck I cannot give advice to newcomers.
I am grateful that what I do is probably working on my recovery. I am grateful it doesnā€™t feel like work.
I am grateful for fresh air.
I am grateful I have enough.
I am grateful I am getting better at letting go. I used to get caught up in things so hard, like a dog biting and not letting off of the thing he caught. Thatā€™s how my mind feels sometimes. I am grateful my mind can rest some times. More often at least.
I am grateful that a new morning often solves things and doesnā€™t make it worse.

13 Likes

Boom, there it is! This is the post Iā€™ve been waiting for. Congratulations on 3 years, my friend!! Iā€™m celebrating with you from afar. I still remember your very first post. Something about it made me say to myselfā€¦ ā€œthis person is ready and Iā€™m going to walk beside him on this journey.ā€ So glad you stuck around with us crazies and I look forward to whatā€™s ahead. :heart: :partying_face:
v5NFDWRwoyqMGfLlPG

9 Likes

Congratulations a really big congratulations :tada::clap:
3 years is huge :grinning:

6 Likes

Congratulations!

6 Likes

I am greatful for this day.

9 Likes

I am grateful for your honesty
I am grateful for your loving heart and generous nature.
I am grateful for your willingness to try new things.
I am grateful for your growth and to witness your spiritual awakenings.
I am grateful youre a grandpa :older_man:
I am grateful that whenever I look out onto the ocean and all I see is blue I think if you.:blue_heart:
I am grateful that you go to meetings and that they help.
I am grateful for whats app chats.
I am grateful for finding soul family in an app.
I am grateful for your sobriety.
I am grateful for you twinnie, congrats on your 3 years of back to back fucking days through one of the hardest years for you. You did it and I am damn proud of you. :sparkles:

12 Likes

ā€œFat drunk and hungover is now way to go through my Sixtiesā€

You were one of my very first with such a warm welcome. I canā€™t believe we are both still here.
Thank you for that. :hugs:

9 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful forā€¦

@Dazercat being a part of this community and sharing his journey and helping others along the way
My sobriety, 8 months and one day
My husband and how madly in love we areā€¦its not always like this so im greatful for these good times
Boscoe even though he farted in my face this morning
Coffee
Taking action
AA fellowship
This forum
A final day off before i head back to the office
Not wanting to pick up during this downtime
Progress not perfection
All these aa phrases that seem so gimmicky but resonate so deeply
@Bluekoolaid checking in and being hopeful
Hope
Joy