Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

We’re actually going to Moonshadows.
I didn’t know whether to go to Dukes or Moonshadows. Please advise.

2 Likes

For dinner? Moonshadows. For fish tacos: Dukes or Malibu Seafood.

Duke’s is waaaaayyyyy too laid back for a nice dinner. They generally have killer happy hour apps.

3 Likes

It’s lunch on Thursday.
I don’t know either one of the places. I just want to be on the water. So I don’t expect much from the food. Should I change my res to Dukes?

2 Likes

Duke’s is a mood and definitely Malibu tourism. :slight_smile:

Moonshadows is beautiful. I used to brunch at Moonshadows. Solid food, solid atmosphere.

3 Likes

Going with Dukes now.
If you want to join us it’s at Noon Thursday.
They got a nice Mocktail list.
And the fish tacos sound great!
I’m grateful for you.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

You’ll definitely save some $$$$! XXOO

3 Likes

Today I’m again grateful for a normal day. For my snuggling furballs who turn into office cats after I started sitting at the desk. I’m grateful they want their share of the desk and cuddles. Working like this is such a grace. I’m grateful I can work at my speed. I’m grateful I got lotta paperwork done today. I’m grateful for today’s therapy. It was intense and felt so right. Like doing the right thing. I’m grateful I made healthy lunch and took the rest of the afternoon off. No need to overdo anything. I’m grateful that I’m already tired, grateful for a normal, ok, productive, insightful, lovely day allthough it’s early evening. Grateful for early sleeping.

13 Likes

Good morning.

I am grateful that the stomach flu I was blindsided with yesterday (yes another) only lasted 24 hours. I am grateful that my daughter has her license so she could drive home from the highschool while I puked in the front seat beside her. :nauseated_face: I am grateful for times like those, and the reminder that I am powerless over my body. Pulling over to the side of the road repeatedly to vomit as I tried to get back to the school to pick up my kid was a humbling experience.

I am grateful for earl grey tea with milk and honey. I am grateful for books that stay scattered all over my california king bed. I was considering down sizing to a queen but decided it was a bad idea. I am grateful for my book lamp, for all of the notebooks I get to fill with words; poems, journalling, notes.

I am grateful for my slowcooker because it allows me to cook healthy meals for my daughter without much thought. I need that, it works well for me. At her pediatrician appointment the Dr said she was underweight and talked to her about setting an alarm to eat. Without getting into my head too much about it I have just been trying to cook more for her. Its so damn hard but the last thing I want is for this eating disorder to continue into another generation. I am grateful for my recovery and that I am not in a place where I beat myself up anymore. I know that I always try my best. A single mother who has an active eating disorder trying to feed an autistic child with unmedicated ADHD is no small feat. I will keep trying.

19 Likes

Grateful to get home after a busy busy day to a lovely meal, made by my partner, warming in the oven.
Grateful to eat and slide into bed, I’ve nothing pressing to stay up for.
I’m grateful to have just chosen a gratitude meditation, I’ve got out of the habit I don’t know why, because I love it.
Grateful to help a friend who slipped and broke her wrist - ouch!
I’m grateful to realise when I’m doing too much. I’m doing too much atm, I need to make some changes.
I’m grateful to see you, ya you!

16 Likes

I think that’s enough @TryingJoy. I’m grateful to have a hierarchy of values. I visualize a pyramid with sobriety the top piece. I mistakenly thought my spirituality was the top piece. I now understand if I lose my sobriety all the pieces beneath that top piece will fall and cave in leaving me in a place I can no longer inhabit. That’s a really good mantra to repeat to yoursel. :pray:

12 Likes

I’m grateful it’s 9pm and I feel asleep since 5:30pm dreams were weird but grateful they were cool at the same time.
Grateful I still have dinner to eat as I slept through usual meal time.
Grateful with each day I am feeling back to myself, not quite there but going back to basics and keeping it simple is doing the trick.
Grateful for my eye mask headphones which make the meditation having a bigger impact on me.
I’m grateful for the chip shop where I’ll walk soon to get some dinner … why mess up the kitchen tonight when it’s ready for tomorrow… keeping it simple.
Grateful to be able to pay bills on time.
Grateful to be able to help those who are homeless and sleeping in the cold, wish I could do more but do what I can. Grateful they have eachother.

:purple_heart:

20 Likes

Grateful for this space to vent as well as get inspired by others. Grateful for everyone here. Grateful for my family. Grateful to be sober.

15 Likes

I’m grateful that I noticed I was starting to feel sick today. I’m grateful I had a healthy dinner with tons of fresh garlic and tea. I’m grateful it’s 7.46 and I’m already snuggled in bed.
I’m grateful I have an immunity meditation and my weekly meditation to do tonight.
I’m grateful I get excited about meditation at night.
I’m grateful that my breakup has not been as painful as it was before. I’m grateful I can accept that there is something bigger falling into place.
I’m grateful I can always choose joy and choose to let go of control and surrender.
I’m grateful for love and trust.
I’m grateful that when my head starts to race and I get panicky- I take a deep breath and know that I can trust the process with an open heart.
I’m grateful I’m not obsessing
I’m grateful that when I allow myself kindness and understanding, things become less tangled and scary.
I’m grateful for puppies
I’m grateful for all the paths that led me to who I am today. Even the difficult ones.
I’m grateful I’m learning what it means to make myself feel truly supported.
Ian was the first person who ever made me feel safe, ever. He was my safety net, my protector.
I’m grateful sobriety has led me down a path where I can be my own protector. I’m proud of all the work I’ve done to learn just how strong, loving, and capable I am.
I’m grateful for the people here who have helped show me that.
I’m grateful that I know that whatever turns life takes I will always have me and that makes me feel extremely safe :heart:

19 Likes

I’m grateful today was a good day.

I’m grateful I had therapy today. I’m grateful I can show up with my detritus and leave with mulch. Or compost perhaps. Or other rich material that good things grow from. I’m grateful to be able to laugh and to cry and then laugh again.

I’m grateful I had fewer zoom meetings today and that they went well. (Lotsa people in my work world popping off lately and losing their minds/sh*t in one way or another. Stress, life, you name it.) I’m grateful for the fruits of recovery - that as I extend grace and compassion to myself its easier to extend the same to others.

I’m grateful to feel the bedrock of contentment take hold. Days might be good or hard, but underneath it all is contentment. Thank you, recovery. I can rest easier at night and greet the new day refreshed. Dread rarely comes around anymore. I can’t believe how long I let it companion me, dread/drink. I’ll take awe instead. Awe at the most simple, beautiful things. Like fresh snow.

I’m grateful for simple luxuries. My washer and dryer. (Some mild dread at the state of my laundry. I need to tackle it the way @Lisa07 cleans up our threads! Grateful for her.)

I’m grateful for all of you. For this place and space.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for your words. No more living in an inhabitable place. :orange_heart:

11 Likes

I am grateful I still feel profoundly relaxed, although being back to work immediately proved the be the circus it has always been. I am grateful I realize that this is also part of what makes this job appealing to me. I uploaded some travel impressions on the nature thread @M-be-free49 @Soberbilly. Selecting, which pictures to upload was harder than I thought, but I am grateful it gave me the opportunity to indulge in warm memories a while longer :blush:.
I am grateful you checked in Brian. Your words have always made my heart lighter and my days brighter. Grateful you were here, when I decided to let go of alcohol for good. Would be happy to see you around more often again.
I am grateful for strong morning coffee, longer days and shorter nights. The first birds have started singing their tunes. Spring is on its way :orange_heart:

15 Likes

Beautifully written :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Oh boy,I can’t wait to see your photos. Thank you. I am overflowing with gratitude and humility. I am grateful for the number 9. I am grateful for Insight timer. I am grateful I was group secretary at last night’s refuge recovery in–person. Last minute fill in for my mentor who had a medical procedure and couldn’t fill his usual role. Grateful for feeling equanamous. It’s always a small group,so only three of us,nonetheless it was a really good meeting. I shared a beautiful loving kindness meditation I stumbled onto on IT. And we bypassed the reading,just kinda went down that way,and got right into shares. Wow they were so good. I have love for Barb and Mike. I see the light shining in them both. Truly. My monkey mind is very active. Evan,my beautiful boy,is arriving in 2 days. Fryyay! And Bianca and Anika will be here right after for a visit. I am blessed. I am humble. I got the music in me!! Grateful for all of y’all. Namaste :pray:

God guru and Self are One

14 Likes

And there you are Caroline. And that’s all you ever really need,right? So grateful for your presence :heartbeat: have a blessed day.

10 Likes

Congratulations on DAY 25!! Keep it going Claire. I am button bursting with pride for you. Yay!!

10 Likes