Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Grateful for the book “Understanding Addiction” and the brand spanking new science it has taught me about addiction. Grateful for the grace this book has helped me allow for myself. Grateful that approaching 6 months I have stopped the locamotive that was traveling down the track towards death and destruction and started moving it in the exact opposite direction towards life, health, joy, and life long sobriety. Grateful to see what a feat of monumental proportion this is to stop years of momentum and get it moving in the way I want it to go.
Grateful for science, for the deeper understanding I have of how and where my brain is in the process of healing. For this I am grateful to be close to the 6 month mark where I will “feel the warmth of the sun” as I get closer to the 2 year mark where the prefrontal cortex has healed and my decisions will be more trustworthy.
Grateful to be back to the workweek where I can move forward on moving houses and making money.
Grateful for 172 days of recovery, grateful to be looking forward for many more to come. :purple_heart:

12 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me. I am grateful for recovery, yours and hoping will be able to say mine again too but still not even on day one. I am grateful for ALL my family, friends TS and the grati-dudes. I am grateful and sad to be done my most recent job at the jet ski, cottage and boat rental place. I am grateful to be done work because I officially start colllege tomorrow morning. I am grateful for music, exercise, humor and laughter. I am grateful to be less stressed as today has been a day I have been afraid of for weeks. I wasn’t sure if my appointment with a tenacy board would go well today which it did and I had an appointment at college to see if I could start tomorrow or not. Thank God I made it and got through it all with positive results. I am grateful for daily readings prayers and the twelve steps. I am more grateful when I practice them daily and my gratitude daily which I have strayed from but progress is something. I’m grateful to read most of your posts and that we can go back and read ours and others old posts anytime.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t forget to smile and breathe it feels good. Ya you!!

21 Likes

Hi All!

I’m grateful I’m 24 days sober.
I’m grateful I often forget what day I’m on and have to look.
I’m GRATEFUL TO GOD that my little orange girl Riley :smile_cat: does have hyperthyroidism (it was that or lymphoma). Now I’m :pray: the meds she has been put on help her calm down a little and gain some weight back.
I’m grateful my job is extremely busy, I’m always busy last/first week of the month, but now we’re heading into our busy season.:flushed:
I’m grateful @Shaunda shared a pic of her and her grandson, it was beautiful.:tulip:
I’m grateful for Max even when he spills the entire large water bowl in the kitchen when he’s excited for dinner. :dog: Riley shares with Max, she didn’t want her own.
I’m grateful I always have somewhere to come and read other gratitudes from all of you! Enjoy your day/evening/night from all around the world! :earth_americas::heart: :hugs:

18 Likes

I am so fortunate and grateful my husband made a decision to sell his motorcycle and buy me a “new to me” car. He couldnt stand that i was riding a bicycle to work. We are a 2 car home again thanks to his selflessness. The tiny windshield wipers on the headlights crack me up.

Im grateful for @I.cant.We.can posting your gratitude. Good luck starting college and congrats on that step! You are in my thoughts, the struggle is truly there and very real.

Im grateful for Maxine and getting to read about Max and riley. It always warms my heart and i can just imagine their little personalities through your words. Animals of all kinds bring me such joy.

Im grateful for my counseling session today. I really needed her guidance on a few things. I got some homework for the week and im even grateful for that.

Im grateful there were so many people around in the meetings the last few days, i needed all their experience and wisdom.

Im grateful i will have choice and freedom again to come and go whenever i need or want.

19 Likes

Double dipping into gratitude again today. I am grateful for the happiness mantra on ST today, for the reminder that happiness isn’t by accident, it’s something that we design and build. Grateful that it reminds me so much of my most favorite quote “life is not about finding yourself, it’s about CREATING yourself”. Grateful to get thisreminder while I’m feeling temporarily deflated and frustrated that surprise I can’t just immediately jump ship and move where my fiance is living, no matter how much we want to or what we thought the arrangement was supposed to have been it’s just not going to work. Grateful to remember while I’m actually in the thick of things that I’m not in charge, I need to step out of my own way and let happen what’s supposed to happen.
Grateful even more now for the book I mentioned this morning, which gives me a little insight into my rash decision making skill that are still present and hanging on. Grateful that I can see it in myself, grateful that this might be a really valuable lesson and opportunity for brain growth and development.
Grateful for IOP right now, grateful for how grounded I’ll feel in two hours when I’m done.:heart:
Really grateful for insight at this moment.

16 Likes

Morning,
I’m grateful my Dr called and invited me in for my flu jab, I probably wouldn’t have booked it myself. I’m grateful it’s done but it has knocked me a litte bit, I’m achey and tired but not complaining.
I’m grateful we all arrived home at the same time yesterday evening and everyone chipped in to help make fajitas for my son’s birthday, it really made a difference.
I’m grateful my partner is almost at 2 months af. Yesterday he got up at 4am to chop the fallen branch. He sorted new tyres for my car, fixed my daughter’s car and even washed both our cars too. He never would have done all that had he still been drinking.
I’m grateful to be happy being sober and that being sober makes me happy :sparkling_heart:

16 Likes

Today i am grateful i felt loved. I am grateful to move my body and grateful for the space i have to grow food to nourish it.

17 Likes

Im grateful for the power of choice, especially when in an unhealthy meeting. I dont have to choose to stay. I can politely leave.

Im grateful for the car i have to get me to a meeting this morning. My head is seriously messing with me after last night. I dont have to let it keep messing with me. Im grateful i know the tools to help stop or at least slow down the insanity of it.

Im grateful for guided meditations, especially on mornings like this one where my mind is racing with thoughts and i hyper focus on them without a little assistance.

Im grateful for all your shares. I truly am. They always uplift me.

11 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im greatful for…

My sobriety, 129 days free from weed and alcohol
My husband who decided to join me on this sober journey
Boscoe and all his cuteness
In person AA meetings
A productive day at work yesterday
Faith
Spiritual and personal growth
My folks
My sponsor
Fellowship
Everyone here doing their best with these demons

Let us go out and slay the day soberly!

14 Likes

I am grateful that I can count on the sun rising and setting everyday. Knowing that a beautiful new day starts every 24 hours is so valuable.
I am grateful that I can hang on and that although that last 3 weeks have been a challenge I have not drank, used drugs, ate sugar, self injured, burried myself in video games nor spent thousands of dollars I dont have online shopping.
I am grateful that I have filled my spiritual tank and overfill tank to the max because I am amid depleating them both.
I am grateful that I can come down to the ocean to watch the sunrise after hard nights like last. I am grateful I can cry, and that I can feel it when my heart says she is lonely.
There was a time in my life where I was ashamed to feel lonely. To me that meant I was unwanted, that I was the cast away, the one who had been thrown to the side. It wasnt until this week that I have ever admitted to feeling lonely, and I do, I feel lonely. After being with people everyday for the last year and leading my busy life, this being stuck in the house, isolated, is killing my spirit. I am grateful that my spirit is resilient and loves to be on fire, she will be back there in no time.
I am grateful for my kiddo and my mom and their help when I hurt myself last night right before bed. I stubbed my toe so hard my baby toenail is completely lifted off but still attached by the cuticle. Nobody needs to do that right before bed. I am grateful that I let myself cry, not because it hurt, but because I felt fucking defeated. I am grateful I dont have to put on a brave face anymore, I dont have to always be stoic, “the strong girl”, the one who can take all the shots. I am grateful that I can be soft and that I can embrace my pains wether they are emotional, physical or both.
I am grateful that tomorrow will be 10 days from my first symptom of COVID so I can get a cuddle and a kiss.

18 Likes

I am very happy to read your post @I.cant.We.can. Grateful you are getting some things you want,like starting college. Am I grateful for Feel Good Hit of the Summer by Queens of the Stoneage? F*%k yeh. It just played on my iPod via shuffle. I always find it funny how he jitters out cocaine. I’m grateful that I am true to self. I am embracing Buddhism but I ain’t ignoring my rock n roll soul. Never. I am filled with unending gratitude for so many blessings layed before me. Where once I was blind now I can see. I’m grateful for the beauty of it all. For loving awareness guided meditation with Ram Dass. For Chitta-Vritti-Nirodha previously unknown to me but profoundly affecting. I am most grateful for my sobriety and for being liberated from ptsd + MDD. I am grateful for this thread this supportive community. Have a great day Brian and everyone :grinning: blessed be

10 Likes

I’m grateful I feel like I’m taking my life back! Currently, ODAAT. Because that’s the only way to do it! Especially since I made all these baby travel plans and doctors and vet appointments for the future yesterday. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:
Im grateful I took a day off yesterday.
I’m grateful y’all are still here. I haven’t read anything but I know y’all are here spiritually in the gratitude zone.

This morning I’m grateful I did what I, Ya. What I wanted to do.
I’m grateful I had my coffee on the deck with the dogs in the cool mountain air with the guy manicuring the golf course and birds singing and lawn mower noises and the ponderosa pines and my warm hoodie. No screens. No prayers. No devotionals. Just me and my coffee and my surroundings outside.

I’m grateful for Al-Anon.

I’m grateful hardly anyone showed up last night :grimacing: i was chairing the meeting. I wanted a crowd. I worked so hard all week killing myself to pick just the right topic, and as I mention, I learned I got to give myself a break. And then hardly anyone showed. :man_facepalming::joy: I’m grateful for that very humbling experience. We had a crowd the week before and I wanted to……. Ya, I wanted to show off…… I wanted to be the best………I wanted the……attention……ya I can admit it. I’m just so grateful I am learning I don’t have to do that. I’m grateful right now. I’m good enough.

I’m grateful it was a great meeting last night. 3 out of 5 strangers shared some meaningful tears. Ya I was one of those 3. I’m grateful for the power of sharing in front of strangers and crying and letting myself be so venerable. I’m grateful I’m gonna fix myself. Who else can I fix? And it might take some time. I’m grateful I’m going to let it take as long as it takes.

I’m grateful for my Courage To Change book, although it’s up in Canada :wink: I can still access it :hugs:. I’m grateful @ShesGotMoxie
Moxie sent me my favorite passage in that book. Kind of threw it up in my face. And I loved it. January 2. I got to quit going to the hardware store for bread. I’m grateful I look at that differently today. I built up a wall around that hardware store. Oh it was a big wall. Impenetrable!! And I never thought where to go for that bread. I just kept building that wall around the hardware store. Because there was no bread there. And I didn’t want to make that mistake again. Because it hurts. I was stuck.
I’m grateful I learned I need to reach into my heart for that bread. Because that’s where it is somewhere. And I’m grateful I’m going to find it.
Miss you Moxie. always in my prayers :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
BTW.
The hardware store is my wife.
The bread is love :heart:
And if I can’t find :heart: In me. Because I don’t think I’m ever good enough. :cry: How am I going to find it in the person I love the most.
:pray:t2::heart:

Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.
@ life hack

17 Likes

Today I am grateful that I am following through on promises. Yesterday, My kids asked me yesterday if they could have french toast for breakfast today. I promised I would make it for them. Old me would have promptly forgot or come up with an excuse the next morning as to why I didn’t do it.

12 Likes

Oh… I am grateful that on closer inspection that my toenail is actually gone. I am grateful for this because if it had been attached at all I would have spent hours at urgent care today. I am grateful I HAMMERED my toe so hard last night while I was crying feeling sorry for myself that I ripped my fucking toenail off. Yeah I am super grateful I did that last night and that the day is over and today is a new day.

:sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Hi All,
I’m grateful I’m on 25 days today🥳, this beat my 2nd best stretch.
I’m grateful as of today I’m done with August at my work.:+1:
I’m grateful I still have 3 vacation days to use before my 7 year anniversary in 3 weeks.:nerd_face:
I’m grateful my son texted me today and asked if he and his 2 boys could come over this weekend.:two_men_holding_hands:
I’m grateful Riley😺 started her hyperthyroid meds, let’s see if they calm the hyper part.
I’m grateful for Max🐶, being Max. Sweet as can be, super laid back to a point of being a little lazy.
I’m grateful for the friends I’ve made here. :hugs:
I’m grateful to God for always listening :pray: my job is to never lose faith and know it will work out in the end.:innocent:
I’m grateful for my new hobby that fills my free time.:gem:
I’m grateful for Max wishing he would hear me take out his dinner plate, then he knows he’s about to eat.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Max eats off a plate, when I first fed him from a bowl, he’d inhale his food so fast he would choke himself. The plate helps :white_heart:
Enjoy your day!! :star_struck:

18 Likes

I’m grateful I just reread my gratitude today I needed an extra dose and I don’t even know what venerable means :grimacing::man_facepalming:

Vulnerable

I fucken meant vulnerable.
What a doofus. Fricken typo :joy::joy::joy:
Bootz? Alisa? Why didn’t y’all catch that?

12 Likes

Sending a hug. Hope your toe feels better♥️
So happy you are getting over covid well and that you can get a cuddle and a hug from your daughter :hugs:

8 Likes

Congratulations on 25 days​:clap::hugs:

8 Likes

I caught it but I am helping you let go of your need to be perfect. I am reading a great book right now its call Addicted to Perfection.

I am grateful for this…

10 Likes

Grateful Erin gave me this gift.

11 Likes