Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

Thanks, Jasmine. Your words mean a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful itā€™s only a short workweek. I need to find a way to concentrate better. Lock myself in a room. Oropax. I donā€™t know. But like this, my head will explode and I produce only errors.
I am grateful I realized on my way to Decathlon (to by the dumbell a sister as on one leg itā€™s difficult to walk) how fast I get used to it. I mean like 6 weeks ago in the streets here I was scared and overwhelmed and now (not a huge fan) but okay. I know how the traffic works here and you have to be somehow self-confident and go.
I am grateful that I see this now. Cought up in the moment we are blind to change. And when too much time passed, I forget. (Like the struggles of early sobriety).
I am grateful we are such a big mix of people here have much more in common than we maybe think.
I am grateful I read and listen carefully. Like with my colleague today. We all have our insecurities, and weak points but we try to hide them or make fun of them probably to protect ourselves.
I am grateful I have enough.

Sorry. Bit lengthy and detailing. Still, I am grateful for this peaceful thread.

15 Likes

I second that @Cjp ! If I were a commercial I might say " itā€™s more than a timer,not just an app. But a supportive community " I learn so much here. Amazeballs,right? I guess I wonā€™t forget that,ever! Iā€™m grateful for my moms. Not so much my sister,but still grateful. Iā€™m grateful for my sisterā€™s cat,Carrot. Heā€™s a funny lil fucker. Iā€™m grateful for all that I have. Itā€™s more than enough. Iā€™m grateful for Indigo,sheā€™s so affectionate lately. Lies down next to me and self massages on my mala. Sweet. Grateful the mornings are not so humid,yet,and cool enough to turn the A.C. off for a bit. Grateful for my practice and for Refuge Recovery. Grateful for gratidudes. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

For you @Cjp. You rock!

14 Likes

Fuck ya we care!!
I been thinking about your doctors meeting a few times today. Hoping Iā€™d see a post somewhere. Sounds like good news. Or at least something you can work with. Iā€™m grateful you stopped by to tell us.
Iā€™m grateful our livers are no longer on the problem lists. And Iā€™m grateful your doc isnā€™t pushing the statins.

Be careful Jean. This gratitude business can be addicting. You might wake up one morning wanting more. Before you know it your on here every day getting a fix. Sometimes twice a day.
:pray:t2::heart:
Letā€™s cheers with an apple :apple: :blush:

12 Likes

Thatā€™s really some news to be grateful for @FeelingBetter. Your liver being taken off the problem list must give you a sigh of relief. Just curious if your physician talked about diet at all. That gets ignored and so many ā€œailmentsā€ can be addressed with a proper diet. Just curious. Iā€™m happy for you.

5 Likes

So,what happened to those 4 months? Imho you still have them. You had a slip. It happens. It doesnā€™t erase the 4 months and the hard work you did. I know Iā€™ve expressed this to you before Karen,and itā€™s up to you of course,but there are no hard fast rules. There are suggestions. Iā€™m proud of you for getting right back up and continuing. This shit is hard and you are doing great my friend. ODAAFT or izzit OFDAAT? Give yourself a pat on the back!!

6 Likes

Thanks @Soberbilly ! Iā€™m trying to remember I still have that sober time.

4 Likes

Thanks, Eric. I appreciate your thoughts :blush:
And I love a good crisp apple so cheers to that!

5 Likes

Thanks, yes. Some good news. I have discussed diet with my doctor, but I am mostly doing all the right things already. Surely room for improvement always, so ODAAT in many parts of life, eh?

6 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God for guiding me through another day and helping me remain clean and sober. Iā€™m grateful for all my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. Iā€™m grateful that I removed all my timers except for drugs and alcohol, keep it simple. Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t need to count days for all that stuff but it is important to me to keep track of the time of drugs and alcohol. Iā€™m grateful I will still focus on healthy eating, sexual habits and not smoking cigarettes or gambling but reseting and keeping track of all those was too much for now at least. Iā€™m grateful that even though I have missed posting some days lately I have been reading all the posts and still very actively grateful in my everyday life. Iā€™m grateful I crushed it today. I managed to create a new resume, apply for three jobs, drop off my mid month income report card, helped an addict apply for financial assistance, booked a drivers license test, a doctors appointment, made a meeting for thursday at the college to get back on track with the social service worker program I applied and got into last fall but didnā€™t attend, supported the woman I broke up with recently with integrity and compassion instead of ignoring her and my pain and hiding the truth, supported another friend dealing with her eight and ten year old children having suicidal thoughts, attended a support group, opened the church set up and participated with a long share that I needed at my narcotics anonymous home group which was great tonight didcussing step five, now Iā€™m cooking chicken and rice for my neighbor who also attended this evenings meeting. Also took this lovely photo while relaxing and meditating at the golf course while running said errends on this beautiful day.

Iā€™m also very grateful for this home thread and proud of all of us, sharing and caring in triumph or temporary defeat.

May our higher powers grant us compassion.

p.s. You matter. Ya you!!

14 Likes

Early morning gratitude. Iā€™m grateful yesterday was sunny and it dried up a bit so the construction site could go on working. Still too wet for garden work.

Iā€™m grateful for much much sleep. I needed it. Iā€™m grateful the cats vagabond around the house miowing, itā€™s nice. Iā€™m grateful for no nightmares, only weird dreams. Iā€™m grateful I sat with myself yesterday to process some heavy emotional stuff. It made me tired.
Iā€™m grateful for the beautifully blooming Tamarisk. What an outlook from the bathroom window. Iā€™m grateful I can turn around in bed and have some more sleep if the cats let me.

12 Likes

I am grateful for dinner with a friend last night and really tasty salad
Grateful my granny is up for another little adventure trip to the gardens. She is such an iron lady.
Grateful for the picture of the lilac you shared @Bootz. Reminded me of the three lilac bushes my grandpa planted when my cousins an I were born. White, purple and burgundy. They must be huge by now.
I am grateful wallpapers are replaceable (:smirk_cat:)
Grateful for laughs and finding joy in the absurdity of human existance
Grateful for playfulness and that I donā€™t have to be a responsible grown up 24/7
Grateful for this threat and the people that got me to where I am today. Calm and serene.
Grateful I have enough. More than enough, actually. :orange_heart:

9 Likes

Good morning grateful friends,

Iā€™m grateful for another day sober.

Iā€™m grateful I gave up on trying to sleep and got up at 4:30. I love my cats even though they were being little assholes and kept me from sleeping later. Iā€™m grateful for coffee.

Iā€™m grateful I see my doctor this morning. Iā€™m going to bring up that I think I could have some ADHD. Iā€™ve suspected that for a while now and really relate to the concept of executive dysfunction. Maybe worth testing.

Iā€™m grateful I signed my lease for another year. Not happy with the price increase, but itā€™s still cheaper than most other places with similar features. Iā€™m hoping to save up for a house down payment. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ve made my place feel like home.

Iā€™m grateful the headaches have been getting better. The physical therapy helps and Iā€™ve been trying to be more aware of my stress levels.

Grateful for all of you.
OFDAAT

10 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful forā€¦

My sobriety, 1yr 0.5 months
Everyone on this home thread being so honest and vulnerable
My hubby even when he annoys me
Boscoe cuddles in the am
Working from home today
Meeting work deadlines
Giving myself some grace when i went over my daily calories yesterday
Planned workouts this week
Leftovers for dinner
My sparkling water stash
A drinking dream scared me awake but i got back to sleep
Sunshine
Hope
Joy
AA meeting tonight to look forward to
Love

Peace and love on your journies my lovelies

11 Likes

You are Kick Ass @I.cant.We.can ! I agree about simplicity. I am def a keep it simple stupid kinda guy. I canā€™t even imagine looking at underlying causes of my long term drug addictions. It seems obvious. I did drugs because Iā€™m a fucking drug addict. Period. Iā€™m super grateful you are here Brian. This morning I am grateful that only one of the Canada goslings is gone. There are 2 families and the fam I saw earlier did have 4 cute yellow goslings. Now 3. Itā€™s rough out there with predatory birds. Osprey hawks and bald eagles probably snapping turtles and snakes in the water too. Maybe even a gator. I am grateful to continue seeing my defects and taking positive action to correct them. I am grateful that I had an insight: if I am speking of someone in my Sangha and they are not present its gossip. Gotta quit that shit. NOW. So,I shall. Even though the secretary in my Sangha always states it plainly,please keep your shares relevant to the meditation or the reading or your recovery as it relates to the Dharma,it often turns into group therapy. I guess I am a dick bcuz I want it to be about recovery not what happened to you yesterday you poor victim you. Sorry,Iā€™m ranting. Clearly I have lots of work to do,lol. Grateful. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

12 Likes

Good morning good buddies! Grateful for another beautiful morning. Grateful to be engaged and participating in my life and working every day to improve myself, my relationships and to take care of my family. Grateful for laughter and for participating in group activities even though sometimes it makes me anxious. Grateful Iā€™m in a place now to appreciate and enjoy these activities more than ever. Grateful to be on the softball team with work friends even though the game isnā€™t until 9pm. Wtf who is even still wearing day clothes at 9pm what is this nonsense

13 Likes

@I.cant.We.can WOW ā€“ Iā€™m glad to hear that youā€™ve removed all the other timers and are only focusing on the the big ones for your sobriety. Everything else is just a healthy lifestyle imo and you donā€™t have to be as rigid with it. You are doing amazing my friend and when you say you crushed the day ā€“ you really ā€œcrushedā€ it. Glad you found time for yourself though. Doing awesome ā€“ keep it up
@Bootz Thankyou so much for the pic ā€“ absolutely beautiful and purple is my favorite color. Was a treat to wake up to this pic . Love the nature smell after a good strong thunder storm cleansing.
@Frazzetta you crack me up ā€“ yes, so absurd to start a game at 9 pm. These days im in my pjā€™s as soon as I walk in the door (could be 3 or 8 ā€” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) Iā€™m all about the comfy life.

HAPPY TUESDAY MORNING MY SOBER FRIENDS
So grateful today. I have a sense of excitement running inside me ā€“ hope that it stays (kind of a fun feeling and itā€™s natural). :wink:
I am so grateful for waking up today with a reminder that we will be doing mediation / prayer at our house at 9. The days all blur together and some are super busy in the am so we canā€™t always start the day with a family practice but so great when we can. I feel that after this weekends session, the energy really shifted and am enjoying it while it lasts.
I am so grateful for a busy month ahead. We have a major festival that is super busy and just committed to another same weekend. It will be a very exhausting weekend but hey Iā€™ll be sober before and after it so all is well!
I am so grateful that Iā€™m at peace with the feeling that I will never be over the hurt of my past but will not let it define me or hold me back. Iā€™ve worked with so many on trying to forgive and forgetā€¦ never did get that concept and maybe Iā€™m just not there yet. I can forgive but the thoughts still hold a lot of emotion so iā€™m in no way forgetting. Iā€™ve just decided regardless iā€™m moving forward and to hell with the past - itā€™s a new day and a new me. :smiling_face:
I am so grateful for people actually returning emails / texts - so frustrating when it seems that everyone has forgotten to do their jobs.
I am so grateful that I have my mediation / praying practices to keep me moving in the right direction and bring me clarity / peace
I am so grateful that my family is so awesome - I am missing my sister (been a week since iā€™ve heard from her) so itā€™s time to pick up the phone
I am so grateful that I have this connection with my Higher Power and I do hope that I donā€™t lose it or start taking it for granted. I am so blessed.
I am so grateful for this wonderful community and all that iā€™m learning daily from you all. THANK YOU ALL!
have a splendid Tuesday my sober friends - sending much love :heart:

15 Likes

Evening gratitude. Iā€™m too tired to catch up. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m tired. Iā€™m grateful for therapy. Still thinking about what we talked, it feels like there was a breakthrough I cannot grab. Iā€™m confident it will show when it is time.

Iā€™m grateful for friends inviting me for a hot pot. It was my first time eating this dish and it was marvellous. We are sure we will go again for it! Iā€™m grateful we spent hours with eating and chatting.

I pray that the roof stays dense, itā€™s still raining. Iā€™m grateful I feel competent to manage my own bullshit. Iā€™m grateful my life is like it is allthough I miss my mum and my ex these days. Iā€™m grateful I only have to care about myself now allthough I cared with love for my mum and my ex. It was too much, I gave too much, the situation was overwhelming and exhausting. Now my life is fine, Iā€™m ok with everything thatā€™s in my control, I most days feel rested, I get enough sleep, cat cuddles, healthy food and caring human interaction. Iā€™m deeply grateful I made it this far and that Iā€™m committed to babysteps and living at my pace, taking my time. I donā€™t know where the journey will go, I only know that I feel better than a year ago and my life is manageable again, so this is the right direction.

Iā€™m grateful for my cozy bed and cats purring around me. Good night :pray:

12 Likes

Hey my beautiful sober friends
Having a hard time finding peace at the moment so wanted to take a deep breathe and dig deep for gratitudeā€™s as they are not spilling out of meā€¦

I am so grateful for having a roof over my head - a home where I have comfort and am not stressed of taking care of the landscape.
I am so grateful for the pizza I just ordered that I will devour in about 20 minutes :yum: Grateful that more and more places are not putting butter in the crust and can do a cheese less pizza upon request.
I am so grateful that I tried a new recipe for double fudge chocolate chip cookies and was told they turned out fantastic (iā€™m not really eating sugar except for my 2-4 oz of coconut ice cream nightly - hopefully this wonā€™t last long but needed something after i stopped drinking)
I am so grateful that just writing this out so far has already helped me so much.
Thank you so much for always being here! I am so grateful for all of you. Enjoy your evening / night my lovely sober friendsā€¦sending much love :heart:

15 Likes

Hi friends,
Iā€™m grateful for a pretty easy day. Iā€™m grateful I had time to workout after work. Iā€™m grateful dinner was easy and tasty. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s cool enough to sit on my porch swing and watch the rain clouds go by. I can smell the rain, but no sign of it here. Iā€™m grateful for the talk I had with my son, about how heā€™s feeling anxious about his future. Iā€™m grateful tools like one day at a time, and stay in the moment work with this too. Iā€™m grateful for our home, for our safety, for love and forgiveness. :heart:

12 Likes