Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

I’d be grateful to know why they call it a pork pie hat!? :smile: :pig:

I’m grateful that even though I feel a little sick and icky, it’s not because I’m hungover. I’m grateful I tested negative. Hope that keeps up because I have plans I’m looking forward to this weekend. I’m grateful if my plans change, no matter how, i won’t get all worked up, and nor will alcohol be the cause or effect.

I’m grateful my nap was so good. I’m not enormously grateful I’m still awake, but it’s okay. I’m grateful I can go with it, read some yawn-y work stuff to induce sleep, lol.

I’m grateful I can look back and see where hard stuff makes sense, in retrospect, or yielded a positive or necessary outcome that makes sense in my life.

I’m grateful for pals, near and far. I’m grateful for Gratidudes all over the world, right here on my screen.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

I am grateful that G took his 9 year cake tonight, and that his kids, my daughter and mom all came to help celebrate. I am grateful he asked me to present him with his medallion. He has had a BIG year… a real big year and I am grateful for people like him who show me that shit can get real in recovery and we can make it through without picking up.

Im tired, Im grateful its bedtime.

:heart:

15 Likes

Good morning, everyone.

I’m grateful I’m realizing the first stages of resentment I’m harboring towards my husband, before letting it grow and explode. I’m grateful I have a clear head to understand how I’m responding to his actions. I’m grateful that my reaction is something I can look into and control to some extent.

I want this year to be a good one, but know the next 6 months or so will not be easy on my family. I’m grateful I can look at it with clarity, without the blurring effects of alcohol, and try to make my best decisions on each step.

I’m terribly afraid to harden my heart and shut down precious feelings to cope with it all. I’m grateful I recognize this.

I’m grateful I found my favorite coffee in the store again - a cuppa first thing in the morning is a much needed treat.

14 Likes

OMG that made me laugh out loud,thank you my friend. Grateful to be alive. Grateful for a massive lightening show. And there’s this: Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck
Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck sigh
Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck Jeff Beck

God guru and Self are One

8 Likes

The puzzle just falls together when we let it. I chose this guided meditation by mistake earlier,or maybe I didn’t. Unclear but clearly it came back to my awareness reading your share Anna. Soften your :heart:. Share time. Always wishing you the best my friend​:pray:

7 Likes

I am grateful to wake up sober. I am grateful that my headache is from lack of sleep, not alcohol.

I am grateful for the family of my choosing that supports my family and holds us up.

I am grateful to represent an organization that stands up for marginalized people. I stand for humanity.

I am grateful for vulnerable shares there and here. They help me and make me want to be a better advocate for those who are suffering.

I am grateful for the Peruvian woman who stepped into our meeting last night with her daughter. We just lost all of our Spanish speaking Board members and she appeared, ready and willing to become involved (unless I scared her with my enthusiasm).

I am grateful both kids are here in the house. It’s always nice to have them here in the mornings.

I am grateful that “this too shall pass.” Whatever that appears as today,

I am grateful for the Friday womens’ meeting that begins in three minutes.

I am grateful for you.

16 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety 257? Days
My husband and how excited he gets to get in bed with me at night…its so cute
Boscoe, my puppy forever
Looking forward to 40+ degree weather and walking Boscoe
Payday
Monday off
Dreaming of a new tattoo idea
Boscoe waking me up to go outside
Keeping up with my new lifestyle
AA fellowship
TS fellowship
Everyone here taking it one day at a time

Lets kick todays ass

13 Likes

Grateful for another sober morning. Grateful for a life full of love and security, and a future I am happy to look forward to. Grateful to be in a position to make a date with my bf to visit our overcrowded municipal dog pound tonight to see if we can help and add another furry member to our little family. :heart_eyes: I’m a firm believer in the There Are No Stupid Questions school of thought, but when my love asked me if I might want to adopt another dog I thought maybe I’d finally found one. The answer is always yes lol. I’m grateful to look forward to a girl’s night with my mom and besties in her birthday in the upcoming weeks. I’m grateful that when the subject of alcohol came up with my boss and I mentioned that I don’t drink, she asked why in surprise (we have a good relationship so it wasn’t weird) I just told her I’ve already had my quota, and hers, and this other guys (pointed to rando), and she laughed and said she knew exactly how I felt and that was it. I didn’t feel anxious or ashamed, I laughed and felt relieved to share a little bit, and I’m really grateful for that.

13 Likes

I’m grateful I woke up without a hangover or regret
I’m grateful for a 3 day weekend
I’m grateful for my job that provides for my husband and 3 daughters

11 Likes

Thank you all for thinking of me :purple_heart::pray:

I’m still processing yesterday. I’m grateful I got the keys for our farm back. I’m grateful I petted not only my own cats but also a ginger sweetie at the park behind the courthouse. I don’t know whether I’m grateful or not I met my ex by chance there. Seems he will get back his driver license soon. It hurts to see him. Emotions are all over the place. Fuck, I was doing really good over the holidays. I’m grateful I decided to stay away from the farm until he moved out and we settled the finances. I’m grumpy on myself, I don’t want to feel this way. That’s hard. Letting go feels hard these days. Yesterday was the first anniversary of our dear friend’s death. I’m grateful I lit a candle and asked my ex to do so on our farm too. Our late friend loved the farm. I miss him. I miss us all being together.

I’m grateful Miss Marple curls up between my legs, my right leg will slip from the couch soon. I’m grateful for the love and snuggles my cats give me. And for their peaceful sleep and snorring. I’m grateful I cooked yummi lunch today. I’m grateful it’s friday 13th, I like this date, it was always my lucky date. I’m grateful for my cozy house and the beautiful christmas decoration I kept up. I’m grateful for a warm shower. I’m grateful for TV, I need some light distraction today. I’m grateful for the talk with my councellor this week, it still echos in me and keeps me thinking. I was doing good and now I feel stuck again. I get on my own nervs, I’m dissatisfied. I pray this shall pass too.

14 Likes

I’m grateful I didn’t react to the cement truck blocking our driveway yesterday morning when we went out to walk the dogs. I just thought maybe it will be gone before we have to leave for our appointment. It was.

Im grateful for solo afternoon Benson walks when I had to force my ass up off the couch. I’m grateful we were able to sneak out without Minnie knowing. :shushing_face: I’m grateful when I can pull one over on my geriatric dog.

I’m grateful my wife and daughter had a long text chat yesterday. We are all very stressed. I’m grateful my daughter now wants us out in Cali when Gus arrives. Now I’m stressed. That wasn’t the plan. :grimacing: I’m grateful she wants us. I’m grateful after a few hours and a sleep I’m all over it and changing plans.

I’m grateful I’m going through “This,” sober.
This = Waiting
What’s the big deal? I’m grateful I can wait soberly; and physically and mentally feel good about myself. And I’m grateful I can wait without trying to control things because some things are just out of my control. I’m grateful for the “Wisdom To Know The Difference.”

I’m grateful I already mopped the floor this morning.
I’m grateful we don’t have to do Alice fluids this morning.
I’m grateful I’m out of sugar free chocolate and basically out of sugar free snacks so I won’t be binging on them. It’s a minor binge. I’m grateful I know it’s not good and if I don’t replace and keep it out of the house I won’t eat it.
I’m grateful for food labels and I read my Parmesan crisps snacks are high in cholesterol so I’ll be 86ing those. After I finish the last bag.
I’m grateful for Minnie.
I’m grateful for Daisy and the purring tamping fest in the middle of the night and grateful I don’t think she drew blood.

I’m grateful for my daily gratitude practice it’s one of the only constants in my life. Other than Benson barking at the trucks driving by out back. :grimacing: Ya he’s barking now. I’m grateful it’s not a busy street.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs::cactus:

"Grandparents
hold our tiny
hands for just a
little while, but
Our hearts
Forever.”

Still grateful for my grandparents :heart:

18 Likes

I’m grateful it’s Friday lol

I’m grateful I could give my mom gifts while away from work for her birthday yesterday

I’m grateful to be present in life today

I’m grateful to be clean

I’m grateful to hang out with a friend this weekend enjoy a meeting, and go to a horror circus after

I’m grateful I’m attempting to become a father in my 2 year old sons life in baby steps

16 Likes

Good morning, what an amazing sleep, I am so grateful for it. I am grateful I was able to doze back off for an hour after my 6 am yoga alarm went off. Friday isnt a 6 am yoga day!!!
I am feeling curious right off the bat this morning, I have some people pleasing thoughts circling in my noggin. I am grateful to recognize them and see them for what they are. I am grateful that I know what I need and I will work on not feeling bad about taking care of my needs over making other people happy. After I have been so sick, I need sleep and I do not sleep beside a snorer, that ends that conversation about company this weekend. I am grateful that when I just say shit it is so much easier than when I get lost in my head trying to figure out ways to work stuff out. I am grateful that my intuition tells me what G’s reaction will be and I can prepare myself for it ahead of time. Screw that, I just sent him a text, I dont need to sit in his weird energy. I am grateful I protect myself today.

I am looking forward to a day at the jewelry studio, its been a long time since I have spent a day there. I am grateful for all the gems I have to play with and the silver I have to craft. I am grateful for all the tools available at the studio for me to use for a small drop in fee. I am grateful for the sense of community I get when I spend time there.

I am grateful I feel better and that I feel hungry. Ravenous actually, its amazing. I am grateful my body is taking care of itself and that my wounded mind is leaving it alone. :heart:

14 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I got some things done. Well, there was nothing big on my list. :upside_down_face:
I am grateful I had the time to get my charger for the laptop. Otherwise, knowing myself it would have been an endless inner discussion when to go. Blaaaaa.
I am grateful I got this new puzzle. It’ll be definitely more fun then the other one.
I am grateful I have enough.

18 Likes

This is so sweet!
Good luck and much fun :family_man_girl::revolving_hearts:

7 Likes
  • I am grateful to live in peace and relative safety
  • I am grateful to have a nice apartment with 2 small floors
  • I am grateful for potentials
  • I am grateful for new ideas
  • I am grateful for 2 big white very simple candles, I bought before Christmas
  • I am grateful for a 100% non-slippery yoga mat, i proofed yesterday
  • I am grateful that the pool is open at all
  • I am grateful to have a indoor pool with 50m sports area and good opening hours (until 10 pm) not far from my apartment. What would i be without that?
  • I am grateful for family meeting on Sunday
  • I am grateful not getting back to total food restriction, although I maybe gained a few pounds
  • I am grateful to be able to feel Selflove and understanding
  • I am grateful to be a good chef
  • I am super grateful for TS fam

Much love :crystal_ball::revolving_hearts:

15 Likes

Yeh,quoting your quote. It’s the best. I loved my four grandparents. Kinda crushed me when Grampa died when I was 13. Sudden and unexpected but I’m grateful to have clear memories of him. I had a very close relationship with my Nana,my mom’s mom. Grateful that cousin Nancy and I were her favorites. Everyone knew it too! Grateful it made Nancy and I close especially after her passing. Grateful for bein clean my sweet cuz was fuckin worried about me. Grateful I can celebrate straight life with her.

12 Likes

I’m grateful for the new bedding I bought today that I’ve just climbed into. How lucky am I that I get to sleep in absolute comfort, warm, safe and knowing this is where I’ll wake up in the morning.

10 Likes

Grateful for 2 weeks, and my teen hugged me today without me asking :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for a beautiful sunny day. I’m grateful I got to run this morning with my son, and run errands with my daughter. Such normal things but I remember a time when these things felt impossible. I’m grateful the day was easy and enjoyable. I’m grateful for my simpler life, and the people in it. I’m grateful for the Gratitude thread.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

11 Likes