Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety
My husbands sobriety
A nice walk with Boscoe yesterday, used to say it had to be over 40degrees to walk…adjusted that to above 32
Healthy eating
My husband massaging my restless legs and putting me to sleep last night :heart:
A great step meeting
Ive led 4 straight weeks and havent flaked
A productive day at work
Boscoe even tho the derp woke me up at 530am by jumping on my head
My folks
Planning my moms 70th trip…slowly with the group
Patience
Hope
Love
All of you

Peace to all on your journies

16 Likes

I’m grateful for my little family, for my extended family, for my chosen family, for my work family, and for all of you. I’m grateful for things to look forward to: spin class with ladies from work over lunch, a girls weekend with family, a puppy that will soon be housetrained lol, getting to spend each day with a man I love, watching my friends and family grow and learn and knowing that even though we all have different paths they always remain connected.

16 Likes

It’s late afternoon here and I’m already tired. I’m grateful I’m tired from doing a lot of office work today and minor chores. It went well and I was efficient, not sidetracked, no overthinking, no inconveniences, a dozen odds and ends completed. I am grateful for this day and all that’s off my desk now :pray:

I’m grateful for coffee and a nice talk at my elderly neighbour’s house. A relaxing lunch break. I’m grateful he mentioned delivery service and how often he uses it because it’s comfortable. I just ordered my dinner, that’s my treat for accomplishing so much paperwork today. The kitchen stays cold and clean :blush:

I’m grateful the cats snuggle up on and beside me on the couch. I’m grateful I brought home fresh cat gras yesterday, they were exited.

I’m grateful I handled emotional moments well today. Some of the paperwork concerned my late mum. It made me sad, I missed her. I cried. I took breaks. Did breath meditation. Walked around the block. I’m grateful that helped me to stay on track. I’m at peace with the things that have to be done. One step after another.

I’m grateful I allow myself to wait for the delivery on the couch with the cats. My nervous brain wants to continue working because it thinks it’s in the flow. I know I need a pause and dinner, otherwise I will be too exhausted tomorrow. I’m grateful I slowly learn to stop myself before I overdo it. This would never have happened if I was still with my ex. I’m grateful for this insight :pray:

15 Likes

So much inspiration here. And worded so beautifully by so many. Like you,yeh you (do I have to pay a copyright fee to Brian now?) Have a great day my friend.

10 Likes

Today I am grateful for

• a day off
  • compliments
  • very respectful and goal oriented conversation with a dentist regarding a little surgery
  • that I was able to use the single day off,
    as a real holiday
  • a 3000 Meter swim that burned
    over 1100 cal
  • a long warm shower at the pool
  • a delicious homemade vegan chicken burger with spelt bun
  • the new dryer
  • mum
  • my niece
  • having work
  • having opportunities
  • freedom
  • autonomy
  • glowing skin
  • a nap, now
  • to be able to feel love

:blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart:

19 Likes

I’m grateful for

“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
– Gilbert C. Chesterton

15 Likes

Today I’m grateful I met someone new and she brought the best out of me. She is a massagist, and I’m really in pain due to a running injury. After the massage (and the talk) my body felt better and my soul felt comforted, reassured.

Today I’m grateful that the feeling was so good, that I gave something I had bought as a special treat to myself to a friend, to whom I’m grateful, as she introduced me to this massagist. I hope she likes it.

I’m grateful for connections to beautiful souls in this world…the ones I know, the ones near, the ones far, the ones I’m still going to meet :heart:

14 Likes

Today I am grateful for my.clients and all they teach me - I am most grateful for their acceptance.of me into the hearts of their families and the trust they place in me. I want to be healthy for them, which encourages my sobriety. I am grateful for the rain that helps me to appreciate the sunny days, as.well as the shorter days, which encourages evening self care and early-to-bed times. I am grateful for the healthy options in my kitchen. I’m grateful for my son coming by after school for lunch (hes a senior and gets our at noon :astonished:) even on weeks with his dad - I’ll welcome extra hugs any time! I’m grateful for the opportunity to start my own business . If I am not sober this will not work, so this also supports my most important goal of recovery.

I’m grateful for TS, this thread, and all of you! Thank you for all you share - it helps so much!

14 Likes

I’m grateful for this quiet but busy day. Grateful for the quiet morning to plow through some work at my desk. Grateful for meetings this afternoon that went well, at least insofar as I could control… which is not really at all! Just myself. What a relief.

Grateful for getting snow. January should be snowy here, and it looks just beautiful. Especially a few days of the socked-in-sky.

Grateful for a walk tonight after dark, just to clear my mind and feel the fresh air on my face. To feel so alive.
Grateful for the yummy veggie bean stew I made. Comfort food.
Grateful for the tunes I’m unwinding to.

Grateful for the company of Gratidudes. For sharing the mundane and the inane. Our deep grief and heartache. Our joys and delights. We are all unique, no question. But this thread is like a slice of life - no matter where we are and how different our lives may look or be on paper or in real life, we all really have much more in common than not, hey?
Very, very grateful for you all.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful for @Soberbilly’s n-n-n-n-nine months! You’re right, you might hafta ask @I.cant.We.can if you can use “ya you”. Ya you! :laughing:

Always grateful to see Brian. Ya you. :wink:

And oh, I’m so grateful to see @Pandita’s travel impressions! A sensory feast! :orange_heart:

10 Likes

Good evening.

I am grateful that healing between two people goes both ways. I am grateful for the shares I heard tonight at the correction facility and I am grateful that I didnt seem to give a shit tonight and totally cross talked. I was not in control of my actions and I didnt stop myself because everything was coming from my heart. I am grateful that 98% of the time I share I dont remember what I said afterwards, and I am grateful for that because I would probably overthink what I had said. I am grateful that I can feel the shift between when I share from my heart to my head and when that shift happens is when i end my share. I am grateful for the vulnerability of the members who sat in a healing circle with me tonight, I am grateful for their clean time, 30 days, 7 days… I am grateful to be an addict and to have opportunities to share recovery with other addicts who seek it.

15 Likes

Morning gratitude. I’m grateful for your post Em @M-be-free49 It is beautiful :orange_heart:

I woke up early and was deeply grateful for HALT. Yesterday evening a friend called to say thank you for my birthday wishes to her. Another friend called, we talked about the call he had with my ex on his birthday last week. I’m grateful I listened, proceeded the information and let go after taking some notes. I’m grateful I was just stunned, not angry, that my ex doesn’t know anything about how much money his lawyer claimed for settling the finances when we divorced. He seated right next to his lawyer :thinking: He doesn’t remember …

I’m grateful I ended both calls when I became tired of talking. I’m grateful I listen to my needs and I can set healthy, kind boundaries with dear people.
I’m grateful I ate when I became nervous. I was hungry.

I’m grateful this :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2: helped me to stay sober and go to bed. Slept bad, feel tired and worn out. Too many thoughts spinning around in my head. This too shall pass after a hot shower and a pot of delicious tea :blush:

16 Likes

I’m grateful for my Recovery / Discovery. Grateful that I have the opportunity this morning to do some more work on becoming a better version of myself. Tending to some of my hurts and confusions instead of trying to pretend -and failing at that- they don’t exist. X

16 Likes

Oh so glad you shared @Pandita’s photos. I couldn’t find them. They are gorgeous. Thanks for your love and support Emm! :heart:

7 Likes

Today I am grateful for the peace before dawn and for records that play unfiltered, raw emotions of people going through the same battles of inner conflict, praying the “bottle [doesn’t] win again.” I am so grateful for a sunny day ahead and the ability to progress a little further in training and try to get a little faster and go a little further. I’m grateful for the opportunity to design my own schedule today and do what’s most important to me, one step at a time. I’m grateful for the little things like coffee and kitty cuddles, as well as the big ones like my son’s love and the inner peace and contentment I feel sometimes during each day. I am most grateful that each day I am sober, I believe that inner peace will grow.

12 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful for sleep, and how much better it’s gotten since being sober. I’m grateful for hot coffee and a good Audible book for my morning commute. I’m grateful I have a job that pays the bills, and grateful to recognize that it might be time to start looking for something else. I’m grateful for my family and our home. I’m grateful we have enough.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

11 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 270 days free
My wonderful husband
Boscoe, of course
A productive day yesterday
Looking forward to another productive day today
An easy dinner last night, after getting home later than usual
Keeping to my healthier eating
Looking forward to a few walks friday
Trying new recipes
Long johns
Great coworkers
AA fellowship
Being inspired here to look at a Recovery Dharma meeting here in town
All of you!

Peace light and love

11 Likes

I’m grateful that even though I may still wake up with aches and pains of unknown provenance, I don’t have to worry that it’s because my drunk a** did some dumb sh** that I have to get all Sherlock Holmes on.

14 Likes

I’m grateful I didn’t have any nightmares last night.
Grateful my headache is starting to get better.
Grateful for hot showers.
For coffee.
Spending time with my boyfriend last night.
My cats.
The IOP program I’m in.
The therapists and doctors.

16 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I try to be kind to myself today. Not feeling it. Shut up nasty voice. The weather is adding to feeling low. I am grateful I don’t have to go anywhere today.
I am grateful my stomach is feeling better now and I am not freezing atm.
I am grateful January is over soon especially with this extended version of November weather.

15 Likes