Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

Day 19 ( I missed yesterday :sob:, but I’m still sober :muscle:)

Today I am grateful for…

My long walks.
Really good food. It feels good to put healthy things in my body for a change.
My friend in Washington and our text conversations.
My mom getting the caregiving job!
My boyfriend for his spontaneity, and for buying me lunch.
Movies.
Laughter and smiles. I’ve gone months before without much of those two, so I’m so happy to experience these moments.
The gorgeous weather.
Doggos.
My mom, dad, and brother.
Delicious, clean water.
My comfy bed.
Sleep.
Clean clothes.
My second sober fam her on TS. You guys rock! :metal::rock:

14 Likes

Thank you @williambloke and @dazercat – I had to look up cats making biscuits and grateful that I did – how adorable
@sissychris39 Oh Sheena this was lovely to read – grateful that you have such a lovely open relationship with your mom
@i.cant.we.can awe – thanks. It is cool to know so many people here on TS that our daily lives are filled with reminders of our friends here. Grateful to see you pop in on the thread – I know you’ve been busy with work and life – lovely to see that you are still doing so well. Have a wonderful time making new memories

Guess what - It’s Friday! Wishing all my sober friends a very happy FRIDAY
I am so grateful for waking up naturally and wanting to make the most of this day - grateful for the air in my lungs and for my heart pumping in my chest. grateful to be alive yet another day - grateful for the chance to make this day count.
I am so grateful that i again am at the fuck this shit attitude and will do my best to not focus on pain / symptoms etc. Grateful to be working my mind muscles and making them stronger. Mind over matter - right?
I am so grateful for a cloudy overcast day - what a lovely gift the storms left behind
I am so grateful for showers - lovely refreshing showers - grateful for the bristly shower brushes that deeply exfoliate the tissue
I am so grateful for my family. I feel so very blessed to have such love and support. I am realizing that so many do not and i’ve taken this for granted for so long. Grateful that i am not taking anything for granted any more and counting all my blessings
I am so grateful that its 9 am and i’m finishing my 2nd cup of coffee - hell it’s Friday - i may even have a 3rd… :thinking:
I am so grateful for yummy food - was really looking forward to watermelon this morning but my brother beat me to it (only had a little bit left) - grateful for living so close to the grocery store - will make a quick run to get me my watermelon fix :wink:
I am so grateful for my daily practices that keep me grounded but also help me stay positive - grateful for meditation and prayer for laughter and love - They all piece together for the perfect spiritual support system.
I am so grateful for my Higher Power - grateful that i feel looked after and secure in this world.
I am so grateful for Talking Sober - love how much i gain daily from this site and love my connections here. Grateful for all of YOU.
Have a kick ass day everyone - sending much love :heart: :heart:

EDIT
LOL - I am so grateful for my 7 months of sobriety - funny how it wasn’t # 1 on my list…

13 Likes

Grateful I can go on holidays with my son and his mother
Grateful I have a roof above my head
Grateful for meetings
Grateful my employer replaces my leasecar with a smaller one and not takes it away fully
Grateful I’m still alive

12 Likes

Jazz what are your daily practices? I’m really really struggling :sleepy: I hurt and feel so uncomfortable.

5 Likes

I’m grateful I haven’t had a panic attack during this sobriety journey. I think they were caused before by binge drinking and messing up my nervous system.
I’m grateful to hear my daughter still laugh in her sleep, she’s 12
I’m grateful my body has endured all of the stress I’ve put on it and still performs.
I’m grateful I can be my authentic self on this app because I’ve put on a performance for far too long.

11 Likes

I am so sorry that you are struggling my friend.

I have found that making a list of at least 10 things to be grateful for and actually visualizing and feeling the gratitude’s as i write them out (if that makes sense) has really helped

I do try to focus on my HP at every turn and give thanks even when i feel like shit - for being given this time on earth for being the awesome beings that we are for getting a chance to experience it all.

I do pray / meditate (everyone has their own way of doing so ) - i just repeat a mantra (for me it’s the name i’ve given my higher power - i do this in unison with deep breathing - taking in loads of healthy oxygen in and exhaling all the dirty carbon dioxide) – this helps center me and connects me to me and to my HP (the energy of life around us).

A lovely meditation thread Meditation for Serenity 2023! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 2 years running woot!) - check this out to see if you find something that would work for you.

you are not alone my friend - the first thing is to know we can’t do this alone - second is to love and care for yourself (after all the time of neglect - no room for self hatred.

I do hope that this has helped you in some way. I do hope that you are able to kick back and enjoy the Ozark with your daughter. :people_hugging: :heart:

10 Likes

Good morning grateful friends,

I’m grateful for another day sober.
I’m grateful I get free physical therapy as a job benefit. Grateful the clinic is 5 minutes away.
I’m grateful my headache isn’t quite as bad today.
I’m grateful I can stay safe indoors during our regular bad storms. Summer means constant afternoon thunderstorms.
I’m grateful for this community and your support.
Baby steps
OFDAAT

11 Likes

You know, I saw a meditation guide on Netflix and tried to listen to one on YouTube. It was foreign to me so I couldn’t concentrate well but I’M WILLING and OPEN TO ANY RELIEF :sob::two_hearts: I think just typing about all my feelings helps. I just dont get 5 days ago I was soooo optimistic and pumped up and 11 days I’m in a tornado of emotions and want to crawl in my fully stocked alcoholic cave with the other demons. But, I look at my daughter right now and once I saw the light I can’t turn back.

5 Likes

“Free physical therapy” yes! They can be so helpful in giving one direction and pushing us out over our limits to healing. They are amazing and hope you find relief from yours. :hugs:

4 Likes

Totally get this my friend – so very normal. The early stages we are learning to be with ourselves after so much time living in a fog. All the emotions are now surfacing that we have suppressed for so long. You are strong enough to handle this - don’t let it scare you.
Do find your way of facing them and dealing - again, can not be done alone - i do hope you have someone to talk to irl or can go to meetings (possibly find a sponsor)… writing it out does do wonders too - so keep coming back and sharing your journey.

5 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 446 days free
Clean, healthier teeth per the dentist
Morning time with the hubby
Boscoe cuddles
Countdown til vacation next thursday
Friday!
Get to go grocery shopping tonight
Gonna chill with my mom tonight
Healthy baked brocolli and chicken for lunch
Friendly neighbors
Caught up at work
Calendar reminders
All of you!

We can. Together.

10 Likes

I’m grateful when I see newer people on this thread and their gratitude list is getting a bit longer. I’m grateful we got so much to be grateful for the longer we’re clean and sober.
And I’m still grateful I’m sober and hangover free. And I’m still grateful for the number of days 1296. And I’m grateful to take another ODAAT or an OFDAAT today with everyone. Whatever it takes.

I’m grateful I had Benson on my lap and Mavy made up to the top of my chair so I had him kind of on my shoulders at the same time. I’m grateful Alice made an appearance and took over the lap spot after Benson left and now I can hear her purring away in her heated bed. Grateful to do my gratitude now with Daisy on my right thigh side of my lap as she does. I’m grateful for the plastic little springs Mavy plays with. I’m grateful for the cigar I caught Beatrix playing with on the counter in my junk inbox. Catnip cigar :smile_cat:

Grateful for my walk with Benson yesterday. Grateful for the momma and baby ducks we saw in the pond. I’m calling the momma duck Lisa :kissing_heart: I hope I see Momma Lisa again today.
And her babies.

I haven’t seen Brian around the golf course lately. Maybe it’s too busy with all the people around playing golf. Grateful I might see him in the off season. But I think of him often living on a golf course. I’m grateful for the Great Blue Heron when it graces my appearance.

I’m grateful for my meeting yesterday and chairing it on the fly. I’m usually very well prepared and it was nice to just pick a reading and go with it. I’m grateful the reading was “why the alcoholic drinks.” And why we want to know why the alcoholic drinks. I’m grateful it’s exhausting trying to figure out why the alcoholic drinks and I don’t have to do that. I’m grateful it doesn’t really matter why the alcoholic drinks. ( from an Al-Anon standpoint.) It’s a disease.

I’m grateful for yesterdays golden nugget I got at my Al-Anon meeting yesterday. :point_down: :pray:t2: :heart::point_down: :heart:

Just be nice.
Patrick

12 Likes

I start counseling for substance abuse and grief on Tuesday and will be going 3x a week to AA when I get home :heartpulse: it’s just smelling wine on the plane, seeing everyone pack their coolers, IS MAKING ME MAD lol so I skipped the lake with them and will kayak by myself and scream. Just scream in the woods :wood::rofl: hopefully no one thinks I’m in trouble. Add physical exhaustion in my gratitude list because I’m trying to run and swim the icks away daily. Meditation will be next.

7 Likes

Love this and i often dance like a fool and scream to let out the frustration and let loose…i do hope it works…kayaking-- ooh im jealous- have fun!!!

Sounds like a great plan laid out for a healthy support system when you get back from vaca :clap:
Dont mind the others - relax and try to enjoy your time with your daughter

4 Likes

Thank you Jaz :heartpulse: I can’t imagine how many people you and @Starlight14 have helped on this app. Thank you guys :white_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you Brian. What an awesome share. You rock. Ya you!

5 Likes

Today I’m grateful I was brave, mastered my anxiety and now have blinking shiny theeth. What an experience. I’m grateful for this new experience.
I’m grateful this was enough for my nerves for today, I cried in the car of relief and a bunch of other feelings.
I’m grateful I did grocery shopping, had lunch at the mall, came home and slept for hours. I needed it.
I’m grateful the weather is cooler today. I’ll be in bed soon under the blanket, windows open to air the house. I’m completely exhausted today and it is ok. I’m processing a lot. Maybe I heal. For sure I need rest. I’m grateful for another day of successfully shooing codependent thoughts. Good night dear gratidudes :pray:

8 Likes

Your most welcome lovely :heart_eyes: hope your ok :heart:

4 Likes

Looking up! Loved it!
Found and she wrote, I don’t think all of us think in poems.
Stuck on that! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Woke up crappy, but let the cousins have a lake day full of drinks and music, and I stayed back at the pool with the kids… and actually am having fun!! :heartpulse: I don’t care if it’s temporary, at least I know it’s possible. The knot is relentless but I’m thinking that’s more my nervous system from detoxing too. Not just guilt.

8 Likes